Author Topic: trap tie in  (Read 4405 times)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
trap tie in
« on: November 26, 2006, 05:04:37 PM »
Think I f**ked up a tendon while sleeping cause one day it just started hurting.  one specific spot where your trap ties in to your bone......on your shoulder....kind of a lil knob there I guess.  Doesnt hurt at all when I do shoulders but I feel it for a couple days after I do chest......incline aggrevates it more than flat....also when I do shrugs.....been about 6 months.  Still can go as heavy as I can....just aggrevating.....anybody have any idea what Im talking about?  I hate doctors too.

bigjay34

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: trap tie in
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 07:05:44 PM »
The round bone on the top of your shoulder is your ac joint. Do you do dips for chest? or heavy bench press? these exercise will corrode the cartilage between the joint causing the bones to rub together. That may be the pain you are feeling in my case it also seemed to happened suddenly.

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 08:06:47 AM »
There are quite a few people who will really know whats causing it, and what to do....they are called DOCTORS!  ;)

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:30:26 AM »
The round bone on the top of your shoulder is your ac joint. Do you do dips for chest? or heavy bench press? these exercise will corrode the cartilage between the joint causing the bones to rub together. That may be the pain you are feeling in my case it also seemed to happened suddenly.

dont do dips, but do heavy bench.......that sounds about right.  Have you done anything about it?

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 10:51:16 AM »
Why dont you be my doctor......... ;D

Why dont you sshh and go and see you Doctor if it gets worse or doesn't go away?  ;D

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 09:11:31 PM »
Why dont you sshh and go and see you Doctor if it gets worse or doesn't go away?  ;D

I hate doctors.....besides when Im with you all the pain goes away......

8)

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 03:32:35 AM »
OMG that was lame...

That's not going to stop me from keeping on at you... ;)

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 12:38:18 PM »
I said 'on AT you' not 'on you'  :P

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 07:21:13 AM »
Ok, back on topic...I noticed yesterday (thanks to an observant female after I pointed out my injury) at the gym that my shoulder is.......lower....or more flat in the delt area than my other (especially my front).........wtf!!!!!  Im starting to think I tore my rotator cuff.   :'(

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 10:04:58 AM »
I hate doctors.....besides when Im with you all the pain goes away......

8)

rofl
Here comes the money shot

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 03:01:41 AM »
Ok, back on topic...I noticed yesterday (thanks to an observant female after I pointed out my injury) at the gym that my shoulder is.......lower....or more flat in the delt area than my other (especially my front).........wtf!!!!!  Im starting to think I tore my rotator cuff.   :'(

I had a very similar issue go and see a Chiropractor. What you have is very freaky but it may well be easier to fix than a cuff injury particularly if you GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It won't fix itself if you leave it your delt will shrink no matter how you train! I'm guessing it's a double crush. The pain in your trap is (I'd say) a nerve the flat delt is because the crushed nerve isn't able to fire up your deltoid properly which is also why your scapula is out of place because one or more of your scapular stabilizers aren't being fired up either. You might want to check to see if one tricep or bicep is harder when flexed or if you have equal strength between the fingers (test each finger individually against the thunb) and thumb of each hand. Any differences would confirm a nerve problem. But to my mind what you describe is so similar to the issue I have just last week been diagnosed with (this is what you have). On the plus side it took 30 seconds to fix or to be more precise it was fixed faster than the human brain can detect movement.

DON'T WHASTE TIME ON DRS AND PHYSIOS SEE A CHIROPRACTOR!!!!!

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 07:34:17 PM »
I had a very similar issue go and see a Chiropractor. What you have is very freaky but it may well be easier to fix than a cuff injury particularly if you GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It won't fix itself if you leave it your delt will shrink no matter how you train! I'm guessing it's a double crush. The pain in your trap is (I'd say) a nerve the flat delt is because the crushed nerve isn't able to fire up your deltoid properly which is also why your scapula is out of place because one or more of your scapular stabilizers aren't being fired up either. You might want to check to see if one tricep or bicep is harder when flexed or if you have equal strength between the fingers (test each finger individually against the thunb) and thumb of each hand. Any differences would confirm a nerve problem. But to my mind what you describe is so similar to the issue I have just last week been diagnosed with (this is what you have). On the plus side it took 30 seconds to fix or to be more precise it was fixed faster than the human brain can detect movement.

DON'T WHASTE TIME ON DRS AND PHYSIOS SEE A CHIROPRACTOR!!!!!

Sounds good man, I will definitly check it out.  Appreciate the advice.  fingers feel like their the same strength and my tri and bis flex as hard as my other arm.  It is getting a lot better but when I do "irk" it It feels deeper in the center of my shoulder now.  Still been working out on my normal routine, just been doing about 1/4th the weight.  But I will definitly see a chiropractor.