Author Topic: Arnold in 1980(Sydney)  (Read 81677 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: Arnold in 1980(Sydney)
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2009, 02:03:39 AM »

hmmm, don't know about most of that
but
Arnold would NEVER, ever talk smack unless he had Franco and some of the boys with him....old story where A was getting his ass beat by a southerner in Gold's, Franco jumped in and bit the guy's leg

Arnold had pussy written all over his face back then.  Franco was a loud mouth Italian as well as a shitty boxer.  Both were Europeans with big mouths, like blacks were only tough in each others' presence.  Mentzer was his own man......like drifter he walked alone. 

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »
Arnold had pussy written all over his face back then.  Franco was a loud mouth Italian as well as a shitty boxer.  Both were Europeans with big mouths, like blacks were only tough in each others' presence.  Mentzer was his own man......like drifter he walked alone. 
   That last sentence was almost poetic, lol.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2009, 03:03:32 PM »
   That last sentence was almost poetic, lol.

it's from an 80's song. here i go again on my own. i think Whitesnake

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2009, 06:03:21 PM »

I was in hospital ER recently...white patient became enraged at something while being checked in....shouted "Obama my ass..."....there where many patients/people of color present...no one moved or said a thing. Nothing. Made me chuckle.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2009, 08:11:28 AM »
Mentzer was fucking awesome and he should have punched Arnold in his fucking cocky arrogant mouth!  Arnold's a fucking homo anyways.  Always has been.  Mentzer was the epitome of power and that solid looking brick shit house build.  Arnold was a twig when he came off the drugs! Arnold was a big pussy too!  He couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag.  Always talking shit and never backing his big mouth up.  Someone needed to shut his lilly ass up but no one did.

7 Mr. Olympia titles; 5 Mr. Universe titles; and a Mr. World did the back up, bonehead.

Mike 'Cry Baby' Mentzer had a good physique, I give him that, but damn did he have issues.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2009, 01:20:41 PM »
7 Mr. Olympia titles; 5 Mr. Universe titles; and a Mr. World did the back up, bonehead.

Mike 'Cry Baby' Mentzer had a good physique, I give him that, but damn did he have issues.

he was referring to his reticence to throw fists

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »
he was referring to his reticence to throw fists

Well, Ex-lax, Arnold's reticence to throw fists was out the window during his European days.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2009, 09:49:30 AM »
Mentzer was fucking awesome and he should have punched Arnold in his fucking cocky arrogant mouth!  Arnold's a fucking homo anyways.  Always has been.  Mentzer was the epitome of power and that solid looking brick shit house build.  Arnold was a twig when he came off the drugs! Arnold was a big pussy too!  He couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag.  Always talking shit and never backing his big mouth up.  Someone needed to shut his lilly ass up but no one did.
Mentzer was without a doubt, one of the best ever but he couldn't carry Arnold's jock strap......especially off stage......Arnold was and is, a man that has achieved so very much.......800 million dollar net worth.......Governor.... ....most recognizable action star/movie star in the world.......7 Mr. O........COME ON......the man has done it all.......getting back to bodybuilding, Mentzer had great tris, shoulders, calves and overall muscle density......but Arnold was a little more pleasing to look at.......as far as arrogance and cockiness goes......Mentzer had plenty of that going on... just my .02

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2009, 10:00:17 AM »
Well, Ex-lax, Arnold's reticence to throw fists was out the window during his European days.

The embarassing man-luv for Arnold leaves our resident Arnold groupie with no objectivity-Arnold can do no wrong, anyone who dares question him including Mentzer are jerks, etc lol. Pollux with no embarassment whatsoever constantly riding Arnold's sack-i'm sure Arnold would want to avoid this guy like the plague.

Thus the unnecessary, over the top attacks on Mentzer. Pollux is much like the fawning sidekicks who Arnold always had around him for protection because of Arnold the weasel's big mouth. At the 80s Olympia he had Waller there beside him, wouldn't talk tough without someone to protect him.

When Arnold was without sidekicks he harassed ONLY those who were smaller, like Robby Robinson's wife and an assortment of other women.

Mentzer was not in great condition in '80 and didn't deserve to win. Arnold wasn't what he was but was still one of the better guys there.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2009, 12:12:02 PM »

Witty. Yeah, he was such an astute choir boy...always did the right things...'bollux' (as they'd say in London)

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2009, 12:14:29 PM »
The embarassing man-luv for Arnold leaves our resident Arnold groupie with no objectivity-Arnold can do no wrong, anyone who dares question him including Mentzer are jerks, etc lol. Pollux with no embarassment whatsoever constantly riding Arnold's sack-i'm sure Arnold would want to avoid this guy like the plague.

Thus the unnecessary, over the top attacks on Mentzer. Pollux is much like the fawning sidekicks who Arnold always had around him for protection because of Arnold the weasel's big mouth. At the 80s Olympia he had Waller there beside him, wouldn't talk tough without someone to protect him.

When Arnold was without sidekicks he harassed ONLY those who were smaller, like Robby Robinson's wife and an assortment of other women.

Mentzer was not in great condition in '80 and didn't deserve to win. Arnold wasn't what he was but was still one of the better guys there.

Agree with all except on Mentzer's condition.

Yeah, Pollux, since you love posting A pics so much...how about the classic where Mentzer is confronting him and all Arnold can do is distainfully waive his hand and stare at the floor. What a man.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2009, 12:16:40 PM »
Mentzer was without a doubt, one of the best ever but he couldn't carry Arnold's jock strap......especially off stage......Arnold was and is, a man that has achieved so very much.......800 million dollar net worth.......Governor........most recognizable action star/movie star in the world.......7 Mr. O........COME ON......the man has done it all.......getting back to bodybuilding, Mentzer had great tris, shoulders, calves and overall muscle density......but Arnold was a little more pleasing to look at.......as far as arrogance and cockiness goes......Mentzer had plenty of that going on... just my .02

Since he has proven over time his dislike towards those of color and such, how do you think he feels about Oprah being worth over two billion?

