Author Topic: Learning Thread *Satanism*  (Read 18868 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Learning Thread *Satanism*
« on: November 20, 2006, 05:59:51 AM »
"The Learning Thread" hopefully will be a vehicle for us to learn more about different religions and beliefs.  The plan is to feature a certain religion/belief system until the thread starts to dry up.  Then another will be chosen (suggestions are welcome).

I would like people of different religion/beliefs to help us learn about them by answering our questions.

Please be respectful on this thread, especially to our educator, and the educator is also expected to be respectful.

Disrespectful posts may to have to be modified or deleted.  Sorry, but the person educating us needs to feel comfortable here.

Also, let's please try to limit our questions to one or two per post.  It'll be easier to answer them that way.

I've already someone knowledgable in satanism to participate in this thread. 

We're ready when you are Count Grishnackh! 
R

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Learning Thread *Satanism*
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 10:59:07 AM »
Stella, have you got alzheimers?

We've just had a "Learn about Islam" sticky.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 01:13:23 PM »
Stella, have you got alzheimers?

We've just had a "Learn about Islam" sticky.

Maybe.  But the last post on the Islam thread was Oct 23.  Time for a new belief system :)

Nordic, you may not have been around when we did "Scientology."  It was pretty interesting.

oh....or you are making a joke? ???  sorry, it may be the alzheimers :(
R

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 01:37:02 PM »
Maybe.  But the last post on the Islam thread was Oct 23.  Time for a new belief system :)

Nordic, you may not have been around when we did "Scientology."  It was pretty interesting.

oh....or you are making a joke? ???  sorry, it may be the alzheimers :(

I don't have much to say about Scientology other than it's a joke.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 11:47:12 PM »
It is good to start from the beginning with the basics of any religion. I guess I am under the assumption that most people on this thread have already done their research on satanism and most other religions, however having come across a great deal of christians who are hesitant to discuss satanism on any level, perhaps feeling it may infiltrate their pure thoughts.... at Stella's request, we'll see where this thread goes (to HELL perhaps).

I've never been taken up by any christian I've offered to read the satanic bible, they won't even touch it. They don't "need to" read it, they know all they need to know, or so they say. I can say I have read a good deal of the bible, both new and old testament. I have nothing to fear from it and it most certainly doesn't cause my own faith to waver.

Perhaps their are some other satanists lurking who would like to join in and offer their experiences or impart some knowledge and truths.

Here are the orginal 9 Satanic statements as given by Anton LaVey

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

Ok, bible beaters, time to throw your worthless, manipulated 10 commandments into the fire !

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 06:03:28 AM »
Hi Count G. and thanks for helping us to learn about your belief system.

1) What is a "psychic vampire?"

2) Several of the statements by LaVey use the words "instead of."  Are the subsequent words in the statements referring to Christianity?  If so, do you think this gives credence to Christianity?

3) Other than Christianity and Judaism, do other belief systems present the devil as a real being?
R

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 06:10:38 AM »

2) Several of the statements by LaVey use the words "instead of."  Are the subsequent words in the statements referring to Christianity?  If so, do you think this gives credence to Christianity?

3) Other than Christianity and Judaism, do other belief systems present the devil as a real being?

haahaa, are you really trying to be serious?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 06:34:41 AM »
haahaa, are you really trying to be serious?

yes, why?

What's a psychic vampire DonkeyKong?  I don't think the Count is online yet.
R

sandycoosworth

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 07:05:52 AM »
It is good to start from the beginning with the basics of any religion. I guess I am under the assumption that most people on this thread have already done their research on satanism and most other religions, however having come across a great deal of christians who are hesitant to discuss satanism on any level, perhaps feeling it may infiltrate their pure thoughts.... at Stella's request, we'll see where this thread goes (to HELL perhaps).

I've never been taken up by any christian I've offered to read the satanic bible, they won't even touch it. They don't "need to" read it, they know all they need to know, or so they say. I can say I have read a good deal of the bible, both new and old testament. I have nothing to fear from it and it most certainly doesn't cause my own faith to waver.

