Author Topic: Serge Nubret is here  (Read 693941 times)

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
Re: Serge Nubret is here
« Reply #825 on: March 14, 2007, 10:03:01 PM »
You don't know who Sergio is?  ???

Sergio is the one who is in the midle of the last photo.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #826 on: March 14, 2007, 10:06:56 PM »
Sergio is one of the all time best if not the best.

I am talking about the white guy.

Serge why is it that there are only 5 compeitors listed? Is there a story there?

1     Arnold Schwarzenegger
2     Sergio Oliva
3     Serge Nubret
4     Frank Zane
5     Franco Columbu

Normally in reality they were 6 competitors, but one was not wellknown at all so they always forget to say his name, He was KOROLEWISH.

Serge

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #827 on: March 15, 2007, 03:45:19 AM »
Normally in reality they were 6 competitors, but one was not wellknown at all so they always forget to say his name, He was KOROLEWISH.

Serge

when you got a line up like that there is a tendency to forget who else was there. ;)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #828 on: March 15, 2007, 02:16:29 PM »
Thank you Serge for the answers!
just push some weight!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #829 on: March 15, 2007, 07:51:07 PM »
haha great, mr nubret telling how it is. there where more than 5 competitors at that olympia.

they have to change the info on getbig.

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #830 on: March 19, 2007, 09:50:10 PM »
when you got a line up like that there is a tendency to forget who else was there. ;)

I never forget who was competing against me, because for me every competetor count.

Serge

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #831 on: March 20, 2007, 06:04:39 AM »
I never forget who was competing against me, because for me every competetor count.

Serge

cool answer and, again, very diplomatic. 8)

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #832 on: March 20, 2007, 07:09:20 AM »
Serge,

I think you had a fantastic physique but I am wondering one thing: why didn't you ever try to develop your legs more? I see that in 1975 (before the Mr. O) you'd gotten a much bigger upper body, but your legs were about the same. Did you feel that they were in perfect proportion and big enough? Did you not like training them?

Thanks!

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #833 on: March 21, 2007, 06:53:22 AM »
cool answer and, again, very diplomatic. 8)

Nothing to do with diplomatie, it is the true.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #834 on: March 21, 2007, 07:00:04 AM »
Serge,

I think you had a fantastic physique but I am wondering one thing: why didn't you ever try to develop your legs more? I see that in 1975 (before the Mr. O) you'd gotten a much bigger upper body, but your legs were about the same. Did you feel that they were in perfect proportion and big enough? Did you not like training them?

Thanks!

My legs was proportioned with my uper body, but it is only now that people eyes are so used to see big and not proportion legs compered to their upper dody, that every body today find that people who has propotioned legs, differently, that TOM PLATZ fault.

Serge

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #835 on: March 23, 2007, 11:10:16 AM »
My legs was proportioned with my uper body, but it is only now that people eyes are so used to see big and not proportion legs compered to their upper dody, that every body today find that people who has propotioned legs, differently, that TOM PLATZ fault.

Serge

I have to disagree with this. Again, I stress that I think you were a fantastic bodybuilder but, even back in the 70's, there were articles that said your legs were not fully up to par (and Arnold had the same comments - except in '74). I agree that today the quads (not calves) are too big on many bodybuilders but I do believe that your physique would have been perfect with just slightly larger legs and lats.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #836 on: March 23, 2007, 01:13:05 PM »
I have to disagree with this. Again, I stress that I think you were a fantastic bodybuilder but, even back in the 70's, there were articles that said your legs were not fully up to par (and Arnold had the same comments - except in '74). I agree that today the quads (not calves) are too big on many bodybuilders but I do believe that your physique would have been perfect with just slightly larger legs and lats.

I agree, if his legs (calves included) were a little bigger especially the hamstrings he would have looked much better next to the bigger guys. His back also needed some more thickness so as not to be dwarfed by the big guys. Either way he still came out with one of the most awe-inspiring physiques of all-time without even having to flex.
I

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #837 on: March 24, 2007, 02:51:01 AM »

That is your opinion and I am agree that every body has his own opinion as I do.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #838 on: March 24, 2007, 02:54:04 AM »

I agree, if his legs (calves included) were a little bigger especially the hamstrings he would have looked much better next to the bigger guys. His back also needed some more thickness so as not to be dwarfed by the big guys. Either way he still came out with one of the most awe-inspiring physiques of all-time without even having to flex.

I agree with everyting, but with all this I will perfect, but perfection does not exist.

Serge

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #839 on: March 24, 2007, 05:14:27 AM »

Serge
Hi serge ...I think u are one of the very few people to agree with the fact that todays legs are too big for the upper bodies...it started in the early 80's...and also the front thighs are too big compared with the hamstrings..and calves are too small.

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #840 on: March 24, 2007, 07:32:53 AM »
Serge,

Did you train Theirry Pastel? If so, what is he up to now?

leannmean

• Getbig II
« Reply #841 on: March 25, 2007, 07:33:32 AM »
That is your opinion and I am agree that every body has his own opinion as I do.

Serge

I thinks Serge's leg size is fine. Pretty proportional to his whole body, or else not so many people like us will think he has one of the top 3 most perfect physique of all time. Look again at the picture where Sergio did the arms overhead with another 4-5 bodybuilders walking away from stage picture. See who is the one with swimmer hamstrings and legs. Definitely not Serge.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #842 on: March 25, 2007, 04:41:39 PM »
I thinks Serge's leg size is fine. Pretty proportional to his whole body, or else not so many people like us will think he has one of the top 3 most perfect physique of all time. Look again at the picture where Sergio did the arms overhead with another 4-5 bodybuilders walking away from stage picture. See who is the one with swimmer hamstrings and legs. Definitely not Serge.

i don't know about 'swimmer's', but serge's hams were pretty average, calves ok, quads good, waist and abs unbelievable, pecs and arms awesome.

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #843 on: March 25, 2007, 11:19:19 PM »
Hi serge ...I think u are one of the very few people to agree with the fact that todays legs are too big for the upper bodies...it started in the early 80's...and also the front thighs are too big compared with the hamstrings..and calves are too small.

Now in every contest, if you don't have very huge leg you must forget it. They forget about proportions what a pitty.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #844 on: March 25, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
Serge,

Did you train Theirry Pastel? If so, what is he up to now?

Thierry started in my gym in Paris. He has his own successfull gym now.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #845 on: March 25, 2007, 11:23:09 PM »

Thank you.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #846 on: March 25, 2007, 11:24:19 PM »
i don't know about 'swimmer's', but serge's hams were pretty average, calves ok, quads good, waist and abs unbelievable, pecs and arms awesome.

Thank you.

Serge

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #847 on: March 27, 2007, 04:48:20 PM »
Now in every contest, if you don't have very huge leg you must forget it. They forget about proportions what a pitty.

Serge
So true Serge. I imagine the pros of your day didn't have to waddle when you walked due to oversized leg development. You guys actually looked like you could run and perform reasonably athletic movements.
!

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #848 on: March 27, 2007, 10:30:38 PM »
So true Serge. I imagine the pros of your day didn't have to waddle when you walked due to oversized leg development. You guys actually looked like you could run and perform reasonably athletic movements.

That means today's athletes cannot do that?...What a pitty then.

Serge

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #849 on: March 28, 2007, 02:20:09 AM »
Serge did you do any kinds of athletics before or after you got into bodybuilding?
I