Author Topic: fell off the deck  (Read 4940 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
fell off the deck
« on: November 22, 2006, 08:29:12 PM »
and "popped" my ankle. ::)  I heard a LOUD pop.  Fell down and laid in the rocks in some pain.  After only about 2 minutes though, the pain was OK enough that I could stand up.  4 hours later (now) it's pretty painful.

The swelling on the outside is only about golf-ball size, but the pain is also spreading across my arch and coming up the other side (inseam side) of my foot and leg. :'(

Any suggestions other than RICE?

R

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: fell off the deck
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 10:21:09 PM »
and "popped" my ankle. ::)  I heard a LOUD pop.  Fell down and laid in the rocks in some pain.  After only about 2 minutes though, the pain was OK enough that I could stand up.  4 hours later (now) it's pretty painful.

The swelling on the outside is only about golf-ball size, but the pain is also spreading across my arch and coming up the other side (inseam side) of my foot and leg. :'(

Any suggestions other than RICE?

Yeah...see a doctor.

Psychophysio

• Getbig III
  • Worthless
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 11:54:45 PM »
Good sign that you could walk - means it is probably not broken. Worth seeing a good physio though as you will need a good bit of rehab by the sounds to get back into things. It might be worth going to the doc as well just to exclude an avulsion fracture as you heard a loud pop. Rehab it well and don't do silly stuff as ankles can be ongoing - I did mine nearly 3 years ago and still have trouble with it - tore one ligament and sprained the other 3 and eventually had some surgery to clean out some bone chips from it.

Rice is a good place to start though :)
The jungle of the senses.

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 05:37:41 AM »
you definitely need a good foot rub by the slippster ;)
X Board. Integrity is what we do

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 08:18:05 AM »
Thanks for the info......everyone  :)
R