Author Topic: dorian yates poisng at MR OLYMPIA 1997 clip..  (Read 6954 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: dorian yates poisng at MR OLYMPIA 1997 clip..
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 10:52:18 AM »
Yates also had a much WIDER WAIST to go with less upper body muscle, which effected his taper compared with Coleman.

YATES SPORTING THE PATENTED "H-TAPER"

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 10:55:41 AM »
dude dorians arms looked like butthole.i cant beleive he got 6 winns with those arms . everything else was fantastic though.my arms are better than his even lee haney his pussy arms
Pithy & concise on both Yates & Haney. ;D

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 11:19:39 AM »
Pithy & concise on both Yates & Haney. ;D
yo pumpster who do you think had the shittiest arms haney or yates?
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 11:27:56 AM »
yo pumpster who do you think had the shittiest arms haney or yates?

At least Yates had ok sized tris, with great cuts. Haney's torso completely overpowered micro arms. He also had the only MM i've seen that was as bad or worse than Yates.

ND or SUCKY will post that Haney's arms were 20". Whatever they were was too small. :-\

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 11:46:37 AM »
A fucking monster. The greatest bodybuilder of all time. No cheap 'raising the roof' type theatrics for Doz. He rules supreme. Ronnie is nothing.

lol, what a comment. But hey, everyone is intitled to their own opinion.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 11:53:09 AM »
Dorian was actually alright in 1997. Hi best years were behind him but he held his own and with the majority of shots in his posing routing, his dodgy left arm didn't really come into play too much. He still beat Nasser in terms of condition but to be fair, I liked Nasser's overall look better that year and he was unlucky not to win.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 11:56:13 AM »
Totally unimpressed. Boring routine, monster (unsuccessful) attempt at hiding the arm tears, no muscle separation, his trademark "grainyness" seems gone, giant obliques and on top a big gut...
Other than that, Dorian was a great bodybuilder.

P.S. Nasser was robbed that year!

I'm not that impressed either. Since he tore his left bicep he should of stopped winning Olympia's, it's just the truth. He was good, but did not deserve to win all 6 Mr. O's. Had a gut this year also. But you have to admit, the guy was awesome before he tore his bicep.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 11:58:28 AM »
So much for aesthetics..hahahahahaha

Man, that's a gut. I guess he put the big gut thing in style. lol, like Sergio said, "Yates has a belly like a cow". True statement.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 12:03:42 PM »
Watch this vid of Ronnie in 2002  at his worst. Then watch the yates vid from 97 of doz at his worst. Night and day. At least Yates had the torn bi as an excuse. The 2002 video of Ronnie proves Yates gut was never anything close to what Ronnie was sporting in 2002. Irrefutable evidence. Not picture of guys caught at a bad time. Video.

You guys have a point when you argue lack of detail. But the gut shit is way off. Like midgets calling people short!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq8ad_2002

No one is saying that Coleman has no gut. He has a gut when he neglects to work his stomach. But atleast he didn't have "half" a bicep like yates.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 12:07:15 PM »
Yates also had a much WIDER WAIST to go with less upper body muscle, which effected his taper compared with Coleman.

YATES SPORTING THE PATENTED "H-TAPER"

that's a real H taper.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2006, 12:53:01 PM »
But you have to admit, the guy was awesome before he tore his bicep.

The tear argument's distracting & misleading-neither arm was above blah:

body88

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2006, 01:12:34 PM »
No one is saying that Coleman has no gut. He has a gut when he neglects to work his stomach. But atleast he didn't have "half" a bicep like yates.

Ronnie has a gut from the massive doses of Gh and insulin. Which caused his internal organs to grow. The difference now is he works hard to control it. Before he did not care. He could "work" his stomach 24 hours per day and have the exact same midsection. Ripped abs on top of a gh induced gut.You just proved you have no knowledge of bodybuilding. Ahaha that was the dumbest shit ever typed on Getbig!!!!!

