Author Topic: Why can the crackhead Micheal Irvin Make racial comments and get away with it?  (Read 45814 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
I have no problem with racist jokes black or white, jew or asian etc... But what I do have a problem with is when it's done in public, a comedy show, on T.V., newspaper, anything which isn't a private convo and one person gets shit for it while the other get laughs or makes money off it. If one guy can make racist jokes for a living while the other loses his job for it I just don't find that to be fair. On another note I also hate when mother fuckers go and tell racist jokes and or act racist themselves and then turn around and cry injustice when something that may possible to take as racist is said or done. I just think there are too many bitter people that would rather blame their faults or misfortune on racism and too many uppity white folk who are way too into censorship of everything, there in lies the problem. I don't see why if everyone wants to be equal they have to stay in a mindset of that we are all different. One quick story from when I was locked up as a juvenile was fucked up, I got pissed off at some kids for being assholes, the kids were mostly from the inner city of Philly where I was at. Well I was talking to two of the dickwads that happened to be black and said to them "you people are fucking worthless and will never amount to anything" (they were tryin to get under my skin and did so) well I was referring to the fact that they were low lifes who sold drugs and had almost no education as they rather become hood rich then really do something with themselves, well next thing you know here it comes "what do you mean YOU PEOPLE", I explained myself they didn't want to hear it and proceeded to go and cry racism and eventually try to get me into trouble for it (they often called me cracker and honkey but I find that amusing/funny even when they were serious), staff told them stop whining and don't be a tattle tale.
I

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

Get a grip. They have no right to act that way. A prominent, white medical scholar goes on tv to speak about a African American mans achievement in discovering the cure to a disease. He makes the comment that his mother must have come in contact with a white man  for the African Doctor to be so smart to discover the cure for a disease. Implying that black men are not as smart as white men.Also implying the blackwoman had to have conceived a child with white blood for it to be so smart. Since white men dominate big business, medical research and basically every prominent position in government.

The entire African community would be outraged. There would be frekin riots.The double standard needs to be addressed. All people treated equally. That is how it works. Not i can act like a racist asshole because 5 generations ago there was slavery. Shit like this cheapens good African Americans achievements.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

Get a grip. They have no right to act that way. A prominent, white medical scholar goes on tv to speak about a African American mans achievement in discovering the cure to a disease. He makes the comment that his mother must have come in contact with a white man  for the African Doctor to be so smart to discover the cure for a disease. Implying that black men are not as smart as white men.Also implying the blackwoman had to have conceived a child with white blood for it to be so smart. Since white men dominate big business, medical research and basically every prominent position in government.

This happened before,
It used to be said or thought that the lighter the black person, the smarter he or she is. My mother would get this a lot, or because she was very light, she was considered "prettier" than the dark skin girls.  

Montell Williams had a doctor on his show speaking about MS. There was a question as to why a lot of black people are starting to get MS, when before there were less cases. Well, due to the fact that MS is very rare in African populations, but not in  European populations, and most Am blacks are of mixed race, it was concluded that they are inherited it from their white genes.

body88

Damn shame... All I am bitching about is accountability.If people want respect and fair treatment they need to give it. When guys like Tre come on here claiming the comments Irvin made where 'not a big deal"  It proves the accusation of hypocrasy by some African American men. If the tables where turned he would be offended. Just like every other African American person. African Americans tend to think racially offensive comments are " not big deal" as long as they are not directed towards them. There is racism against all races including whites. My x girlfriend is Columbian. From Columbia. Dark skinned and hot. I would walk through the cambridge side galleria with her in Boston and be GRILLED by men of Mexican or lation descent. Dirty looks, comments under the breath etc etc. I am Italian, but my family comes from the north of Italy. I have light eyes and light hair.  Contrary to what people may think I am not some little bitch so none of these cowards would ever come out and say what they where thinking. It is quite simple. Racism is a cancer that plagues or society. But some minorities need to quite the hypocritical bullshit. We all are equal. In this day in age 150 years after the fact there is no reason to believe the white race owes a debt. You do not hear the Irish and Italians still complaining about the discriminating and abuse they endured. Same thing for the Jews. Slavery was a black scar on this country. But that had nothing to do with the current or past five generations who did not partake in it.

This quote I made says it all.

Question for the black men out there. What would you say if Tony Kornheiser Had made this comment? Do you think he would still have a job after a comment like that?

Vince young doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Tony said of Young. "But he is. He is, smart man. I don't know if some white man was down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran out to the burbs or something went down to make him that smart ."

He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Irvin said of Romo. "But he is. He is, man. I don't know if some brother down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down."

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
the word SLAVE comes SLAV, people Slavic origin before the use of black people for slavery
white Slavic's where the preferred choice ! chew on that !
CENSORED BY RON !

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
the word SLAVE comes SLAV, people Slavic origin before the use of black people for slavery
white Slavic's where the preferred choice ! chew on that !

I keep saying... the Romans made slaves of my Germanic ancestors, so I wanna go to Italy and act like everyone there owes me something. I'd be acting just like your typical black American acts today.
Ron: "I am lazy."

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
Yup, I remember this. He said 'look at that little monkey run' but I can't remember who he was referring to.  :o

Dave Meggit(sp), NY Giants I believe. 

