Author Topic: recurrent shoulder injury need help!!!  (Read 2656 times)

bigguns175

• Getbig II
recurrent shoulder injury need help!!!
« on: November 20, 2006, 09:18:11 AM »
Hey, ok I have had a shoulder problem for last 3 years when i initially injured it lifting too much and playing basketball(long story).  Anyways,  been to doctors, orthopedics etc... they won't do anything, x-rays say there is no problems, most likely weak tendons or damage to connective tissue...  Well I broke my hand and didn't do any shoulder lifting for over 3 months and miracously my shoulder seemed to repair itself, and I was having no problems for the last 5-6 months, but I was sick of lifting the same weights and decided I needed to start forging forward and I increased the weights I was lifting and then snap my shoulder went.  I normally 1 RM 400 on bench and the other day i tryed just using 50 pd dumbbells to warm up and the shoulder was so weak and in discomfort. 

MY question is, any suggestions on rehabing it faster than 4 months off?  Think I should just take 3 weeks off of just chest or all shoulder related lifts?  Or is it possible if the shoulder is up to it work it light? 
I'm doing rotator cup exercises eod and trying to strech it good.

Also,  what is your opinions on ever being able to lift heavy and get big?  If every time I try to increase my weight on bench or military press my shoulder goes out how am I supposed to get bigger and compete...  Is it a useless battle to try and fight this.?

Knooger

• Getbig V
Re: recurrent shoulder injury need help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 01:26:18 PM »
Don't go to Medford's doctor if you're hoping for Vicodin.

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 05:00:59 PM »
Hey, ok I have had a shoulder problem for last 3 years when i initially injured it lifting too much and playing basketball(long story).  Anyways,  been to doctors, orthopedics etc... they won't do anything, x-rays say there is no problems, most likely weak tendons or damage to connective tissue...  Well I broke my hand and didn't do any shoulder lifting for over 3 months and miracously my shoulder seemed to repair itself, and I was having no problems for the last 5-6 months, but I was sick of lifting the same weights and decided I needed to start forging forward and I increased the weights I was lifting and then snap my shoulder went.  I normally 1 RM 400 on bench and the other day i tryed just using 50 pd dumbbells to warm up and the shoulder was so weak and in discomfort. 

MY question is, any suggestions on rehabing it faster than 4 months off?  Think I should just take 3 weeks off of just chest or all shoulder related lifts?  Or is it possible if the shoulder is up to it work it light? 
I'm doing rotator cup exercises eod and trying to strech it good.

Also,  what is your opinions on ever being able to lift heavy and get big?  If every time I try to increase my weight on bench or military press my shoulder goes out how am I supposed to get bigger and compete...  Is it a useless battle to try and fight this.?

have you considered that it might be a nerve issue, hence why you get weak and there is nothing on your scans. Also I can think that reaching upwards constantly especially if you are stretching would aggravate a nerve pain. Maybe I just think that everybody has what I did, but it sounds like a possible nerve issue to me.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 03:50:34 PM »
Don't go to Medford's doctor if you're hoping for Vicodin.

HA AHA HA That is damn straight!! All I got was crappy ulantrums!  >:(
X

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 10:33:46 PM »
Did your doctor tell you to stretch the shoulder joint? He should be shot! Always warm up with a theraband doing outward rotations, then the 90 degree rotations, then find some 2lb dumbells to do some "full beer cans" (holding them like you would a full beer can) as you do the lateral raise. Always do these before any upper body lift. I know they work. I had dislocated a shoulder in an accident in the gym which was not my fault. Came back after 3 months of rehab and set 3 state records and a world record in a powerlifting meet. Not bad for a bodybuilder...Just take it easy and don't lift anything too heavy while you heal. I know it's easy to say but hard to do. Good luck with your shoulder.