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2006, 01:28:22 PM »
The tear argument's distracting & misleading-neither arm was above blah:

do we need to post this years pics of coleman.

where he tore his tri and lat - his 2 best bodyparts are now shit.

at least yates' arm were never his strong point where as with coleman's back and arms were his signatures.

are you a hypocrite with everything?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2006, 02:18:50 PM »
my god, Coleman looked like rotting dogshit in 2002. Way worse than Dorian in 1997.

Dorian never had a visible gut during his posing routine, much less when actually hitting a mandatory.

Now I will patiently wait for pumpster to post pictures backstage, and after yates has won the contest.

Problem for him is, there is irrefutably video of Dorian posing at his worst in 97 and Ronnie 30lbs smaller and Dorian had no visible distention compared to a beach ball for coleman :-X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2006, 02:46:01 PM »
You know I never seen his routine from 1997 and I just seen pics of the contest , I seen a few brief clips from 97 but he was much more impressive than pics let on , he was absolutely huge and dry but you could see the atrophy of his tricep clear, he look great in the front latspread , ab-thigh , side chest , side triceps and rear latspread , Nasser could beat him from the front but the sides and back forget it.

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2006, 03:05:43 PM »
I was wandering how/why he tore both the tri and bi??

ALso i am a fan of dorian, but compared to other body parts his chest doesnt look to great??

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »
I was wandering how/why he tore both the tri and bi??

ALso i am a fan of dorian, but compared to other body parts his chest doesnt look to great??

davie

His chest is fantastic when he was at his best.

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2006, 03:14:17 PM »
Wicked dry christmas tree also.  Saw him in person at a guest posing two weeks after the O in Orlando in 97.  Huge and Dry.
\

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2006, 05:41:18 PM »

thanks for posting an OFFSEASON shot of ronnie. 

WTF, what kind of offseason pic shows that level of cuts mass and conditioning? That is not an offseason pic, clearly demonstrates coleman making dorian look like hes little bitch.

body88

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2006, 05:47:48 PM »
WTF, what kind of offseason pic shows that level of cuts mass and conditioning? That is not an offseason pic, clearly demonstrates coleman making dorian look like hes little bitch.

You are correct about the picture not being in the offseason. But the video of doz clearly shows him at his worst looking way better than the video of Ronnie in 2002. In this argument Yates makes coleman his bitch.

Video does not lie lie. Ronnie looked extremely bad from all angles with his midsection showing in 02. Quit a disgrace actually. You can find picture of anyone with a gut. The video tells the true tale : (

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq8ad_2002

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2006, 05:50:29 PM »

You are correct about the picture not being in the offseason. But the video of doz clearly shows him at his worst looking way better than the video of Ronnie in 2002. In this argument Yates makes coleman his bitch.

I did watch the 2002 clip and ronnie does look terrible but would like to see him compared to the other competitors. If im not mistaken most of the contestants that year were off too?

body88

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2006, 05:52:25 PM »
I did watch the 2002 clip and ronnie does look terrible but would like to see him compared to the other competitors. If im not mistaken most of the contestants that year were off too?

I do not know. I was referring to the direct comparison if Yates and Coleman at there respective worst showings. I think at his start Ronnie possessed the greatest bodybuilding physique ever. The latter years is what I am referring to when I speak of him negatively.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2006, 05:54:44 PM »

I do not know. I was referring to the direct comparison if Yates and Coleman at there respective worst showings. I think at his start Ronnie possessed the greatest bodybuilding physique ever. The latter years is what I am referring to when I speak of him negatively.

Well I agree with you there :).

body88

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2006, 05:56:56 PM »
Well I agree with you there :).

In 1998- 99  Ronnie was fantastic. Just unreal. I admit it all the time.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2006, 08:42:59 PM »
In 1998- 99  Ronnie was fantastic. Just unreal. I admit it all the time.

of course he was.

Dorian  97 on the other hand, was huge, but did not look good at all.

that front double bi at the beginning is one of the worst I have ever seen overall.

he had wide lats, but piss poor arms, quads, chest - the usual yatesian flaws.

Flower Boy Ran Away