Author Topic: Why can the crackhead Micheal Irvin Make racial comments and get away with it?  (Read 45965 times)

Mobil

• Getbig IV
when will you non- minority people realize that unless you walk in OUR shoes you can never understand how it is to NOT be white in America... :'( :'( :'(

but nothing wrong with going slumin every now and again.... ;)

yes i agree.. im white therefore i im rich, correct? im white therefore life is easy, correct? im white so i dont have to work hard for my money, correct?  well that seems to be the impression alot of non-white americans percieve whites.. that we are all rich and happy. so ive been told.... it seems as though whites in america dont live hard lives and are given everything.
real men= no rubbers

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
hahahah I hope you are joking cause that isn't what he said.  ;D
Nope, not joking. And later, he ran his mouth on Blacks and jewellery. I think that was the last straw for the network. Any other older guys remember any of this?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Irvin said of Romo. "But he is. He is, man. I don't know if some brother down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down."

Irvin was referring to the fact Romo cannot be such a good athlete unless he has some African lineage in him. Basically saying he is to good of an athlete to be white. Duh Payton manning, Tom Brady, Troy Aikmen and most all of the other hall of fame qbs are white men ::) I am against racism but this shit is frustrating!

Hmm seems to be a double standerd to me. That and Micheal Irvin smokes crack and gets off all his legal problems trouble free. Seems to  me a certain announcer was fired for joking with Lou Pannela about race.Wonder why Irving still has his job?Pure bullshit, I hope that cracked out shitbag loses his job when the media gets ahold of this nationally. Irvin has always been a moron but this seals the deal.

Michael Irvin gets paid to be humorous at times.

Some of 'you people' need to learn to take a joke. 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V

Hahahaha! Hello, KETTLE...this is POT...what did you call me again? Oh...BLACK!

No...more like some of 'your peoples' need to stop being their own worst enemy and realize that Lincoln freed them like...200 yrs ago. 'They' had plenty of time to get their acts together.
?

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
yes i agree.. im white therefore i im rich, correct? im white therefore life is easy, correct? im white so i dont have to work hard for my money, correct?  well that seems to be the impression alot of non-white americans percieve whites.. that we are all rich and happy. so ive been told.... it seems as though whites in america dont live hard lives and are given everything.

i empathize with white trash people too...but its a $$$ thing..it alwaays is
The Number 2 in Scranton

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
i empathize with white trash people too...but its a $$$ thing..it alwaays is

Exactly.

I couldn't stand Michael Irvin during his football career and my disdain for him had nothing to do with the fact that he played for a team I hated (and that team was successful).  I didn't like his attitude, nor did I like the fact that a high profile Black athlete was constantly in the news because of drug-related issues.  I don't remember all the details at this time, but in his case, we were not talking about a few marijuana leaves...he was into the heavy stuff. 

But, the guy apparently cleaned himself up and got his act together and in recent years, he's been a very entertaining football analyst.  He re-invented himself and he's a TV star, once again, and that's what makes America so great.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Nope, not joking. And later, he ran his mouth on Blacks and jewellery. I think that was the last straw for the network. Any other older guys remember any of this?

What he said was that slave owners would breed the strongest males with the strongest females to make better field workers,and that was why the black athletes of today were superior to the whites...because they had been bred that way.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Michael Irvin gets paid to be humorous at times.

Some of 'you people' need to learn to take a joke. 

Exactly; more announcers with personality are needed.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
hahahah I hope you are joking cause that isn't what he said.  ;D

Jimmy just stated that "the blacks" were bred to be superior during slavery, via the "big black" man & woman. Too honest for some.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
What he said was that slave owners would breed the strongest males with the strongest females to make better field workers,and that was why the black athletes of today were superior to the whites...because they had been bred that way.
You are correct,Sir. A bud just told me that the monkey comment was made by Howard Cossell. I guess I'm getting blurry as I age.  :-\

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V

I don't believe it makes anyone 'racist' to say that certain cultures have an inbred superiority over others in certain areas.  Sure, there are notable exceptions in everything, but 'selective breeding' is a very real concept and it's a practice that goes on today.  

If a male is only 5-10 and he comes from a family of males ranging in height from 5-9 to 6-1 and he mates with a woman who's only 5-5, then the chances of him having a 6-foot-tall son (or daughter) are very slim.  If, however, that same male mates with a woman who's also 5-10 and from a family where the men are typically 5-10 to 6-4, then their chances of having a tall son or daughter are greatly increased.  It doesn't offer a guarantee, mind you, it just improves the odds.  

Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi have children together.  There's a strong likelihood that their son and daughter will be pretty good athletes.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Dude, I can understand the double standard, and im not black.  Shit, I only have three black dudes that I consistantly hang with, but we dont ever see each other as being different, we joke about the shit, and that is what needs to happen in order for us to break down these barriers.  Let em rag on whitey for a while, shit, it wasnt until the 80's that segregation due to "bussing" was outlawed.  believe me, I am not for free rides, but the playing field hasnt been level since the slaves were freed as some of you are suggesting.  Plus, that shit Irvin said was kinda funny.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Irvin said of Romo. "But he is. He is, man. I don't know if some brother down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down."

Irvin was referring to the fact Romo cannot be such a good athlete unless he has some African lineage in him. Basically saying he is to good of an athlete to be white. Duh Payton manning, Tom Brady, Troy Aikmen and most all of the other hall of fame qbs are white men ::) I am against racism but this shit is frustrating!

Hmm seems to be a double standerd to me. That and Micheal Irvin smokes crack and gets off all his legal problems trouble free. Seems to  me a certain announcer was fired for joking with Lou Pannela about race.Wonder why Irving still has his job?Pure bullshit, I hope that cracked out shitbag loses his job when the media gets ahold of this nationally. Irvin has always been a moron but this seals the deal.

This reminds me of last year when the Air Force coach Fisher DeBarry said they needed to go out and recruit the black athletes if they wanted to win. The public outcry over that was astounding when the guy was telling the truth. However, Irvin, whose a coke head on top of the fact of being a racist, gets away with whatever he wants. I can't even watch Sunday NFL Countdown with those retards on it anymore.

body88

when will you non- minority people realize that unless you walk in OUR shoes you can never understand how it is to NOT be white in America... :'( :'( :'(

Jea you are a fag. Your gimmicks suck.

hope this helps

body88

Dude, I can understand the double standard, and im not black.  Shit, I only have three black dudes that I consistantly hang with, but we dont ever see each other as being different, we joke about the shit, and that is what needs to happen in order for us to break down these barriers.  Let em rag on whitey for a while, shit, it wasnt until the 80's that segregation due to "bussing" was outlawed.  believe me, I am not for free rides, but the playing field hasnt been level since the slaves were freed as some of you are suggesting.  Plus, that shit Irvin said was kinda funny.

Get a grip. They have no right to act that way. A prominent, white medical scholar goes on tv to speak about a African American mans achievement in discovering the cure to a disease. He makes the comment that his mother must have come in contact with a white man  for the African Doctor to be so smart to discover the cure for a disease. Implying that black men are not as smart as white men.Also implying the blackwoman had to have conceived a child with white blood for it to be so smart. Since white men dominate big business, medical research and basically every prominent position in government.

The entire African community would be outraged. There would be frekin riots.The double standard needs to be addressed. All people treated equally. That is how it works. Not i can act like a racist asshole because 5 generations ago there was slavery. Shit like this cheapens good African Americans achievements.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
This reminds me of last year when the Air Force coach Fisher DeBarry said they needed to go out and recruit the black athletes if they wanted to win. The public outcry over that was astounding when the guy was telling the truth. However, Irvin, whose a coke head on top of the fact of being a racist, gets away with whatever he wants. I can't even watch Sunday NFL Countdown with those retards on it anymore.

or when that old Packers star said Notre Dame had to lower their academic standards to let more black athletes in the program if they wanted to win.  similary comment to that. 

racist or not, irvin is just an idiot.  i loved when tom jackson asked him on the pregame show straight up "Are you retarded"
Valhalla awaits.

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
It is because the liberal media thinks we 'owe' negores in this country something when the truth is we don't owe their black a$$es a got-damn THANG!

It is perfectly fine for negroes to commit 'hate' crimes against whites and say whatever they want against 'whiteys'. It's fine. No...really we 'owe' them. They were slaves so...

I watched 'Original Kings of Comedy' last night. I love it...so funny. Lots and lots of cracks and digs against 'white people'.

Put 'the blue collar comedy tour' on stage and let Ron White say something like...'Yea, my dog...my bulldog don't like negores...he barks at them...'

Or let Jeff Foxworthy have a skit where he says...'If you have 2LiveCrew playing at your reception and 'Big Mama' gets up to pump her ass...yooooou might be a negroe...

If you call Cherry flavor Koolaid as RED...yooooou might be a negroe!'

Watch how that will fly.

