Author Topic: Veil Teacher Sacked  (Read 6987 times)

Diesel1

• Getbig V
Veil Teacher Sacked
« on: November 24, 2006, 03:21:40 AM »
It would be great news only you just know that she'll get a massive compo payment for this infringement of her 'civil rights'

'Veil Row' Teacher Sacked
Updated: 11:07, Friday November 24, 2006

A Muslim teaching assistant who was suspended for refusing to take off her veil in class has been sacked by the school, Sky sources say.

Aishah Azmi, 24, had lost her case for discrimination and harrassment at an employment tribunal last month.

But the tribunal found that she had been victimised by the school in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire and awarded her £1,000 for "injury to feelings".

Headfield Church of England Junior school had given her permission to wear the veil in corridors and the staff room but told to take it off when in class.

She was suspended on full pay earlier this year by Kirklees Council.

Mrs Azmi said she was willing to remove her veil in front of children - but not when male colleagues were present.

Her case sparked a national debate on multiculturalism in Britain.

More follows...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1241872,00.html

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Veil Teacher Sacked
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 04:04:51 AM »
Look at the state of her...

amc seems to believe that shit is acceptable in British society :o :( >:(

Thank fuck anyhow, they've done the RIGHT thing.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 05:06:07 AM »
I can have as much of my face covered wearing a full beard, cap and sunglasses, hell that's how half of wyoming looks in the winter anyway, no big brother motherfuckers telling people to show their faces there... That would go over real well... I don't like the veils, but this isn't fucking freedom. Yea Islam is a crime against freedom but being free comes with making bad and good choices... Isn't that what Donald Rumsfeld said once ::) This isn't freedom, it's pissy british spy cam centers pissed that they can't get an id on the black sheet walking down the street. If the bitch want's to cover her face, it's stupid but let her, it's none of your goddamned fucking business you commie fucks.  Yea I know what you're going to say Nordic you fucking homo twit, save it, I don't give the slightest rats ass what you think.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 05:28:54 AM »
I can have as much of my face covered wearing a full beard, cap and sunglasses, hell that's how half of wyoming looks in the winter anyway, no big brother motherfuckers telling people to show their faces there... That would go over real well... I don't like the veils, but this isn't fucking freedom. Yea Islam is a crime against freedom but being free comes with making bad and good choices... Isn't that what Donald Rumsfeld said once ::) This isn't freedom, it's pissy british spy cam centers pissed that they can't get an id on the black sheet walking down the street. If the bitch want's to cover her face, it's stupid but let her, it's none of your goddamned fucking business you commie fucks.  Yea I know what you're going to say Nordic you fucking homo twit, save it, I don't give the slightest rats ass what you think.

meltdown
It hasn't helped...

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 05:46:48 AM »
I'm glad she got sacked. I'm all for diversity in society but her arrogance is beyond belief.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 06:00:27 AM »
meltdown
Glad you liked it 8) It was at least a 2.5 on my meltdown scale to 10 ;D 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 07:29:13 AM »

Nah, bro. This shit is getting out of hand. If the school has a rule that forbids the wearing of burkas then she has to comply. And I fail to see how any rational person can say this infringes upon her civil rights.

I'm a libertarian and all, but I don't like being for someone's rights at the expense of others. This bitch shouldn't be going around like Darth Vader, soon she'll demand a red glow dager from a Sikh to can be a Sith Master.  ::)

These people purposely don't want to integrate.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 07:52:30 AM »
Nah, bro. This shit is getting out of hand. If the school has a rule that forbids the wearing of burkas then she has to comply. And I fail to see how any rational person can say this infringes upon her civil rights.