BKS - Guardian of Truth

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
it will never be equal...and you will always have people like Jesse Jackson and the NAACP barking about how Whites are racist, but we(everyone) are all racist to a certain degree, but let whites have a organization or a school just for whites and see how that pill is swallowed by the black american community... it would not be pretty

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
My take on the situation: one thing is Irvin isn't being malicious in his comment. Another thing to take into account is a lot of the racial stereotypes blacks endured is that they somehow are genetically inferior to white men in the brain dept. which is a pretty bad thing. Black guys generalizing whites as slower, can't jump etc.. isn't nearly as bad as generalizations blacks had to endure that black men weren't smart enough to play QB etc.. Also blacks couldn't serve with whites in WWII or Korea, segregated sports etc.. So the racial thing cuts way deeper if you are a black man being maligned than a white guy. Just my opinion.
The House that Ruth built

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
generalizations blacks had to endure that black men weren't smart enough to play QB etc.. Also blacks couldn't serve with whites in WWII or Korea, segregated sports etc.. So the racial thing cuts way deeper if you are a black man being maligned than a white guy. Just my opinion.

Of course; that's why it's makes sense not to take it too seriously, allow some leaway as long as it ends eventually. Not long ago there weren't even black QBs or coaches until James Harris, Doug Williams & Warren Moon. Moon's in the HoF in part due to race, after been forced to first go to Canada to play QB until he proved himself.

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
well, that's a pretty benign joke that i as a white white white boy find amusing.
It's meant as a compliment but maybe a white guy might take offense if he didn't have a sense of humor. They use to call Jason Williams of the Miami heat White Chocolate because of his Magic Johnson like passes but it was meant as a compliment and that's how he took it.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It's meant as a compliment but maybe a white guy might take offense if he didn't have a sense of humor. They use to call Jason Williams of the Miami heat White Chocolate because of his Magic Johnson like passes but it was meant as a compliment and that's how he took it.

Yup. They called Earl Monroe the black jesus and it was a compliment.

body88

I am still waiting for an answer from the black men on this board. Would you be offended if  Tony insiunated black men where not as intelligent as white men on national tv?

Vince young doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Tony said of Young. "But he is. He is, smart man. I don't know if some white man was down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran out to the burbs or something went down to make him that smart ."

He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Irvin said of Romo. "But he is. He is, man. I don't know if some brother down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down." 

Any man black man who says he would not be offended by these comments has no right to ever be upset over racial comments. Save the filler and question dodging. If Tony said this would you be offended? Yes or no?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I am still waiting for an answer from the black men on this board. Would you be offended if  Tony insiunated black men where not as intelligent as white men on national tv?

It would be interesting to hear from a black mans perspective.

pumpster

• Getbig V

Not much there amongst the getbig demographic.  :)

body88

Besides tre, who has whinned about racism before. Yet he claims Irvin's comments are "no big deal". Monster hypocrisy / bullshit statement.

If a white announcer ever made that comment I posted above there would be hell to pay.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
as tiki barber said, "Michael irvin is the ultimate 'character' guy"  ::)
Valhalla awaits.

pumpster

• Getbig V
as tiki barber said, "Michael irvin is the ultimate 'character' guy"  ::)

Tiki's more obnoxious than Irvin to me; a bigmouth at the wrong time when the team should come first.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
I disagree. You may not agree with what he says but he is obviously a very intelligent guy and very well spoken. 
Valhalla awaits.

pumpster

• Getbig V
I disagree. You may not agree with what he says but he is obviously a very intelligent guy and very well spoken. 

Intelligent & well-spoken has *nothing* to do with character. Tiki's character sux and everyone knows it. What he said on more than one occasion shouldn't have gone beyond closed doors. Proves that he's a worm, not a team player. At least Irvin keeps it real, is not a phony.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
tiki's character sucks?  it may not be grade A but he has never got caught in a room full of coke with strippers. Or recently had a crackpipe found in his car and said it was his friends.   

No arrests, no nothing.  Heavily involved in charity. On the scale of NFL players and character he is certainly above 50% IMO
Valhalla awaits.

pumpster

• Getbig V
tiki's character sucks?  it may not be grade A but he has never got caught in a room full of coke with strippers. Or recently had a crackpipe found in his car and said it was his friends.   

No arrests, no nothing.  Heavily involved in charity. On the scale of NFL players and character he is certainly above 50% IMO

Listen everything you've listed is standard stuff intended to create a positive image but doesn't negate the reality that Tiki really seems like a creep, and is doing MORE during the season than Irvin ever did to disrupt the team. If i was a coach and didn't need him right now he'd be off the team for those comments, comments made more than once. Completely inappropriate, as were Shockey's, another me-first player who should be playing elsewhere. I have no doubt that part of the Giant's developing problems this year are based on the attitudes of these types of players.

I'll bet you the only reason Tiki wasn't taken down a few notches after those repeated comments was because he's leaving and is needed now, nothing else.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing

Yeah that would be good considering we have already heard from the gay white male who loves hiking point of view ;D
I

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Listen everything you've listed is standard stuff intended to create a positive image but doesn't negate the reality that Tiki really seems like a creep, and is doing MORE during the season than Irvin ever did to disrupt the team. If i was a coach and didn't need him right now he'd be off the team for those comments, comments made more than once. Completely inappropriate, as were Shockey's, another me-first player who should be playing elsewhere. I have no doubt that part of the Giant's developing problems this year are based on the attitudes of these types of players.

I'll bet you the only reason Tiki wasn't taken down a few notches after those repeated comments was because he's leaving and is needed now, nothing else.

I have heard or read nothing to support the view that Tiki has bad character.  You said yourself that intelligence has nothing to do with character.  Tiki's comments were just stupid, not a reflective of bad character.  He has been great for the league IMO.  Works hard in the offseason.  Plays hard during the season.  Raising a family.  Stays out of trouble.  Does good work outside of football.  The NFL needs more players like him. 

He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath with that crackhead Irvin. 

body88

Irvin is such a joke.