Author Topic: Serge Nubret is here  (Read 694407 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Serge Nubret is here
« Reply #525 on: January 04, 2007, 04:44:57 PM »
here's another version from Wikipedia - I don't know how reliable it is but I notice that it's different from the first version that was posted

This was on the American version of Wikipedia and then it changed but you can still see it if you do a Google search and then looked at the cached pages.  I have no clue of the accuracy of the some of the more provacative statements.  Serge can you clarify this?

This is a link to what appears to be the identical text as the cached wiki pages:  http://www.answers.com/topic/serge-nubret

---------------------------------------

Serge Nubret
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Serge Nubret

Serge Nubret on the cover of Muscle magazine
Born October 6, 1938
Guadaloupe
Serge Nubret (born October 6, 1938) is a former IFBB professional French bodybuilder.

Contents [hide]
1 Background
2 Bodybuilding titles
3 See also
4 External link

[edit] Background
Born to a working class family in Guadaloupe, Nubret moved to Paris in the 1950s. He discovered his love of iron in the northern Parisian district of Sarcelles where he worked part-time for the local greengrocer while funding his studies as an aspiring actor and sometime model. His father Franck, a nightclub doorman, instilled in his son a burning desire to succeed and be the best where he himself had failed. An unfortunate cycling accident had cut short his father's bodybuilding career years earlier.

Nubret's frustration at his inability to break onto the international bodybuilding scene led to increasingly erratic behaviour. Like so many ethnic youths living in the Sarcelles housing projects, this "behaviour" soon landed Nubret in a French prison. Serge says to this day that he is terribly ashamed of this dark period of his life.

Later he developed into one of the top professional bodybuilders of his day. He competed many times in the Mr. Olympia and placed as high as second. Serge Nubret was widely praised for having tremendous chest, and abdominal development. Today he is looked at as one of the iconic bodybuilders from the golden era of bodybuilding.

Nowadays, he makes his living delivering speeches to French school and college students on the potential dangers of delinquency. Indeed, as recently as October 2005, Nubret appeared on national television alongside Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy in an attempt to quell the rising uprest that flared throughout French towns and cities.

Although Nubret never shone in the iron pumping circuit as brightly as some of the later Adonises of the sport such as Lou Ferrigno and Arnold Schwarzenegger, he remains to this day an icon and inspiration to many younger budding French bodybuilders. He will remain one of the early trailblazers in this oft-maligned sport, championing the cause for those in lower socio-economic backgrounds. He has also featured in many bodybuilding and fitness articles, as well as appearing on the cover of MUSCLE magazine.

Serge can also be found helping users at BodyBuilding.com's IFBB Pro message boards, where he holds IFBB status.

[edit] Bodybuilding titles
1970 IFBB Mr. Europe (Tall)
1976 NABBA Pro Mr. Universe
1977 WBBG Mr. Olympia
1977 WBBG Pro Mr. World
1983 WABBA Pro World Championships

[edit] See also
List of professional bodybuilders
Pumping Iron

[edit] External link
History of the Olympia - Serge Nubret
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serge_Nubret"
Categories: French bodybuilders | Living people | 1938 births | Professional bodybuilders
ViewsArticle Discussion Edit this page History Personal toolsSign in / create account NavigationMain page
Community portal
Featured content
Current events
Recent changes
Random article
Help
Contact Wikipedia
Donations
Search    ToolboxWhat links here
Related changes
Upload file
Special pages
Printable version
Permanent link
Cite this article
In other languagesFrançais

This page was last modified 23:32, 31 December 2006. All text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License. (See Copyrights for details.)
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
Privacy policy About Wikipedia Disclaimers

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #526 on: January 07, 2007, 09:13:12 AM »
Hi everybody.

I am in London with my partner Frederic, I didn't post for several days. I will be back on wednesday

See you then

Serge

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #527 on: January 08, 2007, 08:50:03 AM »
Aloha, Serge, Many years back I had the opportunity to have a long talk with you while sitting on the seawall at Venice Beach. I forget the topics of our conversation but I have always appreciated and remarked about your candid and honest approach to all my questions about the bodybuilding and IFBB situation back then.

I have always felt that Arnold owns a lot of credit to Joe Gold and would not be where is is today if it wasn't for that early association.

But I also feel that many other other bodybuilding athletes (including yourself) were treated a bit unfairly due to that associaton. (Can you offer your comments on this subject?)

I also recall meeting Paco (last name forgotten) and I believe you introduced him to us at the old Golds in Santa Monica on 2nd street. I also had a decent conversation with him in the gym.