I'm a libertarian and all, but I don't like being for someone's rights at the expense of others. This bitch shouldn't be going around like Darth Vader, soon she'll demand a red glow dager from a Sikh to can be a Sith Master.  ::)

Sorry I was not more clear, I had in mind with my comments the larger debate over the drive to have the things banned entirely and should have been specific.  No I don't disagree with an asshole employers right to be the usual prick, I personally disagree but it is their right.  It does remind me of the only time I've ever been impressed with Walmart, there lives a family of wizards in Wyoming, the father is Gandalf... Looks the part exactly, Walmart hired him and did not require that he dress normally... So it was cool, you'd go into Walmart to pick up something and Gandalf would be stocking shelves ;D  Conformity is piss.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 08:21:49 AM »

Bravo!

Berserker, you suck!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 11:06:35 AM »
Look at the state of her...

amc seems to believe that shit is acceptable in British society :o :( >:(

Thank f**k anyhow, they've done the RIGHT thing.

I agree, she should remove the veil when teaching and in situations where a visual identification of her face is needed.

But, if in her spare-time she wants to walk around looking like Satan's postbox, so be it. I fail to see how this is going to cause the fabric of society to unravel.

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 11:11:11 AM »
I agree, she should remove the veil when teaching and in situations where a visual identification of her face is needed.

But, if in her spare-time she wants to walk around looking like Satan's postbox, so be it. I fail to see how this is going to cause the fabric of society to unravel.

Christ, I'm starting to sound like Berserker! :o

I'll have to go and post some insensitive comments in the dead grandma thread. :)

body88

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 11:12:14 AM »
I always wondered..... Don't Muslims sitting in a house, in the middle of a place hotter than the sun get uncomfortable wearing a cloth suit from head to toe ???

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 12:18:09 PM »

It's an affront to any civilized, westernized woman to have to see other women walking down the street in their slave-wear. Western women fought too long and hard for their rights to get on that bus driving backwards. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 12:58:26 PM »
It's an affront to any civilized, westernized woman to have to see other women walking down the street in their slave-wear. Western women fought too long and hard for their rights to get on that bus driving backwards. 
who gives a shit... an affront to you ::)  who the fuck is asking you to put on a veil?  If they want to wear it, whatthefuckever.  I'm all for woman's liberation, but not the Nazi dike bitches that insist all women conform to their way or the highway.  I heard the same said of women who want to have a family and be a housewife, the same driving backwards bullshit... newsflash, it's freedom, what you're advocating is not.  They need to leave by choice, not by edict... Like marching into Iraq and telling them they have to have democracy, that's working really well.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »
who gives a shit... an affront to you ::)  who the f**k is asking you to put on a veil?  If they want to wear it, whatthefuckever.  I'm all for woman's liberation, but not the Nazi dike bitches that insist all women conform to their way or the highway.  I heard the same said of women who want to have a family and be a housewife, the same driving backwards bullshit... newsflash, it's freedom, what you're advocating is not.  They need to leave by choice, not by edict... Like marching into Iraq and telling them they have to have democracy, that's working really well.

You're totally missing the point and it has nothing to do with Nazi dyke bitches screaming shrill slogans... and it certainly isn't comparable in the slightest to women wanting to stay home and have children. If it's religious freedom you're advocating, then why can't arab men living in the UK take 15 wives if they want to? Why is it still against the law for those whose custom it is to circumcize their girls?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 01:06:46 PM »

That's the problem, guys like Nordic want the thing banned everywhere, not just in the workplace.

In the UK, you can look like this and Intenseone wouldn't remember this but Rush once wanted people banned who look like this.  I don't like these loud mouther shitbags either, but it's freedom.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 01:09:56 PM »
That's the problem, guys like Nordic want the thing banned everywhere, not just in the workplace.

In the UK, you can look like this and Intenseone wouldn't remember this but Rush once wanted people banned who look like this.  I don't like these loud mouther shitbags either, but it's freedom.

