Author Topic: Killing  (Read 2552 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Killing
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:41:39 PM »
Why do Christians believe abortion is wrong but believe in the death penalty?  Seems contradictory.

I believe abortion (at least when it's a fetus) and death penalty are both wrong.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: Killing
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 10:45:53 PM »

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 12:01:26 AM »
if you believe abortion and death penalty are wrong, then thats cool. i can understand why people are against the death penalty. i cannot understand why someone is pro abortion. the worst are people who are anti war but pro abortion. America has lost 589 soldiers in the first year of fighting in the Iraq War.  The world, however, kills more people than that in just 6 minutes through abortions.

with the death penalty it is believed that when you take anothers life, you have given up your god given rights. i personally dont have a stance on the death penalty. but i dont plan on killing anyone anytime soon so i have anything to worry about

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 12:09:13 AM »
 I don't think that anybody can truly call them self a "pro abortionist". That's just barbaric.....I mean nobody WANTS all of these millions of unborn babies to die......
Cam ad mi

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 12:14:02 AM »
I don't think that anybody can truly call them self a "pro abortionist". That's just barbaric.....I mean nobody WANTS all of these millions of unborn babies to die......

I'm not so sure.  Pro choice advocates celebrate abortion.  They have an annual party celebrating the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.  It's cast in terms of "the woman's right to choose," which I believe is semantics.  I find it all quite morbid. 

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 12:38:23 AM »
I'm not so sure.  Pro choice advocates celebrate abortion.  They have an annual party celebrating the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.  It's cast in terms of "the woman's right to choose," which I believe is semantics.  I find it all quite morbid. 

i have a pamphlet at home (i'll have to find it) with the story of  Jane Roe and how she regrets having the abortion.

W

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 01:55:59 AM »
Why do Christians believe abortion is wrong but believe in the death penalty?  Seems contradictory.

I believe abortion (at least when it's a fetus) and death penalty are both wrong.

in which part of the world christians believe that`? TEXAS?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 03:07:58 AM »
I'm pretty sure there are lots of christians who don't believe in the death penalty. What about all those people you see holding candlelit vigils outside the penetentiaries whenever they're about to fry some "innocent" murderer?

Alos, I can see why someone would be pro-abortion - what if it was a woman who was pregnant by her rapist? Don't you think she'd want to get rid of it then? Even if she was against abortion to begin with? A woman should have the right to choose.

body88

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 06:18:14 AM »
The best part about some Christians is there selective practices when it comes to sex out of wedlock. I would bet almost none of the Christians on here waited until marriage to have sex. I was always critical of that in college.Drunk sex on sat night is ok as long as the girl went to church once a year ::) How can a person be selectively Christian? That is hypocritical.

body88

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 06:59:05 AM »
Why do liberals believe the opposite?  The child had no chance for life, the scumbag who killed did....end of story.

To bad it does not end there. Some conservatives want abortion to be banned. So if a young girl gets raped she is forced to have the child? It is the womens choice until a certain point. How about brith control? Should that be banned?

body88

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 07:03:20 AM »
Women being raped is the only legitimate use besides saving her life.  They should have to report rape immediately to the police and document it to get an abortion.  Rape kits go real quick from what I understand.  None of this hiding it and then having a secret abortion.  That's my stance.

I respect it. I do not think a woman should be able to abuse the right to abort a baby. Christ, you know some will. But I also do not think a woman should not get a period of time to make a choice. I think fair regulation is the answer. But that will never happen since both sides want a mile instead of an inch.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 08:21:43 AM »
What about a man's right, or a parent's? 

Lets say 2 idiots get together, they are in their late teens and have completely irresponsible, drunken or drug induced sex that is consentual.  Now she is pregnant and they both are still in school and living with their parents.  Neither one of them is capable of raising a child, in fact they are still practically children themselves.  Why should they not have the option to abort a potentially catastrophic financial event that will not only hamper both of their lives, but also the life of the child? 
BKS - Guardian of Truth

body88

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 09:12:27 AM »

Lets say 2 idiots get together, they are in their late teens and have completely irresponsible, drunken or drug induced sex that is consentual.  Now she is pregnant and they both are still in school and living with their parents.  Neither one of them is capable of raising a child, in fact they are still practically children themselves.  Why should they not have the option to abort a potentially catastrophic financial event that will not only hamper both of their lives, but also the life of the child? 

They should have this option. It is a valid point. It is a great point actually. There just needs to be regulations in place to prevent people from abusing the right. Also to prevent aborting a fetus much to late.

