Author Topic: Learning Thread *Satanism*  (Read 18884 times)

blinky

• Getbig V
Re: Learning Thread *Satanism*
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2007, 09:42:33 AM »
It really IS the answer for alot of people blinky. Keep learning..

no its not my thing. just interesting to read things that i never knew.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2007, 12:55:13 PM »
Most of the symbolism STella is meant to for lack of a better word 'upset' the christian community.

How do you reconcile that with #4 of the Satanic statements?

Here are the orginal 9 Satanic statements as given by Anton LaVey

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

Is it that Christians are not deemed worthy of kindness?  If not, why? 

Also, who decides who is worthy of kindness?  Is that left as a personal decision of each individual or are there guidelines for determining "worthiness?"

Honestly, did you even click past the homepage, read anything? If not, why not?

I'm betting the answer will be "I don't need to"    ;)

I did click past the entry pic and began to read the text on the first page but it just didn't keep my interest.  I will try to search the site more thoroughly when I have more time.  I'm sure I'll have many more questions for you then!

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2007, 01:01:16 PM »
Just discovered this thread, didn'y even realise there was a board for religious discussion!

1] The 'myth' of Anton Lavey has been disseminated many times. He was a liar, a wife beater, a fake and a money crazed scoundrel. This is according to his own family!

2] When the church of satan was originally formed they did believe in a literal satan - a big bad guy in the sky that could give them 'magical powers' ::) At some point in the mid seventies Lavey stopped believing and instead turned his church into a personal bank.

3] Most of the satanic bible is Rands work jazzed up with some metaphysical musings.

4] The only work of any importance Lavey ever wrote was the compleat witch. This is either the ravings of a misogyinist madman or a profound insight into the power of women and the pathetic nature of men.

5] Despite earlier indictaions that indicated otherwise, Lavey didn't like homosexuals and didn't want them in his church [unless they were rich and would give him money]. At heart he was a traditional fifties male.

5] The vast majority of people that call themselves 'satanists' are fat, ugly, single men that somehow believe they are part of 'the elite' ::)

6] The two biographies about lavey were ghostwritten by him! For a true look at the church of satan and lavey read the church of satan, by michael aquino. He left the church after lavey started selling titles to people, and then formed the even more deluded temple of set. Oh, he was also the centre of a huge paedophile scandal. Speaking of which, laveys grandson claims lavey let him be abused by an old man. Charming ::)

[Don't break the oath by Merycful Fate is one of the best albums ever recorded. KD and lavey did meet, and lavey gave him his pentagram!]

UK Gold, glad that you found the religion board lol!  There are Political and Sports childboards also...just FYI.

UK, was the above written by you?  What is your spiritual background (if you don't mind answering)?

I'm also interested in Count's response to your post.
R

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »
stella, i thinks its great that you put up threads to learn about other religions. being that youre christian some people might say its wrong of you to "promote" other religions............... .especially satanism.

i think count might have mentioned somewhere here breifly but i bet most christians wouldnt even want to know/learn/read more about satanism.  good on you and the rest of the christians(myself included) that are willing to.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2007, 05:56:28 PM »
UK Gold, glad that you found the religion board lol!  There are Political and Sports childboards also...just FYI.

UK, was the above written by you?  What is your spiritual background (if you don't mind answering)?

Yes!

I studied religion/contempory religion at university and wrote numerous papers on the occult versus 'traditional' religion etc.

I am 100% atheist! I believe everyone should read the selfish gene and the god delusion by Richard Dawkins - especially children.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2007, 07:08:08 PM »
How do you reconcile that with #4 of the Satanic statements?

Is it that Christians are not deemed worthy of kindness?  If not, why? 

Also, who decides who is worthy of kindness?  Is that left as a personal decision of each individual or are there guidelines for determining "worthiness?"

I did click past the entry pic and began to read the text on the first page but it just didn't keep my interest.  I will try to search the site more thoroughly when I have more time.  I'm sure I'll have many more questions for you then!

I wouldn't make any distinction of a persons religious beliefs in extending kindness to them. If they are worthy, they are worthy.

I'm not sure if I'm following on you how satanic symbolism is being unkind to a christian person or any person for that matter. They can view it or not. If it offends them, that is a personal feeling. If i wear a pentagram around my neck, it is not to inflict hate or cruelty on to someone.   Maybe I'm missing what you were saying?

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2007, 07:37:07 PM »

It just sounds like alot of here-say to me.

I'm not that familiar with Ayn Rand's work for the most part or how much of an actual influence it was. The Satanic Bible is a clearly written belief system and guideline, I don't think anyone had much input to the actual text other than LaVey and whomever was close to him at the time, if anyone.

I would hardly put any stock in whatever Zeena LaVey and other family members have said "after" her father passed away. She was looking to cash in on the "church" when he was alive, that is for sure. 

Michael Aquino is Michael Aquino, good for him.

I personally don't look to Anton LaVey as any kind of martyr or religious symbol. He is merely someone who had a lot of courage to step up at a time when the world was much more closeminded and stand up for what he believed in. He introduced a belief system that alot of people are very comfortable making their way in the world with.

If I can find my cd, I will put up the song The Oath for everyone to listen to, but I've looked several times and not sure where it disappeared to.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2007, 03:34:06 AM »
count, is there a person who is head of the satanic church? kind of like the pope for catholics.

if so, who is it?