Yep, gotta love all those freedoms Islamic women enjoy.... lol. Those sackcloths they're made to wear, are overt signs of slavery... why it doesn't disgust you that women, or anyone for that matter, should be the property of another is sad.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 01:15:46 PM »
You're totally missing the point and it has nothing to do with Nazi dyke bitches screaming shrill slogans... and it certainly isn't comparable in the slightest to women wanting to stay home and have children. If it's religious freedom you're advocating, then why can't arab men living in the UK take 15 wives if they want to? Why is it still against the law for those whose custom it is to circumcize their girls?
No you're missing the point... having 15 wives is illegal.  Wearing a fucking veil is not unless they make it illegal.  You may not like the goddamned thing but that's too fucking bad.  Their right to be wrong is more important than your being "affronted"  I'm advocating freedom, you are advocating conformity.  You are advocating slavery.

Yep, gotta love all those freedoms Islamic women enjoy.... lol. Those sackcloths they're made to wear, are overt signs of slavery... why it doesn't disgust you that women, or anyone for that matter, should be the property of another is sad.
Up yours... You obviously can't fucking read because I SAID I DON'T AGREE WITH ISLAM OR THE FUCKING VEILS...  again, They need to leave by choice, not by edict.  If it's not hurting you, that's just the fuckin bullet you have to bite for freedom you commie bitch.

Deedee, maybe next time you can use the standard repuke line and say some shit like, "if you let them do one thing, they'll be marrying their dogs next and you don't want people marrying their dogs do you"  ::)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 02:01:19 PM »
3 posts in a row?

You my friend, are one sad excuse for a human existance.

End it...

End it...

End it...
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 02:33:02 PM »
No you're missing the point... having 15 wives is illegal.  Wearing a fucking veil is not unless they make it illegal.  You may not like the goddamned thing but that's too fucking bad.  Their right to be wrong is more important than your being "affronted"  I'm advocating freedom, you are advocating conformity.  You are advocating slavery.
Up yours... You obviously can't fucking read because I SAID I DON'T AGREE WITH ISLAM OR THE FUCKING VEILS...  again, They need to leave by choice, not by edict.  If it's not hurting you, that's just the fuckin bullet you have to bite for freedom you commie bitch.

Deedee, maybe next time you can use the standard repuke line and say some shit like, "if you let them do one thing, they'll be marrying their dogs next and you don't want people marrying their dogs do you"  ::)

I'm not a commie bitch... and I sure as hell am not a repuke. I'm about as liberal as they come, no matter what you call me.

Whose right to choose?  The women wearing the veils? THEY aren't choosing to wear them...it's all too complicated to get into here on a message board, but you've obviously never spoken to anyone living under "a veil" of any kind. If you thought about the question in terms of basic human rights, how can you make an argument?  And, if you ever get a chance or are so inclined, you might want to pick up The Swallows of Kabul by Yasmina Kahdra, or The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini, or even anything by Jhumpa Lahiri.  It might open your eyes a little.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 02:33:29 PM »
I believe that if she is willing to remove the veil in front of children, then I don't see what the big deal is. I hardly doubt it is necessary for her to reveal her face infront of a male colleague, however, I believe that is a risk she runs if she wants to teach. A male colleague may walk into the room, ...in which case tough cookies, ...however, ...I can see it being viewed as similar to a male colleague walking into a female dressing room. It can lead to all sorts of complications and counter-productive situations.

I'm not for making the veil illegal. While I consider it repressive, ...I know for many women especially those living in Western societies, it IS a personal choice. To call it a form of slavery... nah, ...in countries where it is mandated yes it is a form of slavery and oppression of women, ...however those who choose it freely have the right to that choice.

Just as the western woman who adheres to the notion that it is inappropriate to ever correct a man, or to best him in any way... so too are they slaves to a different sort of historical oppression, ...and who are we to demand a woman not throw a game of chess in order to blast some outmoded myth. We see it all the time, our culture dictates that women play nice, suck up to, and defer to men...and many of us do it. How is that NOT another form of cultural repression of women? C'mon DeeDee, don't tell me you haven't been there? Defered to a man, let him walk away thinking he's so smart, ...while laughing under yourbreath the whole time?  I say let each woman have her choice. Just like stay at home moms shouldn't have the right to dictate women not be allowed into the workforce, so to should career women not look down on those who choose otherwise for themselves, ...and we cannot dictate a woman reveal her body parts to strangers, even if we ourselfs consider those body parts to be benign.

