Author Topic: Thicker fuller arms?  (Read 5168 times)

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
Re: Thicker fuller arms?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 12:57:18 PM »
Ive gotten the best results working arms once a week with back

barbell curls 1 warmup set 4 total sets

preacher curls 3 sets

and vary between seated dumbell curls and hammer curls for 3 sets

Tris work with chest

skull crushers 4 total sets

v bar pushdowns 4 sets

cable rope pushdowns  3 sets

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 03:33:23 PM »
barbell curls....heavy

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 03:35:15 PM »
barbell curls....heavy
agreed, this is the best exercise.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 07:05:33 AM »
barbell curls....heavy

heavy for like 5-6 reps?

sammy1980

• Getbig II
  • congrats to the new mr o: melvin anthony
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 01:53:28 PM »
another suggestion would be to have an arm day+ doing 4-5 sets of triceps after chest and 4-5 sets of biceps after back. make sure your are doing dips and close grip bench presses for triceps and wide grip barbell curls for biceps (best biceps exercise!).

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 02:03:07 PM »
just joined the ymca gym for money reasons but they dont have a freaken dipping belt!

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 02:31:28 PM »
agreed, this is the best exercise.

exactly...none of this "concentration curl" light bullshit. People make training way more complex and absurd than in needs to be. There is no better arm exercise for mass than the barbell curl.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 02:33:26 PM »
exactly...none of this "concentration curl" light bullshit. People make training way more complex and absurd than in needs to be. There is no better arm exercise for mass than the barbell curl.
barbell curls and close grip bench presses are the two best mass building movements for arms bar none, at least for me.

westidebber

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 03:27:22 PM »
I've improved my arm size by doing heavy bb curls, alt curls, preacher and hammer.  I think the key exerise to bring out the thickess is the hammer curls. bring the db's up to the middle of the chest. to put the most pressure on the outer head...

for tris i do cg bench, kill crunes, db overhead extensions and weighed dips. i do some close grip pushups off the rack.  to get some more blood in them. its like 2x25

we can suggest every dind of arm routine to you but it wouldn't work. the best  arm builders are back movements for bis and chest for tris. alot of ppl have good arms from doing on chest and back. and not targeting the arm dirctly...

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 04:04:58 PM »
BB curls one of the top 2-3, some cheats added.

Extensions of some kind-decline, seated, pulley.

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 04:08:26 PM »
stuff a pair of sox under your tshirt sleeve    :-*.............. these dudes have nailed it , big basics , bbcurl , dips/cg bench

DVSGOD

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2006, 02:05:38 AM »
Hold your arms down at your side , see how they naturaly position them selves? the answer to long thick looking biceps when they are hanging at your side are hammer curls and decline exstenions for tris ,add these two with the basics like dips and bb curl and you will be set , to me you look overly over trained.I do 6 working sets for bis and the same for tris and iv pushed them over the 18 inch mark.
You cant work hard and long so change to short and intense and check the tape in 6 weeks time to see the differance , also if you are bombing your arms with such marathon sessions what are you doing to other body parts?the arms get caned hard when you do back and chest to remember.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2006, 07:51:44 AM »
I was doing these longer hardcore sessions to get shock some size into them. It worked for the time and I got some good size out of it. Just looking for other suggestions. This week i laid off the longer sessions and my arms are feeling pretty good. I went really heavy only completing around 6 reps per exercise. Ill let you guys know how things go.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2006, 08:56:05 AM »
Just some suggestions..for what's it worth. Prime bicep builder: If you want a full extension and full contraction for the biceps than you might consider close curl grip pull-ups. Can also apply this to a lat pulldown machine. But the old fashion pull-up/chin would be first choice. Can go very heavy with this exercise, which is the whole point anyway. If you have a set of gymnastic rings (they allow the nature curve of the wrist, forearms, joints for bicep action/reaction..from start to finish) so much the better. At our gym there is a EZ bar grip on the chinning bar that works very well.

The second best bicep exercise (in my view) is the BB curl (heavy.. cheat allowed and encouraged). You will not get a proper full extension and contraction. But really who cares when you can get increased muscle mass to the biceps. And at a fast rate. (An honorable mention is the incline DB curl, which let's the curl start from the natural thumbs forward ((hammer grip)) and ends at the top position in a full bicep contraction..thumbs pointing out)

Might try doing a set of curl grip chins SS'ed with a set of heavy BB curls (2 or 3 cycles). A effective way to work the biceps. If anyone is into tri sets than do the chins, BB curls and last the incline DB curl (2 cycles only).  No rest between any of the exercises. If preferring the conventional way, than do the chins and BB curls or incline curls in a arm workout. Good Luck.

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2007, 09:47:16 PM »
For thicker arms you also need to focus on (elbows in hands wide) on barbell curls, to hit the inner short head.
This should add more width when looking down on your bis. Hammers will helpwhen looking from the rear as in back double bi.Ta Ta.