Author Topic: Countdown: Fox News Caught Creating False News 11-15-06  (Read 2928 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Countdown: Fox News Caught Creating False News 11-15-06
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2006, 08:45:18 PM »
Yeah, for propaganda, jeez Jag, I think it's time you come out of the closet and admit your infactuation for communism and dictators,

The subject of discusion was a news organization, ...not communists or dictators. Grow a brain!
w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2006, 08:45:40 PM »
Remember when the palenstine hotel in Baghdad was hit with a shell?

Well, there is videotape of a US tank firing that round.  It slowly took aim, fired, and the shell killed a prominent aljazerra reporter and wounded others.  Hit their balcony and room.

The problem is, the US said their tank was fired on, and the shell was an errant response.  The problem is, there are zero sounds of any firing. You hear traffic, ambient noise, etc, and then the US tank just fires on the one media source which it disagreed with.  And it was recorded by some euro camera crew.  anyone have that clip?

IMO, there should have been a SERIOUS investigaiton as to why that shell was fired. I'm not defending or accusing anyone. But when there is videotape of a quiet day, then a US tank fires a shell at a journalist hotel, killing one crew it disagrees with, then lies about the circumstances, that is a serious fucking problem.

My country is better than that.  And every American should be pissed our fighting men aren't held to a higher standard.

Yes, man you are so right on everything.
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 08:47:36 PM »
Then dont quote a dictionary.

Your the one that didn't understand false didn't always mean fake.
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 08:48:19 PM »
How did they mislead. Because they didn't put a liberal spin on it?

Do you realize that News shouldn't have any spin on it at all???
S

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 09:05:02 PM »
Remember when the palenstine hotel in Baghdad was hit with a shell?

Well, there is videotape of a US tank firing that round.  It slowly took aim, fired, and the shell killed a prominent aljazerra reporter and wounded others.  Hit their balcony and room.

The problem is, the US said their tank was fired on, and the shell was an errant response.  The problem is, there are zero sounds of any firing. You hear traffic, ambient noise, etc, and then the US tank just fires on the one media source which it disagreed with.  And it was recorded by some euro camera crew.  anyone have that clip?

IMO, there should have been a SERIOUS investigaiton as to why that shell was fired. I'm not defending or accusing anyone. But when there is videotape of a quiet day, then a US tank fires a shell at a journalist hotel, killing one crew it disagrees with, then lies about the circumstances, that is a serious fucking problem.

My country is better than that.  And every American should be pissed our fighting men aren't held to a higher standard.

Ya, I saw that clip. Journalists were told they would be targetted. Those not embedded with the military and therefore not subject to 'Stockholm syndrome' were targetted. It was pretty disgusting especially since all the journalists were made to relocate to that hotel.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 09:05:16 PM »
Do you realize that News shouldn't have any spin on it at all???

Cable news talking heads are not journalists.

They are actors reading scripts basedloosely upon current events, designed to capture ratings with educated viewers who prefer their news come with a harder left or harder right slant.

We should all know this going in - the news we see every day is NOT journalism.  Neither left nor right.  It's a television program designed to elicit emotion and let the viewer keep their side against the evil that is another country, race, or party.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 09:06:42 PM »
Ya, I saw that clip. Journalists were told they would be targetted. Those not embedded with the military and therefore not subject to 'Stockholm syndrome' were targetted. It was pretty disgusting especially since all the journalists were made to relocate to that hotel.

It was in that media clip berserker shared i think? I'll look. 

yes, they were snug in the one hotel designated as a journalist safe haven.  it was after they were warned to stop showing dead bodies or something like that, saying it was bad for morale?  I vaguely remember. I'd love to see it.  We should demand better.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 09:09:29 PM »
Then dont quote a dictionary.

How did they mislead. Because they didn't put a liberal spin on it? Everyone knows fox is a conservative station. "Fair and Balanced" is a news slogan. But they certainly aren't misleading the american people. Phrasing a headline a different way is what every news station does. This is liberals attempting to attack Fox News for being the most watch news channel. And it wasa poor attempt.

News reporting is not supposed to be biased.

Here is a link to ethic guidelines of journalism:

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/journalism/ethics.htm

An excerpt:

* Seek truth and report it.
      Journalists should be honest, fair, and courageous in gathering, reporting, and interpreting information.
    * Minimize harm.
      Ethical journalists treat sources, subjects, and colleagues as human beings deserving of respect.
    * Act independently.
      Journalists should be free of obligation to any interest other than the public's right to know.
    * Be accountable.
      Journalists are accountable to their readers, listeners, viewers, and each other.

