Author Topic: Who rocked the most?  (Read 5210 times)

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
Re: Who rocked the most?
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2006, 11:27:25 AM »
I am the guy of 80s and crazy for Van Halen and Toto and symphonic rock like Asia,Yes..etc.
And me my self,played in band for 5 years. I loved rock but,again,THIS IS A BBING BOARD!!
Go fuck yourself, bloody g**k.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2006, 11:32:39 AM »
you should post on shadows male worship threads.

I posted this thread, as i knew there were a lot of 80's rock fans here like myself.

No rock on, or fuckoff.

I was a teenager during the 80s, so I am very interested in this post, but I do prefer today's alternative rock over anything they had in the 80s.  The 80s were probably the worse decade of music in our lifespan's.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2006, 12:58:42 PM »
Maiden = cooler than hell.

Steve Harris and Bruce "teh air ride siren" Dickinson = master pimps of epic proportions.

I just listened to "Flight of Icaris". Love that song.
The House that Ruth built

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »
I was a teenager during the 80s, so I am very interested in this post, but I do prefer today's alternative rock over anything they had in the 80s.  The 80s were probably the worse decade of music in our lifespan's.

dude, the 80's was all about rock excess.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2006, 03:56:01 PM »
dude, the 80's was all about rock excess.
No shit. Sold all my Final Net stock years ago. Made a fortune.  :)

dav-bol

• Getbig II
  • Sexbomb
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2006, 04:06:51 PM »
If "rocking" equals fucking mad bitches and doing lines of high quality yay off their suntanned tits..then
it's GNR all the way.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2006, 03:19:39 AM »
...funny how some of these older bands are still out there kicking ass...case in point, Bon Jovi's had their last 3 albums do quite well, considering their market...Motley had one of the biggest and most lucrative world tours last year and into the spring of this year (WITHOUT a new album, by the way)...and Iron Maiden's latest album is VERY good, if you're into Maiden (and really, who isn't)...I'd stack it up with their great albums of the past.  Guns, sans the bands other than Axl and 'sometimes' Izzy Stradlin, are prepping their upcoming "Chinese Democracy", some 15 years in the making, check out the latest "Better" on youtube, it's a great tune but not much like 'Appetite'.

Point is these bands were great, and they have staying power.  Even Van Halen, almighty Van Halen, which as of late isn't doing much of anything (Eddie's on hard times), but if you compare the 80's bands that became such a 'joke' during the 90's, take a look at who's laughing now. 

Compare that to grunge bands who ended metal's mainstream reign....who have you got today, Pearl Jam and that's about it (ok, I'll throw in supergroup Audioslave...very cool band, ex Soundgarden/Rage)...but other than that, you're not going to see the ex-grungers making coins 10 years from now, as we see with the previously mentioned bands.  And it's good to see metal doing really well lately, tons of good bands to listen to.

But come on now THIS IS A BBING BOARD!
at least look like one person has common sense.