Perhaps their are some other satanists lurking who would like to join in and offer their experiences or impart some knowledge and truths.

Here are the orginal 9 Satanic statements as given by Anton LaVey

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!

2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!

3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!

6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!

7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!

Ok, bible beaters, time to throw your worthless, manipulated 10 commandments into the fire !

Good Post

Leaving aside the bullshit rituals you see on tv, satanism is really nothing more than existential utilitarianism and to me is more of a code of ethics(or lack thereof) than a religion

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 12:22:30 PM »
yes, why?

What's a psychic vampire DonkeyKong?  I don't think the Count is online yet.

haha, that's why i asked.

psychic vampire, lmao.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 09:16:42 PM »

These are good questions DonkeyKong...

1) A psychic vampire can really be defined 2 ways "now". The past few years, the subculture of people who really believe they ARE vampiric, have broken this down into sanguinarius (blood needy) vampires and psi (or psychic) vampires, who feed off of the psychic energy of others.

I believe LaVey was referring to psychic vampires in the context of people who are a waste of your time, energy, thought process. You know the people you've encountered that you just feel a bit dumber after you've talked to them, or the people who are in your circle or inner circle of friends who have no responsibility or accountability for themselves and YOU are the one they are always turning to, or using, to get them out of a situation.

The difference between helping a truly needy friend and constantly enabling a no-account (I had another example on the tip of my tongue, but have lost it).

2) I do not feel they are referring specifically to christians Stella. In my opinion only statement #9 does.

3) I don't know. Satanism does not.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 09:19:35 PM »
Good Post

Leaving aside the bullshit rituals you see on tv, satanism is really nothing more than existential utilitarianism and to me is more of a code of ethics(or lack thereof) than a religion

I would not disagree with this, humanism is probably a simpler term that more people would be able to understand.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 06:25:47 AM »
These are good questions DonkeyKong...

1) A psychic vampire can really be defined 2 ways "now". The past few years, the subculture of people who really believe they ARE vampiric, have broken this down into sanguinarius (blood needy) vampires and psi (or psychic) vampires, who feed off of the psychic energy of others.

I believe LaVey was referring to psychic vampires in the context of people who are a waste of your time, energy, thought process. You know the people you've encountered that you just feel a bit dumber after you've talked to them, or the people who are in your circle or inner circle of friends who have no responsibility or accountability for themselves and YOU are the one they are always turning to, or using, to get them out of a situation.

The difference between helping a truly needy friend and constantly enabling a no-account (I had another example on the tip of my tongue, but have lost it).

2) I do not feel they are referring specifically to christians Stella. In my opinion only statement #9 does.

3) I don't know. Satanism does not.

Thanks for all this info Count.

1)  Maybe I am confused but are you saying that Satanism itself does not recognize Satan as a real being?  If so, why do they choose to call it satanism instead of humanism?  (plus he is named in #9 of the statements)

2)  In #1 of the statements of Satanism, is there a stated "limit" to what self-indulgence is acceptable?  Such as "as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else?"  Or is "the sky the limit" meaning something like a secret adulterous affair is acceptable?
R

sandycoosworth

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 08:07:27 AM »
I would not disagree with this, humanism is probably a simpler term that more people would be able to understand.

Believe it or not I had no idea thats what humanism ment :-[

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 08:17:17 AM »

How does lying lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification? 

sandycoosworth

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 08:31:11 AM »
How does lying lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification? 

Your fat wife asks if she look fat. You lie and say she does not.

You feel good emotionally and mentally because you didnt hurt her feelings, and the blow job she gives you as a thankyou takes care of the physical ;)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 08:35:58 AM »
If Satan is King of Lies, wouldn't his book be lies.

Then if his book is lies, aren't you following deceit.
Satanists put their faith in lies.

How can Satanists figure out what to follow, if you can't discern the truth of your religion from the lies.
Z

sandycoosworth

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 08:43:52 AM »
Dont think of Satan as a being, thats the same type of childish thought process that leads to prayer, eating jesus crackers, fucking up this life for the next (which aint happening).

