Author Topic: Getbig's biggest liars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 34677 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Getbig's biggest liars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2006, 12:39:51 PM »
Other than kendergarden, I've never seen so many people who can't count in all my life!!

or spell.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2006, 12:42:28 PM »
1. I disagree that most honest trainees wouldn't be able to keep up. Weekend warriors and manic trainees (on and off, beginners, etc), yes...but lets ignore them for now. And anyone who reads magazines (for anything other than gossip/news) at this level isn't really past the beginner level in the first place.

2. k

3. k

4. hmm..ask Milos about that

Max_Rep: cool.

Go back and look at #1 in my post and tell me if doesn't make sense..and analogy: "You can't expect a sprinter to have the same endurance as a marathon runner and you can't expect a marathon runner to be faster than a sprinter".

Ask Milos all you want, he's not the be all to end all....I'm sure we will have our differences in training philosophy's, the difference is I have no problem disagreeing with his philosophy's!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2006, 12:43:47 PM »
Well I don't know if it was better but it was defintely different and what I grew up with.  The biggest thing that I notice diffrently from then and now is that back then you could ask anyone for help and you almost 100% of the time got it, and it was free.  There were no personal trainers.  You could walk up to Arnold or Louie or anyone and ask them how to do something and they would show you and all of a sudden you are training with them.  I think the comraderie was much better back then.  And of course the equipment back then was very basic.  No plate loaded like Hammer around.  I think there are things from back then that were awesome and I think there are things from today that are awesome. Of course I miss the days back then cause thats when I was at my best.  And the younger guys today are going to be saying the same thing in 20 years. 

I don't age. I'm invincible.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2006, 12:46:51 PM »
I refuse to comment on such ignorance!

well of course you do. because there weren't any and there has been zero evidence of it. unless you're one of the idiots who counts the chemical weapons we sold them in the 1980s that were found and touted by santorum and other morons as wmds.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2006, 12:48:26 PM »
well of course you do. because there weren't any and there has been zero evidence of it. unless you're one of the idiots who counts the chemical weapons we sold them in the 1980s that were found and touted by santorum and other morons as wmds.

CRICKETS

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2006, 12:49:06 PM »
BIGGEST LIE EVER:

The Santa Claus Conspiracy

Some kid named Johnny said there's no such thing as Santa.

What an idiot.  He's a fucking conspiracy nut.  Of course there's a santa.  Who do you think puts all those presents there?  If it was an "inside job" and your own parents did it, you would know.  They couldn't hide something as obvious as 20 presents.  And what about the cookies and milk?  Who drank that?  And if Santa was fake, why is he all over TV?  It's not like television would propagate some lie.   I see him in magazines, books, etc.  He's everywhere!

Yeah, that little Johnny with the Santa Claus conspiracy is a real wackjob.  What a tool.  He's anti-Christmas, that's what he is!  Of course there's a santa.

Well, it turns out Johnny told 5 kids in class today about his theory.  They went home and found closets full of presents.  Now THEY are crazy too.  They say there's no santa, and they're telling all their friends.  Those kids are idiots!!  They're stupid. I don't know what's in their closets, and I don't wanna know.  There is a Santa.

Today, some middle schoolers tried to show us some science numbers that if santa was real, the speed of delivering presents to every home in the world is absolutely impossible.  What the hell is wrong with them? He is very smart and works fast!  No, they say, mathematically, that many homes in 24 hours would physically disintegrate Santa.  Bullshit!  Santa has a way, I just don't understand it.  But he's real, you uneducated fools!  He's very real.

You anti-Christmas idiots are destroying the holiday!  This one idiot kid... not only does he say there's not santa, but he's also doubting the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy!  This kid is insane!  He says he's researched it, and there are millions of more educated middle schoolers, high schoolers, and even adults who know the truth.  Bullshit!  Those baskets don't come from thin air!  And I KNOW that no one came into my room and switched my tooth for a dollar.  I stayed up very late, and my parents said they didn't hear anyone at all.

So stop it.  Stop the conspiracy nonsense.  Santa is real.  I've known it for the last 5 years, so I know it's true.  You guys are ruining Christmas with your lies.  Thank you.

excellent post. :)

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2006, 02:49:48 PM »
1. I disagree that most honest trainees wouldn't be able to keep up. Weekend warriors and manic trainees (on and off, beginners, etc), yes...but lets ignore them for now. And anyone who reads magazines (for anything other than gossip/news) at this level isn't really past the beginner level in the first place.

Max_Rep: cool.

Actually I was referring more to the guys that you are eliminating when I made the comment so in that regard we have some agreement.

Hey... thanks.
and keep moving!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2006, 02:58:10 PM »
What is the big deal about this thread? Everyone on Getbig benches 500lbs for reps

just yesterday I benched 501lbs for reps without even trying.
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2006, 02:58:59 PM »
oh wait..did I even go to the gym yesterday? I can't remember

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2006, 03:12:24 PM »
True Adonis 225 lbs deadlift for 112 reps.

240 or Bust's 20 rep squat with 405 lbs (WTF?) or 5 reps with 495 lbs... FOR PARALLELL.

Neither of these ever happened.

I don't understand why 240 or Bust hasn't come clean about this one yet though.

YIP
Zack

As empty as paradise

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2006, 03:13:43 PM »
True Adonis 225 lbs deadlift for 112 reps.

240 or Bust's 20 rep squat with 405 lbs (WTF?) or 5 reps with 495 lbs... FOR PARALLELL.