The religious freaks wont ever accept it in any form. The second egg touches sperm you are considered a murderer if you abort. Hell these are the same people who don't believe in condoms ::) You cannot reason with them.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 09:27:49 AM »

adoption. an abortion is an awful operation that will harm you physically for the rest of your life. plus what would happen when these teens get older and the realize they took a human life. what if they regret it. with adoption there are no regrets

body88

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 09:31:54 AM »
Not everyone thnks the way you do. You are not having the baby she is. You have no right to tell her to put her baby up for adoption or not. You have no right to say anything really. You have an opinion. Not a right to tell someone how to live there life.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 09:39:25 AM »
thats such bullshit. could my parents come over right now and kill me? or would that be murder?

if a mother has a child then 2 minutes after birth she kills the baby. is that murder?

a baby is fully developed only 2 weeks after conseption. usually the time you realize your pregnant. at this time the baby will have arms, legs, a head, everything. now how is that not murder?

if you kill a pregnant woman its a double homicide. you can justify killing a baby when its inside of you, but once its born its not? the woman has the right to choose my ass

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 09:42:13 AM »
The issue is a woman's right to choose whether or not to kill her baby. 

body88

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 09:43:35 AM »
thats such bullshit. could my parents come over right now and kill me? or would that be murder?

if a mother has a child then 2 minutes after birth she kills the baby. is that murder?

a baby is fully developed only 2 weeks after conseption. usually the time you realize your pregnant. at this time the baby will have arms, legs, a head, everything. now how is that not murder?

if you kill a pregnant woman its a double homicide. you can justify killing a baby when its inside of you, but once its born its not? the woman has the right to choose my ass

Yes lets compare abortion of a fetus to the murder of a living ,breathing,thinking human. No point in arguing with you. You are obv a lunatic. Go blow up a abortion clinic.

body88

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 09:46:14 AM »
The issue is a woman's right to choose whether or not to kill her baby. 

Make it sound dramatic and evil to push your point.

How about the issue is about a woman having her rights to choose stripped away.  Having to bear a child she cannot afford and love. A child that will grow up in the clutches of abusive and hopeless foster care. Disadvantaged and cast away from day one.

much more dramatic

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 09:51:45 AM »

Make it sound dramatic and evil to push your point.

How about the issue is about a woman having her rights to choose stripped away.  Having to bear a child she cannot afford and love. A child that will grow up in the clutches of abusive and hopeless foster care. Disadvantaged and cast away from day one.

much more dramatic

Hey here's a thought:  don't get pregnant if you don't want a baby.  Some women don't have a choice (rape, incest), but the overwhelming majority of abortions don't fall under that category. 

What pro choice people do is dehumanize the baby and avoid the tough issue of the unborn child's life.  For example, I have never heard a pregnant woman (including my wife) refer to her baby as a "fetus." 

There are at least three crucial parts of this abortion mess:  the woman, the baby, and the father.  What most people do is latch onto one aspect and minimize the rest.  You cannot ignore the unborn child's life, just like you cannot ignore the woman's bodily integrity issue.   

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 09:52:50 AM »
Abortion isn't murder.
If you believe it is then any use of Birth control should be construed as murder as well. Since both sperm and eggs are living beings.

It is always nice to see men argue about abortion, since they don't have to carry a fetus or live with consequences of choice.

Ban abortion and it will go underground again and women will die,now that is a good option. ::)
Z

body88

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 09:55:16 AM »
Hey here's a thought:  don't get pregnant if you don't want a baby.  Some women don't have a choice (rape, incest), but the overwhelming majority of abortions don't fall under that category. 

What pro choice people do is dehumanize the baby and avoid the tough issue of the unborn child's life.  For example, I have never heard a pregnant woman (including my wife) refer to her baby as a "fetus." 

There are at least three crucial parts of this abortion mess:  the woman, the baby, and the father.  What most people do is latch onto one aspect and minimize the rest.  You cannot ignore the unborn child's life, just like you cannot ignore the woman's bodily integrity issue.   

You can also not ignore it is human nature to have sex. Accidents happen. Condems break. Women are raped. Girls are drugged. It is so much more complicated than what you say.

body88

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 09:55:56 AM »
Abortion isn't murder.
If you believe it is then any use of Birth control should be construed as murder as well. Since both sperm and eggs are living beings.

It is always nice to see men argue about abortion, since they don't have to carry a fetus or live with consequences of choice.

Ban abortion and it will go underground again and women will die,now that is a good option. ::)

Exactly.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 10:03:04 AM »

You can also not ignore it is human nature to have sex. Accidents happen. Condems break. Women are raped. Girls are drugged. It is so much more complicated than what you say.

Not ignoring that at all, but if you have consensual sex, one of the possible results is a baby.  No such thing as an accidental pregnancy if the participants aren't using birth control.  And yes, there are unplanned pregnancies, like my youngest little angel.  My wife was on depo provera.  Supposedly 99 percent effective.  A woman is not supposed to be able to get pregnant for up to a year after she STOPS taking the shot.  Surprise!   :) 

Rape is a legitimate issue.  So is incest.  I've already conceded those points.  What I'm talking about is framing the issues and how people tend to ignore parts of the abortion issue that they find uncomfortable.   

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 10:05:31 AM »
i think it's okay in the early stages