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2007, 05:11:04 AM »
count, is there a person who is head of the satanic church? kind of like the pope for catholics.

if so, who is it?

I think his woman Blanche Barton is the head of the church now.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2007, 08:08:47 AM »
count do you worship at all or strictly anti-religion???

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2007, 10:24:52 PM »

Anti-christianity / organized religion, with a focus on humanity, what makes us what we are, what drives us, enables us, satisfies us and embracing it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #136 on: March 01, 2007, 12:12:02 AM »

I'm pretty Anti-religion (not that you asked me of course).

Mostly because more killing has been done because of some religion than for any other reason throughout history.

However, if you have your faith and you really walk the walk... More power to you.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #137 on: March 01, 2007, 05:46:23 AM »
Anti-christianity / organized religion, with a focus on humanity, what makes us what we are, what drives us, enables us, satisfies us and embracing it.

Cool..... thanks

Blue Heat

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2007, 05:26:55 AM »
It is good to start from the beginning with the basics of any religion. I guess I am under the assumption that most people on this thread have already done their research on satanism and most other religions, however having come across a great deal of christians who are hesitant to discuss satanism on any level, perhaps feeling it may infiltrate their pure thoughts.... at Stella's request, we'll see where this thread goes (to HELL perhaps).

I've never been taken up by any christian I've offered to read the satanic bible, they won't even touch it. They don't "need to" read it, they know all they need to know, or so they say. I can say I have read a good deal of the bible, both new and old testament. I have nothing to fear from it and it most certainly doesn't cause my own faith to waver.

Perhaps their are some other satanists lurking who would like to join in and offer their experiences or impart some knowledge and truths.

Here are the orginal 9 Satanic statements as given by Anton LaVey

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

Ok, bible beaters, time to throw your worthless, manipulated 10 commandments into the fire !

The Lord hath spoken ye poor deluded soul....AS THE LORD LIVETH, no sorcerer or idolater or devil worshipper shalt have any part in the Kingdom of God. This fellow Count Dracula  ;D has no clue about anything in life. Another sad case of life wasted...unless ye repent, ye shall have your part in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2007, 09:16:47 PM »
Count, do you think of yourself as your own "god" who knows what's best for you?  Or do you have a "take life as it comes" thought process or something different?

What are your thoughts on the following?  Do you have a card that you paid for and carry it?  If so, have you ever showed it to another in a neutral environment and found them to have the same?

Registered Membership
We don’t solicit memberships; however, if you wish to join us to show your support or appreciation you can become a Registered Member. For a one-time registration fee of two hundred dollars in United States currency, you will receive an embossed crimson card declaring you a member of the Church of Satan. This card is your means for identifying yourself as a genuine member of the Church of Satan to other members. If you expect to meet another member for the first time, be prepared to produce your card. Likewise, you may be expected to produce a scan of your card to certify your membership to other members online.

If you represent yourself as affiliated with the Church of Satan, you are legally required to register with us as a member.  All applicants must submit the signed and dated Registration Statement via postal mail—electronic facsimiles are not acceptable.

R

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2007, 10:14:42 PM »
Count, do you think of yourself as your own "god" who knows what's best for you?  Or do you have a "take life as it comes" thought process or something different?

What are your thoughts on the following?  Do you have a card that you paid for and carry it?  If so, have you ever showed it to another in a neutral environment and found them to have the same?

Registered Membership
We don’t solicit memberships; however, if you wish to join us to show your support or appreciation you can become a Registered Member. For a one-time registration fee of two hundred dollars in United States currency, you will receive an embossed crimson card declaring you a member of the Church of Satan. This card is your means for identifying yourself as a genuine member of the Church of Satan to other members. If you expect to meet another member for the first time, be prepared to produce your card. Likewise, you may be expected to produce a scan of your card to certify your membership to other members online.

If you represent yourself as affiliated with the Church of Satan, you are legally required to register with us as a member.  All applicants must submit the signed and dated Registration Statement via postal mail—electronic facsimiles are not acceptable.

STella, both of the statements in the first paragraph I would tend to agree with. I am in control of my own destiny, I guess you could say I am my own god. There is nothing or no one looking out for me, no amount of idol worship is going to bring about change in my life.

I do take life as it comes, much of what life brings to you is self-initiated, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. I'm a big believer in timing in life. Timing is everything, I just think that sometimes for some people, the timing of good things doesn't happen to where they can take advantage of the situation. I guess you could call it luck.

I would never pay to be a member of the church. That type of identification may be important for some people, especially if they like to socialize with like-minded individuals.

I was myself when I found satanism, it was like finding the missing information that I needed on what life is about. I wasn't seeking anything out, it was just by chance and it fit, but it was already who I was.

If that makes sense. I honestly don't like to talk religion that much in person, people tend to get close-minded so it doesn't lead to very good conversations. You are an exception.   :)

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2007, 10:16:53 PM »
Ok, this has to be my last post on anything other than the Alphabet boards, you can see why, it just too apropos to not take advantage of.    :D

Feel free to pm, or chat with on the V!    8)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: March 25, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »
Ok, this has to be my last post on anything other than the Alphabet boards,

:(

Feel free to pm, or chat with on the V!    8)
ok  :)
R