OK, good seeing you on here and I wish you much success in all your endeavors.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #528 on: January 08, 2007, 04:25:19 PM »
stuntmovie...sorry to say that paco is deceased nowdays.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #529 on: January 08, 2007, 04:58:02 PM »
Thanks, Slaveboy. I am sorry to hear that.

If memory serves me  right, Paco was the heir or founder of some major perfume empire and I believe I saw his name (Paco) on an expensive bottle of men's calogne recently.

Am I right in assuming that this connection is correct?

RIP, Paco.

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #530 on: January 09, 2007, 06:42:41 AM »
Aloha, Serge, Many years back I had the opportunity to have a long talk with you while sitting on the seawall at Venice Beach. I forget the topics of our conversation but I have always appreciated and remarked about your candid and honest approach to all my questions about the bodybuilding and IFBB situation back then.

I have always felt that Arnold owns a lot of credit to Joe Gold and would not be where is is today if it wasn't for that early association.

But I also feel that many other other bodybuilding athletes (including yourself) were treated a bit unfairly due to that associaton. (Can you offer your comments on this subject?)

I also recall meeting Paco (last name forgotten) and I believe you introduced him to us at the old Golds in Santa Monica on 2nd street. I also had a decent conversation with him in the gym.

OK, good seeing you on here and I wish you much success in all your endeavors.

I won't say unfairly, but not as well as if I will sign a contract withe Weider. Yes Paco pasted away 3 years ago.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #531 on: January 09, 2007, 06:46:50 AM »
Thanks, Slaveboy. I am sorry to hear that.

If memory serves me  right, Paco was the heir or founder of some major perfume empire and I believe I saw his name (Paco) on an expensive bottle of men's calogne recently.

Am I right in assuming that this connection is correct?

RIP, Paco.

Paco was the Owner of Elizabeth Arden for Spain, but the family business is the Laboratory LILY of Dianapolis, which is a very important one for chimical  and pharmacy products.

Serge

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #532 on: January 09, 2007, 06:52:52 AM »
I will not reveal his name but he is short and white and judging by his name could be related to a spaghetti manufacturer. He is in the start of the film then again half way through where he states something to Arnold. He is not a competitor in the Universe or Olympia that year.
The more I think about it the more I believe I should maybe write a book too. I could expose the world of bestiality, wife sharing, filmed group homosexual activities (especially at the post Mr Universe and Mr America parties) and other deviancies which went on within the organisation of the IFBB. You would not believe how many "macho heroes" would do such nancy activities. No wonder so many ex bodybuilders are now preachers, ministers or born again christians, they certainly have plenty to be ashamed about.

This misterious spaghetti manufacturer has to be Ed Giulianni . ;D
Train forever !

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #533 on: January 09, 2007, 07:17:59 AM »
Hey, Disgusted, those are a lot of sets for sure. How do you utilize the weight increments from set to set to keep the reps at 12 all the time, and STILL keeping the intensity as high as possible? I mean, do you use the same weight for all the 8 sets, not including the warm up sets? If so, how can you keep falling at the 12th rep EVERY TIME and with the maximum intensity being kept, not missing one rep?

Care to explain a little more of that? Thanks in advance.
Train forever !

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #534 on: January 09, 2007, 10:13:59 AM »
Hey, Disgusted, those are a lot of sets for sure. How do you utilize the weight increments from set to set to keep the reps at 12 all the time, and STILL keeping the intensity as high as possible? I mean, do you use the same weight for all the 8 sets, not including the warm up sets? If so, how can you keep falling at the 12th rep EVERY TIME and with the maximum intensity being kept, not missing one rep?

I told this answer bout 10 times already, so you have to find it.

Serge

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #535 on: January 09, 2007, 10:39:26 AM »

Serge

Some people are just dumbfounded when you (or anyone else including me) says that you just train with what feels right that day at that time. I always have people asking me questions about how much I lift, eat, sets, reps, routines and I always reply that I do what feels right at the time, nothing is planned out.
I

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #536 on: January 09, 2007, 11:27:19 AM »

Serge

I'm sorry, Serge, but i 've read every page of this thread and didn't find SPECIFICALLY the part where you adress your poundages to meet the 8 sets/12 reps per exercise cryteria and keeping the intensity at its maximum at all times, reaching failure at every set , at the 12 th rep.

If it won't cause you too much haressment, please, would you speak about it for the eleventh time?

Thanks in advance.
Train forever !

