Author Topic: What is your favorite type of architecture or home?  (Read 3215 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: What is your favorite type of architecture or home?
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 09:01:58 PM »
Check out some of these hgtv dream homes
You can take 360 degree tours of each house.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dream_home

Berserker, ...are you being naughty again? ???
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »
Berserker, ...are you being naughty again? ???
No goddamnit, >:( it's not a nudie :P  You can safely click the link and check out the hgtv homes.  last year's was awesome, they're all pretty good, I'd be happy as f**k in any of them.  This year's is in Colorado, so I'm going to break into the hgtv headquarters the night of the drawing and rig the fuggin results ;D

Note to future: Don't send Jag Nudie pics, she's not a lesbo.... dammit dammit dammit >:(

LOL ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 09:25:36 PM »
$1.2 milliion dollar dreamhouse:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9870962/

SONOFABITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( I REALLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYHATE FUCKERS LIKE THIS GODDAMNIT FUCKER FUCKER FUCKER >:(

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 09:29:38 PM »
SONOFABITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( I REALLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYHATE FUCKERS LIKE THIS GODDAMNIT FUCKER FUCKER FUCKER >:(

Because your real name is Manuel and that's the casa you grew up in?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2006, 09:33:53 PM »
Because your real name is Manuel and that's the casa you grew up in?
No, Chavez treats his sons better than that ;) we all have shares in Venezuela's oil.  but uncle Castro was a cheap bastard who only sent a lousy 2 peso bill each year for my birthday :P

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2006, 09:38:06 PM »
No, Chavez treats his sons better than that ;) we all have shares in Venezuela's oil.  but uncle Castro was a cheap bastard who only sent a lousy 2 peso bill each year for my birthday :P

LMAO..Hahahahahahah!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2006, 09:39:31 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2006, 09:39:40 PM »
LMAO..Hahahahahahah!
I thought you'd like that ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2006, 09:40:42 PM »
That's a hell of a jump up from your bowflexBDSM dungeon ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2006, 11:34:37 PM »
My Gf's parents have a large log cabin near Branson MO on a lake. They had alot of the log cabin mags so i flipped through. If u can find the land thats the way to go, depending on where u are in the States. I think thats what i'm going to do when I retire.

My brother has a log cabin in Utah.  I've never been, but he goes there all the time. 

sandycoosworth

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2006, 11:45:11 PM »
I want a castle

In the Sky

Oh tell me why !

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 12:11:03 AM »
No goddamnit, >:( it's not a nudie :P  You can safely click the link and check out the hgtv homes.  last year's was awesome, they're all pretty good, I'd be happy as f**k in any of them.  This year's is in Colorado, so I'm going to break into the hgtv headquarters the night of the drawing and rig the fuggin results ;D

Note to future: Don't send Jag Nudie pics, she's not a lesbo.... dammit dammit dammit >:(

LOL ;D

{ROTFLMAO}  I know it wasn't a nudie! I actually completely forgot about that too  :D

I'm familiar with the sight, infact one of my cousins Fred had his home profiled on the show a few years back

It was the culmination of what our family jokingly refers to as Frederick's folly, ...for a while we really weren't sure which, his folly, or his labour of love. He bought a turn-of-the-century mansion, and lovingly restored it himself ...piece by piece. Matched tiles, flooring the whole nine yards. The DIY project took him over 10 yrs to complete, and he kept pouring more and more money into it the whole time. But, when he was done, HGTV featured it on their program.
w

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 06:50:58 AM »
Usually my taste a more traditional, but I really like this house that I saw on a programme called Grand Designs. It's built on the edge of a secluded Scottish loch. No fucking neighbours  8)

I like the staircase. You can't tell from this pic but the steps are made of glass

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2006, 07:07:55 AM »
Diesel, I like the spaciousness of that one, ...but for some reason it doesn't strike me as very warm.
It reminds me more of a house, rather than a home.  :-\
w

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2006, 07:19:12 AM »
Diesel, I like the spaciousness of that one, ...but for some reason it doesn't strike me as very warm.
It reminds me more of a house, rather than a home.  :-\

I know what you mean. That seems to be the problem with modern houses, they just don't seem lived in if you know what I mean. The thing I like about this house is it's location and the huge windows, which lets in all that natural light, and what you can't see from the pics is the spectacular views over the Loch and of the Scottish Highlands

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2006, 08:47:22 AM »
I know what you mean. That seems to be the problem with modern houses, they just don't seem lived in if you know what I mean. The thing I like about this house is it's location and the huge windows, which lets in all that natural light, and what you can't see from the pics is the spectacular views over the Loch and of the Scottish Highlands

Location, location, location. This house is in Scotland, which means about 10 nice sunny days a year and about 300 dreary ones, as typified in the first pic.

Also, some modernist homes are able to mitigate against the sterility of the layouts through the use of various design devices.

As well, these places look better when looking lived in, before the photographers hide everyday items out of sight for the pics.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2006, 12:23:42 PM »
I recently watched the Travel Channel which I love and they had a show on awesome Log Cabins.  Man there are some of the best homes around.  Just beautiful.  I love cabins and the mountains.  We had one when I was a kid in Running Springs, CA.  I love the mountains.  I like southwestern style homes too. 

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2006, 01:09:04 PM »
Usually my taste a more traditional, but I really like this house that I saw on a programme called Grand Designs. It's built on the edge of a secluded Scottish loch. No fucking neighbours  8)

I like the staircase. You can't tell from this pic but the steps are made of glass

that's a beautiful house, but not a home.  it doesnt have that comfortable/homey feeling.

body88

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2006, 01:49:58 PM »
Love the houses diesel and pumpster posted. Modern  ;D