Neither of these ever happened.

I don't understand why 240 or Bust hasn't come clean about this one yet though.

YIP
Zack

LOL!
HAHA, RON.....

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2006, 04:09:32 PM »
If you doubt my claim, I emailed Chris Mason quite a while ago with my personal info on who the witnesses were in an unsanctioned meet, two of the witnesses are reputable and I was training with one at that time, his name is Gus Rethwisch, he also played "Buzzsaw" in the Running Man, BTW, it wasn't 500...it was 535!
I just saw Gus at the WABDL worlds last week.  Did you know that Sonny Ronolo passed away a few weeks ago?  You probably knew him if you trained with Gus.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2006, 04:23:43 PM »
Well I don't know if it was better but it was defintely different and what I grew up with.  The biggest thing that I notice diffrently from then and now is that back then you could ask anyone for help and you almost 100% of the time got it, and it was free.  There were no personal trainers.  You could walk up to Arnold or Louie or anyone and ask them how to do something and they would show you and all of a sudden you are training with them.  I think the comraderie was much better back then.  And of course the equipment back then was very basic.  No plate loaded like Hammer around.  I think there are things from back then that were awesome and I think there are things from today that are awesome. Of course I miss the days back then cause thats when I was at my best.  And the younger guys today are going to be saying the same thing in 20 years. 

One thing today that is different from 20 to 25 years ago is the gym itself. Back the the gyms weren't the fancy, clean, shiny places they are now. Most had crude, old equipment. The atmosphere was a lot less formal. No aerobics, spinning, pilates, very few women. No tv's, juice bars, tanning beds or any of that shit. My gym didn't evn get a lifecycle till 1987. Most were family run and making lots of money wasn't the thing it is today. all those places are gone. just like the ma and pa grocery stores.
The House that Ruth built

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2006, 04:34:33 PM »
Most of these guys who claim they can use huge poundages on the bent-over row are probably not pulling the weight off the ground, and are probably not bending over. John Kuc used around 405 lb on the bent over row, and he could deadlift near 900.

I did 415 lbs for 2 today in the gym.  I was bent over at nearly 90 degrees but definitely used some back heave to get the weight up.

If anyone doubts I will make a video then next time I do them. 

Oh, and I have pulled 675 lbs conventional and should be good for 700 lbs when I switch back to sumo. 

It definitely takes lower back strength to be able to bend over with that much weight and row it.
w

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2006, 04:36:30 PM »
I did 415 lbs for 2 today in the gym.  I was bent over at nearly 90 degrees but definitely used some back heave to get the weight up.

Oh, and I have pulled 675 lbs conventional and should be good for 700 lbs when I switch back to sumo. 

It definitely takes lower back strength to be able to bend over with that much weight and row it.
of course you did. ::)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2006, 04:41:16 PM »

are you more naturally built to sumo pull or have you done something to push that ahead? i can't for the life of me get any real strength in that position.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »

sarcasm, remember this is the guy that does a shoulder and back routine and says that he is doing his biceps.

there is no telling what he means by 415 for 2. I am guessing that that he did squats, leaned forward slighty and called it bent over rows.  Or he did 1/4 inch shrugs.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2006, 04:44:27 PM »

sarcasm, remember this is the guy that does a shoulder and back routine and says that he is doing his biceps.

there is no telling what he means by 415 for 2. I am guessing that that he did squats, leaned forward slighty and called it bent over rows.  Or he did 1/4 inch shrugs.
hahahaha, good point.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2006, 04:46:04 PM »

hahahaha, good point.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2006, 04:48:09 PM »

Lol, I'll get you a video big boy.  I'll probably do them again within the next couple of weeks.  No deads this week so I gave them a whirl.

Oh, and out of curiousity why would you question me?  You have been burned every time you have as I have provided a video.  At some point you should just respect.  

Yes, I know you do it because you think it really bothers me but much like the boy that cried wolf your stuff doesn't really bother me anymore.  It is more of a source of amusement.

Chris
w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2006, 04:49:19 PM »
are you more naturally built to sumo pull or have you done something to push that ahead? i can't for the life of me get any real strength in that position.

It's always been easier for me so it is the former.

Chris
w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2006, 04:51:17 PM »

Have I ever mentioned you have a very sexy screen name....SteelePegasus... ::)

Anyway, I would be more than happy to get YOU a video of me curling 185 lbs for reps quite strictly if you like.  I offered once before and you declined.  I will be doing them Thursday or Friday. 

You sexy beast you! :-*
w

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2006, 05:00:59 PM »
Have I ever mentioned you have a very sexy screen name....SteelePegasus... ::)

Anyway, I would be more than happy to get YOU a video of me curling 185 lbs for reps quite strictly if you like.  I offered once before and you declined.  I will be doing them Thursday or Friday. 

You sexy beast you! :-*
brutal reverse grip power cleans.

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2006, 05:04:24 PM »
Bmacys claimed to blew ten guys after a trail hike in upstate NY. We all know that cant be, he has said on numerous occaisions that 7 is as high as he has ever gone...
The Number 2 in Scranton

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2006, 05:09:31 PM »
I just saw Gus at the WABDL worlds last week.  Did you know that Sonny Ronolo passed away a few weeks ago?  You probably knew him if you trained with Gus.

No, I didn't know him, when I trained with Gus, it was at a gym called Astro gym in San Gabriel, Ca!