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2009, 01:46:33 PM »
Yeah, Pollux, since you love posting A pics so much...how about the classic where Mentzer is confronting him and all Arnold can do is distainfully waive his hand and stare at the floor. What a man.

And the following pic is where Arnold is seen giving Samir Bannout a five to acknowledge that Mike's head was too easy to fuck with...  ;)

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2009, 01:58:46 PM »
The embarassing man-luv for Arnold leaves our resident Arnold groupie with no objectivity-Arnold can do no wrong, anyone who dares question him including Mentzer are jerks

In reference to all the hoopla that happened at the 1980 Mr. Olympia between Mike Mentzer and Arnold Schwarzenegger, then no. I saw Arnold do no wrong.

I can admit that I could've seen Arnold in second place at that event with Chris Dickerson taking the title being that he was the ONLY man, I believe, to give Arnold a run for his money that year.

I can also admit Arnold bringing Franco on stage during the show was a little ridiculous and uncalled for. But for this event, Arnold was the better man and showpiece.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2009, 02:05:29 PM »

And the following pic is where Arnold is seen giving Samir Bannout a five to acknowledge that Mike's head was too easy to fuck with...  ;)

No.

"Thank God Mentzer did not rip my pouty mouth off of my face..."

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2009, 02:08:23 PM »
I love the reivisionism visited by pollux.

Boyer Coe who was there in the middle of it, says it turned out entirely to the contrary to the fiction spun by Schwarzenegger and accepted by the masses like pollux.

Schwarzenegger tried to create problems and the guys involved like Coe and Mentzer wouldn't have any of it, in fact no one other than Schwarzenegger wanted the contest to be changed! LOL

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »

Boyer Coe who was there in the middle of it, says it turned out entirely to the contrary to the fiction spun by Schwarzenegger and accepted by the masses like pollux.

Schwarzenegger tried to create problems and the guys involved like Coe and Mentzer wouldn't have any of it, in fact no one other than Schwarzenegger wanted the contest to be changed! LOL

Arnold had big pecs...
I hate the State.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2009, 05:00:34 PM »
Arnold had big pecs...

The chest and arms were his trademark.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2009, 06:30:26 PM »

Correct.

In fact, if this 'Pollux' character really knew as much as he likes to think he does about his beloved Arnie, he'd know that that very thing was written in the 1980 M&F 1980 O coverage issue....that everyone was fine with the one class except the big mouthed one.

I believe Jack neary wrote the piece, and Arnold was pissed about it and even confronted Neary sometime later in Canada.

"I wish you could be more positive..." , he told Neary.

The competitors were concerned about proze money....and A made some half-assed comment that the bb's were losers for having to depend on the prize$

Now, pollux, before you get your panties in a bunch....I recall the above from a magazine printed about 30 years ago.

Its imprinted in my mind.

I don't have archives at my fingertips like you seem to.

Some details may be off. But the above is the general idea.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2009, 05:20:11 AM »
Correct.

In fact, if this 'Pollux' character really knew as much as he likes to think he does about his beloved Arnie, he'd know that that very thing was written in the 1980 M&F 1980 O coverage issue....that everyone was fine with the one class except the big mouthed one.

I believe Jack neary wrote the piece, and Arnold was pissed about it and even confronted Neary sometime later in Canada.

"I wish you could be more positive..." , he told Neary.

The competitors were concerned about proze money....and A made some half-assed comment that the bb's were losers for having to depend on the prize$

Now, pollux, before you get your panties in a bunch....I recall the above from a magazine printed about 30 years ago.

Its imprinted in my mind.

I don't have archives at my fingertips like you seem to.

Some details may be off. But the above is the general idea.

Nowhere in any of my posts did I say Arnold did NOT dispute the weight classes, bonehead. That, I knew he did.

By the way, it was the Feb. '81 issue of Muscle & Fitness.  ;D

And my panties are just fine.  :D

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2009, 09:16:15 AM »
Dickerson was definitely @ his best in 1980!!!!! His triceps development and back detail were out of this world!!!!

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2009, 03:50:32 AM »
Dickerson was definitely @ his best in 1980!!!!! His triceps development and back detail were out of this world!!!!

Agreed. As I've said...he's the ONLY person who gave Arnold a run for his money at the 1980 Olympia.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2009, 07:51:53 AM »
Since he has proven over time his dislike towards those of color and such, how do you think he feels about Oprah being worth over two billion?
I agree with you.....Oprah and don't forget Robert Johnson, founder of BET, at one time a billionaire before his divorce. You must ask Bill Grant about the accusations Arnold has faced.....also ask Leon Brown about this......2 of Arnold's good friends to this day......both men of color.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2009, 07:53:05 AM »
Both men defend Arnold wholeheartedly!

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2009, 08:03:35 AM »
I agree with you.....Oprah and don't forget Robert Johnson, founder of BET, at one time a billionaire before his divorce. You must ask Bill Grant about the accusations Arnold has faced.....also ask Leon Brown about this......2 of Arnold's good friends to this day......both men of color.

Dave Dupre...and giant of a man whom I can tell you would be afraid of NO MAN in his day...can tell you Arnold bigot stories galore..A was ripping on Joe as a jew...Dave said, "Hey, German, was it not Joe the Jew who brought you here...?

That would shut his curled, aryan mouth

Oh yeah, homo Pollux...where are you amidst all this??? Boo Hoo Hoo