And what I find most offensive about the article was the last sentence that Deisel thoughtfully chose to omit:

The Prime Minister said the headwear was a "mark of separation" which makes people of other ethnic backgrounds feel uncomfortable.

That's simply the height of arrogance imo. I'm sure many who wear the veil are uncomfortable if not downright scandalized by the Britney Spears & Baby Spice wannabees who run around with their buttocks hanging out, midriffs bared, and bellybutton rings, ...but who the F are they to say anything about it? Personal freedom without infringing on or imposing upon another is the ideal I endorse.

Who knows, over time she may have developed a level of comfort and familiarity with her colleagues to such an extent that having them see her face woould no longer be an issue, ...but I doubt we're gonna find that out now since she's gone.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 02:45:08 PM »
DeeDee, I understand the argument you are making, but much like the prisoner who has spent his entire life in jail and knows not how to function on the outside, ...the solution is the half-way house that gently exposes and brings them up to speed and empowers them to live a productive, self-sufficient, law-abiding life outside of jail.

Those who have just come off doing a 20 yr stretch to a society that looks nothing like what they knew when they first entered prison, are gonna have a recidivism rate off the chart. They don't know how to function, so they seek out the safe haven of the prison cell, and the prison society within which they are better equipped to function.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 02:49:10 PM »
The Prime Minister said the headwear was a "mark of separation" which makes people of other ethnic backgrounds feel uncomfortable.

Yea, fuck this... Stop and think what all this can be applied to... No fucking thanks... Keep it England.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 02:50:08 PM »
I'm not for making the veil illegal. While I consider it repressive, ...I know for many women especially those living in Western societies, it IS a personal choice. To call it a form of slavery... nah, ...in countries where it is mandated yes it is a form of slavery and oppression of women, ...however those who choose it freely have the right to that choice.

Just as the western woman who adheres to the notion that it is inappropriate to ever correct a man, or to best him in any way... so too are they slaves to a different sort of historical oppression, ...and who are we to demand a woman not throw a game of chess in order to blast some outmoded myth. We see it all the time, our culture dictates that women play nice, suck up to, and defer to men...and many of us do it. How is that NOT another form of cultural repression of women? C'mon DeeDee, don't tell me you haven't been there? Defered to a man, let him walk away thinking he's so smart, ...while laughing under yourbreath the whole time?  I say let each woman have her choice. Just like stay at home moms shouldn't have the right to dictate women not be allowed into the workforce, so to should career women not look down on those who choose otherwise for themselves, ...and we cannot dictate a woman reveal her body parts to strangers, even if we ourselfs consider those body parts to be benign.

Yeah, Judi, I choose my arguments... sometimes I defer, sometimes I don't.  That's my choice though, and I have it. I can also choose to wear pink or purple tomorrow. I don't have to live under some black shroud that hampers my every movement and disallows me from doing anything physical... and, If I feel like saying "fu*k you" I can, and have. These women don't have a choice.  I always love it when people make the assumption that all women under the veil choose to be there. And really, to say, oh well, so they can leave then... honestly, when you have no education, are cut off from the mainstream of society, have no means of economic survival... what choice do you have there either? Just look at some of the mormon sects in Utah. How many escapees/women who have been interviewed said it took them years to leave, simply because they couldn't imagine living cut off from their only sense of community. And quite frankly, I think you say what you say from the comfort of your Toronto living room where, when you see the odd burka walking in the street below, you feel magnanimous to the anomoly. Try walking around streets where your way of life is an anomoly, and YOU are the one who is disdained... and I'm not talking about Morrocco either.

ps I wrote this before your last response, but I find your last post naive too.

TimmyToughNuts

• Getbig II
  • Eugene has found a home
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 02:53:06 PM »
Hear hear

someone tell my why this lady is dressed like a haz mat worker

Cheers