...that's all fuckin' hilarious- i wish the redneck comediy guys would say things like that, it'd be funny.
...the fact is, most stereotypes are about 85% true, they do have a big basisi in reality, but people are afraid to acknowledge this fact.
jimmy the greek, et al, on their comments? personally, i don't think they should have been fired- why? for telling the truth, for merely speaking whateverybody "thinks" anyway?
...rediculous.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
I don't believe it makes anyone 'racist' to say that certain cultures have an inbred superiority over others in certain areas.  Sure, there are notable exceptions in everything, but 'selective breeding' is a very real concept and it's a practice that goes on today.  

If a male is only 5-10 and he comes from a family of males ranging in height from 5-9 to 6-1 and he mates with a woman who's only 5-5, then the chances of him having a 6-foot-tall son (or daughter) are very slim.  If, however, that same male mates with a woman who's also 5-10 and from a family where the men are typically 5-10 to 6-4, then their chances of having a tall son or daughter are greatly increased.  It doesn't offer a guarantee, mind you, it just improves the odds.  

Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi have children together.  There's a strong likelihood that their son and daughter will be pretty good athletes.

You're Fired. >:(

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
Mike Irvin is and has always been a complete moron.  Great football player without a doubt but he makes some lame no sense comments repeatedly.  Between Mike Irvin, Stu Scott, and Dan Patrick you have three barrels of donkey shit when it comes to commentating.
Truly STOP WHINING

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Because, Romo doesn't. Point Blank. Aikman, Manning, Vick, McNair, they do. Plus Michael was a Cowboy, Romo is Cowboy, and former Cowboys are super critical of those who don't match up to the Cowboy QB God: Troy Aikman.

What have you been smoking? Romo is way better than all of those guys. He's the highest rated quarterback in the NFL. Aikman never played worth a damn without a great offensive line. Everyone in Dallas loves Romo.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Considering this country's history, a little double-standard won't kill anyone as long as it eventually gets old and goes away.

It ain't old YET?  It's been 150 years!  How much fuccking time do they need? >:(

Seriously, when the last slave died, and the last slave owner died, this shit shouldda been over.

Hell, I've never owned any slaves.  For that matter, neither did any of my ancesters... they were all over in Germany when this shit was happening.

And to these negroes that think they're "owed" something:   Negro, please.  ::)  You ain't never been a slave, and neither were your parents, grandparents, or great-grandparents.  I don't owe you shit.
Ron: "I am lazy."

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
What have you been smoking? Romo is way better than all of those guys. He's the highest rated quarterback in the NFL. Aikman never played worth a damn with a great offensive line. Everyone in Dallas loves Romo.
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.  How many games has Romo played in the NFL?  Comparing Romo to Aikman is asinine.  There is no comparison.  Aikman Overrated? Yeah maybe.  Hall of Fame Quarterback. THREE Super Bowls.   I think Romo is going to be a star but to say he is better than Vick, McNabb, Aikman, and others is crazy.  Get to the playoffs, win a Super Bowl, win consistently, and then you MIGHT be able to put him in the upper tier of QBs in the NFL.  Everyone in Dallas will believe that.
Truly STOP WHINING

body88

You are so full of shit it is coming out of your ears. It is no big deal when a African American makes a offensive statement like this ? But if they guy was white all hell would be breaking loose. If a white man made the suggestion that a African woman would have had to have slept with a white man to conceive a smart child there would be hell to pay.

Just the point I was trying to prove. This is a joke you say?  Ha ha, I wonder if it would have been a "joke" of roles where reversed. You know what would happen. We all know what would happen.

Btw your post was retarded and has nothing to do with Irvin dissing the white race. I am not racist at all. I find it disgusting. but this hypocritical shit needs to stop. Enough is enough.

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
so what he is a fucking crack head !
CENSORED BY RON !

body88

so what he is a fucking crack head !

Thats fine. Irvin should be held accountable for his actions. Notice the black men on here making excuses? If I give you respect as a black American, I want respect in return as a white American. It is 2006 people. Equal sensitivity applies to all races. not just black people.  The hypocrisy a black man shows making a statement saying Irvins comments are "no big deal" is hilarious. I would love to see what they would have said if Steve young said Vince Young's mother must have slept with a white man somewhere down the line since Vince is such a smart quarterback. Implying that Vince would be a dumb black guy without the white blood. Young would lose his job in about 3 hours. He would be labeled a racist for life. Irvin is a dirty, crack smoking shitbag.

Next time some white announcer makes a racially offensive comment we should just chalk it up as entertainment. That is what you are suggesting. Delusional lol. The double standard is sickening.

A espn announcer was fired for making a "racially" insensitive joke while joking with Lou Pannela. it was tame compared to this. Wonder why he got fired? Hmmmmm.