Fox is not following these guidelines. It is that simple.

I think it's perfectly ok to have debates between democrats and republicans on Fox.

To ask tough questions to John Murtha, hell, those questions definitely should be asked, he needs to be held accountable for his actions, and if there was anything funny going on, the media will hopefully find out.

But Fox have to be journalists! They have to do their job.

Report the reality as they see it, if they have some conservative bias, that's ok. As long as they try to not be biased.

But that is not what Fox is doing. The difference betwen Fox and pretty much every news station I've seen, is that Fox is on purpose spinning the news a certain way, trying to influence its viewers.

Only similar example I can think of is Iran's Government-controlled Media agency:

http://www.irna.ir/en/

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2006, 09:10:27 PM »
Hhahahahahahahah.....is that the best you clowns can do??
Do you have any idea how silly this sounds coming from you ::)  Mr. Itoldyouso cuz rush said so.... ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2006, 09:38:34 PM »
News reporting is not supposed to be biased.

Here is a link to ethic guidelines of journalism:

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/journalism/ethics.htm

An excerpt:

* Seek truth and report it.
      Journalists should be honest, fair, and courageous in gathering, reporting, and interpreting information.
    * Minimize harm.
      Ethical journalists treat sources, subjects, and colleagues as human beings deserving of respect.
    * Act independently.
      Journalists should be free of obligation to any interest other than the public's right to know.
    * Be accountable.
      Journalists are accountable to their readers, listeners, viewers, and each other.

Fox is not following these guidelines. It is that simple.

I think it's perfectly ok to have debates between democrats and republicans on Fox.

To ask tough questions to John Murtha, hell, those questions definitely should be asked, he needs to be held accountable for his actions, and if there was anything funny going on, the media will hopefully find out.

But Fox have to be journalists! They have to do their job.

Report the reality as they see it, if they have some conservative bias, that's ok. As long as they try to not be biased.

But that is not what Fox is doing. The difference betwen Fox and pretty much every news station I've seen, is that Fox is on purpose spinning the news a certain way, trying to influence its viewers.

Only similar example I can think of is Iran's Government-controlled Media agency:

http://www.irna.ir/en/

YIP
Zack

Somebody better forward this to CNN. . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 09:40:51 PM »
Somebody better forward this to CNN. . . .

MSNBC make tv news shows for liberals.
FOX news makes news shows for neocon conservatives.
CNN makes news for middle class moderates.
CNBC makes news for upper class people of both parties.
MTV makes shows for fucking idiots.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 09:43:29 PM »
there is so much liberal bullshit on tv its amazing. but the one conservative station gets so much shit. are you telling me cnn or msnbc isnt bias?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 09:57:07 PM »
there is so much liberal bullshit on tv its amazing. but the one conservative station gets so much shit. are you telling me cnn or msnbc isnt bias?

They're both very pro-American, so biased in that perspective.

Eg, they've both been selective in the way the reported on the war in Iraq.

Totally unacceptable.

It's not the role of the journalist to "protect" the viewer from certain bad truths.

Report what happens. Seek out the truth.

As far as biased towards any party, I am positive that neither CNN or MSNBC has a written agenda to spin news.

With that being said, some reporters show blatant lack of objectivity: In an interview with John Murtha, I found Chris Matthews to almost coach Murtha through some answers.

As for Olbermann: I don't like his type of show. Be it O'Reilly, Olbermann or Limbaugh. That stuff doesn't belong on bigtime TV.

To the Olbermann's shows credit, it has pointed out a lot of the failures of O'Reilly. But he's a little short on credibility, since he's a commentator himself, doesn't let the evidence do all the talking.

There are others that are biased.

But the difference is that there clearly is no agenda from the news station to spin towards a long-term goal.

Other than, of course, the spin MSNBC and CNN has done on the Iraq war for a long time, deciding to tell a very photoshopped version of what's going on.

Self-censorship of its worst kind. A journalist should definitely be prepared to go to jail to seek out the truth.

Neither MSNBC or CNN has those kind of journalists, apparently.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2006, 09:59:07 PM »

it's like you just post without reading.

MSNBC make tv news shows for liberals.
FOX news makes news shows for neocon conservatives.
CNN makes news for middle class moderates.
CNBC makes news for upper class people of both parties.

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2006, 10:04:54 PM »
I understand Fox is biased and spin things to sound conservative. What I'm saying is every one does the same thing. They all report the same major headlines they just spin it differently. The are not misleading. Misleading would be like saying there was no gunman on the grassy nole.  lol

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2006, 10:05:18 PM »

Literally LOL'd
S