Think of Satan as a word to describe the points count laid out in his post.

Anyone who takes any book as "gospel" is a fucking idiot, the Satanic bible included.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 08:55:14 AM »
Then why write a book.

You believe in a concept based on deceit.

I can't trust what you say is true, since you are espousing the words of confirmed liar.

At least science is honest 1+1=2.

For satanists 1+1=3. There is no truth.
Z

sandycoosworth

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 10:46:39 AM »
1) I never said I was a Satanist or that I believe in anything

2) Satanism is much closer to science than any other belief structure I can think of because it concerns itself primarily with the temporal.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 08:48:31 PM »
Your fat wife asks if she look fat. You lie and say she does not.

You feel good emotionally and mentally because you didnt hurt her feelings, and the blow job she gives you as a thankyou takes care of the physical ;)

hahaha, good analogy   :D

beachbum, you never lied to someone, even trivial, as to spare their feelings, or make them feel better about themselves or a situation? I don't know if anyone hasn't, that would be the true find !

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 09:06:21 PM »
Thanks for all this info Count.

1)  Maybe I am confused but are you saying that Satanism itself does not recognize Satan as a real being?  If so, why do they choose to call it satanism instead of humanism?  (plus he is named in #9 of the statements)

2)  In #1 of the statements of Satanism, is there a stated "limit" to what self-indulgence is acceptable?  Such as "as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else?"  Or is "the sky the limit" meaning something like a secret adulterous affair is acceptable?

You're welcome Stella

1) Yes, that's what I'm saying. Satanism as a name, Satan as a figure and the associated symbolism were chosen for the ying/yang effect, for the impact. To christians, what is opposite God, Jesus? Satan, the anti-christ, right? So what would be opposite the christian belief system? Satanism.

In all of the statements, Satan is a representation of all of these things that christianity and christians rebuke. If someone represents all of the sins, they must certainly be influenced or possessed by the devil. I will say that I'm sure there are a significantly higher percentage of people who practice ritual magic that are satanists. But it is not the "Devil" that they are invoking.

2) A secret adulterous affair would most certainly not be a kind gesture to a s/o that has not hurt you in anyway and has given you their trust/love. (#4)  It would be cast in a negative light for sure. Let's compare a christian couple and a satanic couple. A satanic couple who entered into a relationship with the understanding that they can be intimate with whomever they choose, or a specific other person, would not be frowned upon in anyway and be supported 100%.

Now what would happen to a christian couple (or at least they perceived themselves as christian) whom people found out had a couple or a few partners, even though both parties were aware and entered into the relationship accepting of that.
They would be ostracized and reviled most certainly.

The sky would be the limit on self gratification, if it hurt someone else that you loved then it would not be acceptable. I'm pretty sure there is no more "cheating" in a satanic couples lifestyle than a christians. Similar odds I would suspect. Is there more swinger type lifestyles, probably so, though christians do this, they just tend to keep it quiet.    :D

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 09:08:25 PM »
Believe it or not I had no idea thats what humanism ment :-[

You made a good call on it though.   :)

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 09:10:12 PM »
If Satan is King of Lies, wouldn't his book be lies.

Then if his book is lies, aren't you following deceit.
Satanists put their faith in lies.

How can Satanists figure out what to follow, if you can't discern the truth of your religion from the lies.

Joker, you are looking at everything from a christians perspective of Satan. Look at Satan from the perspective
that he represents the 9 statements I listed.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 09:16:04 PM »
Anyone who takes any book as "gospel" is a fucking idiot, the Satanic bible included.

Exactly.

The satanic bible is a must read, because it opens up your thought process. It is not
scripture.

Christians fail because ultimately no one can lead a true christian lifestyle as spelled out
in the good book. Of course they are forgived of all sins, if they've accepted jesus as their
lord and saviour.

The problem with this, is that todays christians interpret this as do whatever you please,
because you are forgiven in the end.

I have no problem in saying that probably 2/3 of christians actually adhere to a more stringent
following of LaVey's book as they do the bible. Probably a conservative estimate to!