Author Topic: Senior Democrat renews call for military draft  (Read 11454 times)

latman

• Getbig II
  • Gotbig!
Re: Senior Democrat renews call for military draft
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 10:45:26 PM »
based on birthdays selected thru a lottery. 
could be fair but the way you guys hold elections, it'll probably be a computer lottery and well it would be better to just draw numbers from a hat.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 10:53:54 PM »
could be fair but the way you guys hold elections, it'll probably be a computer lottery and well it would be better to just draw numbers from a hat.

you got that right.  hey, what country are you from?  and what have you heard about our elections?

the news we were told here in the US was that Ohio and Florida, in the 2004 Election for President, had huge differences in exit polls vs. electronic machine results.

latman

• Getbig II
  • Gotbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 11:01:11 PM »
you got that right.  hey, what country are you from?  and what have you heard about our elections?

the news we were told here in the US was that Ohio and Florida, in the 2004 Election for President, had huge differences in exit polls vs. electronic machine results.
Britain.  The world is laughing at you yanks.  We joke the power elite must have determined it easier to rig an election now that it has become the prefered method for intelligence agencies to control third world countries.  An election is easy to rig a dictator is unpredictable and has to be overthrown when he gets out of wack.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2006, 11:03:35 PM »
Britain.  The world is laughing at you yanks.  We joke the power elite must have determined it easier to rig an election now that it has become the prefered method for intelligence agencies to control third world countries.  An election is easy to rig a dictator is unpredictable and has to be overthrown when he gets out of wack.

Dude, please feel free to post news articles, opinions, thoughts, and what the world knows that we don't.  We get FOX news and CNN, which don't tell us much.

latman

• Getbig II
  • Gotbig!
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2006, 11:24:51 PM »
I heard your congress had somewhere around 6 kids at war.  The number serving over here is greater.

latman

• Getbig II
  • Gotbig!

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
  • Nobody is jealous of a loser!
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 03:43:23 AM »
Rangel wants to reinstate the draft bc he believes "...it will deter congressman from fighting wars" !!!

HOW MESSED UP IS THAT THINKING...it's too early in the morning to try and think through his thought process, but I hate this liberal thinking...their views actually cause more harm in practice.  This scenario is assinine.
Sleep Big.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2006, 05:38:25 AM »
Rangel wants to reinstate the draft bc he believes "...it will deter congressman from fighting wars" !!!

HOW MESSED UP IS THAT THINKING...it's too early in the morning to try and think through his thought process, but I hate this liberal thinking...their views actually cause more harm in practice.  This scenario is assinine.

Irony is, it makes perfect sense.

An actual draft (with no exceptions whatsoever) would make the war real to more Americans and spread the pain equally across our society.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2006, 11:57:37 AM »
how do you feel about the 55,000 babies that are aborted every day?

lol you're pretty stupid. Why would you even bring that in to the conversation? And do you know whether 240 is pro-abortion or not?  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2006, 12:54:29 PM »
Does anyone think complaints made by people who volunteered to serve in a time of war are pointless and stupid?  People like Cindy Sheehan are stupid.  The way she parades around, you would think there was a draft and her son was called to service.  He joined voluntarily. 

I agree. Cindy Sheehan is way over the top.. Didn't her son do one tour and then go back again? If her son enjoyed and took pride in what he was doing then I dunno why she goes around whining and camping next to Bush's house. She should put her efforts elsewhere, like anti-war rallies.

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
  • Nobody is jealous of a loser!
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2006, 05:46:44 PM »
Irony is, it makes perfect sense.

An actual draft (with no exceptions whatsoever) would make the war real to more Americans and spread the pain equally across our society.

First of all...why would YOU want to "spread the pain equally across our society"? and what does this mean?

Second....no exceptions whatsoever...do you mean physically, mentally, spiritually, economically, etc? 

I am not of the class of which dems think go to fight our wars, but if it meant that much to me I would just sign up and go.  There are already enough troops available to fight as the needed manpower - what good will I do adding to more peeps standing around in the US?  Do you want people with higher educational degrees and or net worths to be shooting eye-to-eye with the terrorists just bc you think they need to feel some "pain"?
Sleep Big.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2006, 05:53:02 PM »
rangel's motive:

If republicans, and more importantly, republican donators - who support the war but keep their kids home - suddenly have to kiss their children goodbye to send them to war, they will reconsider their support for this war.

The draft killed vietnam.  It could do the same for iraq. Anti-war people are just too dumb to realize it.  The moment every senator gets a call from his son saying grandson is heading to Baghdad, the senators will vote to cut war funding and iraq ends.

(note to all: We will be in Iraq for 5 to 7 more years.  We are installing an oil pipeline in iraq, afghan, and eventually, iran.  So it's all a moot point to argue anyway)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2006, 05:55:14 PM »

http://www.infowars.com/articles/London_attack/london_bombing.htm

Thought you might enjoy this one, mate!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2006, 07:35:07 PM »
Yeah, because the US never fought any wars before the draft was ended in 1972. Rangel is such a dumbass. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2006, 07:36:50 PM »
Yeah, because the US never fought any wars before the draft was ended in 1972. Rangel is such a dumbass. ::)

The draft is used in cases where manpower is inadequate, and it quickly makes the war way less popular as parents with influence have to see their kids come home in boxes.

I don't understand your comment, brianx

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2006, 03:36:18 AM »
First of all...why would YOU want to "spread the pain equally across our society"? and what does this mean?

Second....no exceptions whatsoever...do you mean physically, mentally, spiritually, economically, etc? 

I am not of the class of which dems think go to fight our wars, but if it meant that much to me I would just sign up and go.  There are already enough troops available to fight as the needed manpower - what good will I do adding to more peeps standing around in the US?  Do you want people with higher educational degrees and or net worths to be shooting eye-to-eye with the terrorists just bc you think they need to feel some "pain"?

Simple:

Only a few people are on the line when politicos make these decisions for war. It's well understood who volunteers and why. In most cases it's people with no other good options and the socioeconomically disadvantaged. It's fairly easy for our society to accept someone without a "shining" future getting killed/wounded. Until every level of our society feels the pain, every level will not take responsibility for our govornment's decisions.

No exceptions means no exceptions.