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #537 on: January 09, 2007, 12:49:03 PM »
Some people are just dumbfounded when you (or anyone else including me) says that you just train with what feels right that day at that time. I always have people asking me questions about how much I lift, eat, sets, reps, routines and I always reply that I do what feels right at the time, nothing is planned out.

You are right, we are all animals we use our instint

serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #538 on: January 09, 2007, 12:57:57 PM »
I'm sorry, Serge, but i 've read every page of this thread and didn't find SPECIFICALLY the part where you adress your poundages to meet the 8 sets/12 reps per exercise cryteria and keeping the intensity at its maximum at all times, reaching failure at every set , at the 12 th rep.

If it won't cause you too much haressment, please, would you speak about it for the eleventh time?

Thanks in advance.

I can put in my mind the weight i want, i can have any weight in the barre and have in my mind less or more weight that is realy, so in this way it is for me easier to go each time to failure.

Serge

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #539 on: January 10, 2007, 04:42:58 AM »
serge, what was the biggest muscular gain you ever saw on a person during one year training at your gym in france?

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #540 on: January 10, 2007, 10:31:41 AM »
serge, what was the biggest muscular gain you ever saw on a person during one year training at your gym in france?

Thierry PASTEL, and Edouardo KAWAK, from nothing they became World champion in one year.

Serge

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #541 on: January 10, 2007, 10:32:52 AM »
Thierry PASTEL, and Edouardo KAWAK, from nothing they became World champion in one year.

Serge
what was the secret ?
L

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #542 on: January 10, 2007, 10:53:48 PM »
what was the secret ?

NO secret, just my training program.

Serge

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #543 on: January 11, 2007, 05:57:22 AM »
NO secret, just my training program.

Serge
I will try it out to see for myself.
L

NOYT4ME

• Getbig II
  • THE REAL NI66A NOT THE FAKE NI66A!!!!
« Reply #544 on: January 11, 2007, 09:51:23 AM »
Mr. Nubret, when you will be coming back to the states? Mainly the west coast?
KEEP IT REAL!!!

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
Re: The Ultimate Bodybuilding Competition
« Reply #545 on: January 11, 2007, 11:01:11 AM »

Muscle Awards 2007

CONTEST INFORMATION

Athletes that are over 18 years old are invited to enter Serge Nubret Muscle Awards 2007 and to compete for seven first-prize packages, one for each category. Each first-prize package includes a trip to the Caribbean.

Category Criteria
Female Fitness No weight restrictions.
Female Figures No weight restrictions.
Female over 35 No weight restrictions. Must be 35 or over at the beginning of the contest.
Male Fitness Maximum weight (kg) <= height (cm) - 100 + 2.
Male Bodybuilding No weight restrictions.
Male over 50 No weight restrictions. Must be 50 or over at the beginning of the contest.
First Steps No weight restrictions. Male athletes who have never competed in any bodybuilding and/or fitness contest.

Contestants may submit their entries until November 1st, 2007.

Click here for more info:
http://www.sergenubret.com/muscleawards/

Hi Made in Montana,

Why did you post this contest here already, We will be ready realy by next month, but if you want some more informations, just let me know.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #546 on: January 11, 2007, 11:02:44 AM »
I will try it out to see for myself.

Be carefull if you try it you will adopt it for ever.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #547 on: January 11, 2007, 11:04:13 AM »
Mr. Nubret, when you will be coming back to the states? Mainly the west coast?

That is an invitation ?...

Serge

SilentMethod

• Getbig III
« Reply #548 on: January 11, 2007, 05:59:26 PM »
Serge, Son mon plessure pour vous rencontrer ici. Im AM un ventilateur de longue vie, et vous ont suivi pendant des années. Mes parents sont français mais je suis américain. Je voudrais beaucoup te parler ou vous rencontrer chez la personne si j'ai la chance. Vos principaux de bodybuilding sont phénoménaux.Mon rêve est à secousse jour votre main, et peut-être séance d'entraînement avec toi. Vous êtes avez aimé ici en Amérique. Si votre toujours dedans New York faites-le moi savoir ?
Votre ami
 Steve
U dont work, U dont eat
U dont grind, U dont Shine

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: January 11, 2007, 07:12:06 PM »

I did my second chest workout on Mon and my chest is still sore. In fact it is even more sore this time arould. The first time I just kinda kept the weight the same thru out all the sets. This time I went heavier the first couple of sets. I am not really sure that this mattered, but I can tell you that you get fatigued really quick. Like Serge said, weight does not really mean much. Don't let the weight use you, you need to control the weights!