Author Topic: Thicker fuller arms?  (Read 5175 times)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
Thicker fuller arms?
« on: November 29, 2006, 01:09:48 PM »
How should I train to get thicker fuller bi's and tri's? Mine are about 17.5 flexed but it pissed me off they look thin to me. I think the actual muscle mass compared to my bigger bone structure makes it look like I dont have much mass. Either way how do I attack my arms to make them thicker?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Thicker fuller arms?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 01:14:07 PM »
Start by taking the time to read most of the threads already here. Then...

TRAIN YOUR ASS OFF

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 01:24:23 PM »
What is your routine now?  Are you getting enough protein etc:?

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 02:17:33 PM »
post your routine...

most people overtrain the shit out of their arms, remember you are using bi's while doing back work and tri's while pressing...don't overdo it on direct arm training. i barely train arms directly...

8)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 02:22:11 PM »
Start by taking the time to read most of the threads already here. Then...

TRAIN YOUR ASS OFF
Thanks for the advice ::)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 02:29:20 PM »
Ive read stuff before. I just wanted to know what would be a good routine. Typically ill train Bi's with tri's all in one day. Was some info I read about giving them a day to themselves. Supersetting bi exercise with tri exercises immediately after. Starting like this

Tri pushdowns w/rope
4 sets 8-12 reps
Superset
1 arm preacher 4 x 8-12

Hammer Curls
4 x 8-12
Superset
skullcrushers 4 x 8-12

Close Grip
4x8-12
superset
incline curls a/45 degrees 4 x 8-12

cable curls
4x8-12
reverse grip cable pushdowns
4x8-12

overtraining, maybe, but its worked for me before

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 02:33:49 PM »
that's ALOT of sets bro...

it may have worked before but i guess it's not anymore because you are asking us for opinions...take that in to consideration. i'm not saying it's a bad routine but it's too much IMO.

personally i do 6-8 sets for bi's after chest and 8 sets for tri's after shoulders...but that's me. my arms have never hit a slow spot, always progressing.

8)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 02:41:02 PM »
Yeah I dunno. I gotta get my diet back in line after being sick for 2 weeks. But it just always seems like they lag behind my core. My back and chest seem to grow fine. I guess with progress ive made they arent that shabby for size. Im not a full time lifter though. I train combat sports during months when i get burned out on lifting. This year has been a bad year for me stress wise and not to bash lifting or say its easier or anything but its less stressful than preparing for a fight. Id just like to see my arms develope, maybe get some input on what other guys have had success with routine wise in their quest for more developed arms. I know the obvious time and diet factors. 

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 02:44:11 PM »
if you are doing that routine every arm day, then yes you are overtraining...  you could profit from doing that routine once every five arm workouts...other than that you should be doing all your tris at once and then all your bis at once...natural?

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 02:46:23 PM »
Yeah Im natural. Used M1 like 2 years ago. Other than that havent touched any AAS.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 02:48:46 PM »
Yeah Im natural. Used M1 like 2 years ago. Other than that havent touched any AAS.

i personally think you are overtraining, but you won't know unless you take the volume back and the intensity

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 02:53:31 PM »
yeah ill back it off and see how things go. Im just a really impatient motherf*cker when it comes to this stuff. Plus ive never gotten deep into a lifting routine for months and months at a time. Id like to get into the routine and get some real dedication into it. Ive trained off and on for years. Im 5ft 7 215lbs, BF% I dunno prob 15+. Id like to see some good development this winter.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 02:57:44 PM »
what is your diet like?

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 03:04:32 PM »
right now its crap. But i was taking in like 240 grams of protein a day for about 6-7 weeks, taking mass supps then got the stomach flu lost 5 lbs.
heres what is looked like for the most part.

meal 1
Protein shake
75 grams
granola bar

meal 2

can of tuna

Meal 3
Steak Burrito

Meal 4
Shake
75 grams protein
granola bar

Meal 5
chicken breast/ pasta

Meal 6
tuna

Id snack i between with yogurt string cheese, and cottage cheeze whenever i felt my stomach grumbling. Im not the most accurate dieter obviously. I usually just eat big and lift hard and try to get as much protein as possible. 

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 03:09:27 PM »
theres probably a few areas to look at...

1. your diet may be off

2. increase doing arms twice a week if there being stubborn.

3. hit your triceps harder, u might be concentrating too much on just your bi's

4. switch it up to shock your bi's and tri's... high volume (reps ) one workout, next workout go heavy.... 

hope this kinda helped with everyone elses advise..

peace.......
pump'em dump'em

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 03:11:32 PM »
does the protein powder make you full?  cause if it doesn't you might want to think about backing it off and using more meat than protein powder...i did it not that long ago and the results were insane.  you get more protein spread out over more time!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 03:11:55 PM »
this may sound strange but try not training your arms for 3-4 weeks and see what happens...i'm serious.

i know alot of guys who never train arms directly and have great arms...look at Goudy on the natural board, i don't think he trains arms directly and he's built very well...

just food for thought...

8)

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 03:13:58 PM »
both are good points...

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »
Im not going to take the time to read this thread so this has already probably been said. But do basic exersises like dips and skulls for tris and barbell and dumbell curls for bis. and eat too.
bodybuildersreality.com

AVBG

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 04:10:05 PM »
Hammer curls are the answer.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 09:46:19 PM »
Thanks for the response guys, i thought i was gonna get a bunch of jerkass remarks about rereading past threads and doing research. Protein powder does not make me full, but at the same time its the most convenient for me at work. That and tuna fish. So thats what i eat, and chipotle burritos. ill try to just give it time back off the volume  and see what happens. Im getting into more of a powerlifting routine hitting stuff in sets of 5 reps to get my strength where i want it. Maybe that will help me shock my muscles a bit get them beefed up.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 09:55:40 PM »
Part of the problem might be I didn't see anything to deliver the protien to the cells.  After your workout you should take some dextrose along with your protien. Your current diet looked pretty clean, and thats great for toning, but if you want to put on mass you need to add dextrose to your diet.  Its cheap, ( $1 per pound  at your local brewing store )

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 01:48:08 AM »
Thanks for the response guys, i thought i was gonna get a bunch of jerkass remarks about rereading past threads and doing research. Protein powder does not make me full, but at the same time its the most convenient for me at work. That and tuna fish. So thats what i eat, and chipotle burritos. ill try to just give it time back off the volume  and see what happens. Im getting into more of a powerlifting routine hitting stuff in sets of 5 reps to get my strength where i want it. Maybe that will help me shock my muscles a bit get them beefed up.
from my experiance 5 x 5 works well on triceps

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 04:07:00 AM »
Dips, eventually with some extra weights,

closegrip pullups.

Dumbells and lever don't do much if you don't control the basics.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 05:59:11 AM »
I eat as few carbs as possible because i store fat way to easily to be taking in the suggested 2-3 grams per lb of bodyweight. If i did that id be more than big n bloated id be big n obese. Usually after my workout ill eat pretty big and drink some juice or a gatorade afterward or with my meal. Bulking is a pain in the ass for me like i said because of the added waterbloat i get from eating mass carbs/sodium so i just try and stick to the protein as much as possible. Ive been doing 5x5 lately to get my strength together ill see what itll do to my arms.