Author Topic: Serge Nubret is here  (Read 694224 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: Serge Nubret is here
« Reply #1125 on: October 16, 2007, 10:05:10 AM »
in fairness to slaveboy i don't think he means any disrespect or to irritate.

the fact is, many many people, including marines, boxers, etc do thousands of reps daily and DON'T have a midsection like serge and the contemporary literature on ab training indicates that abs are like any other muscle in the body ie increased intensity = more development and it is impossible to have increased intensity if you are doing thousands of reps every day. let me put it this way, the guy who has the world record for most amount of crunches in 24hrs really DOESN'T have impressive abs.

having said that, it is very hard to argue with proof and when it comes to proof i sincerely believe that serge has the best midsection i've ever seen (well, actually i can think of thousands of people that have more impressive midsections but those people are of the fairer sex and they are more impressive in a different way).

if serge says that he did it that way i would be a fool to doubt him but i don't believe for a second that if anyone simply did exactly what serge did they would have abs like his. maybe if you were born with his genes (mental, physical and spiritual) and lived exactly alike, but as my father used to say, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

my advice to slaveboy: serge is a living legend. that's not even disputable and if you don't believe so, maybe you should have a quick look at just how many people read what he has to say. why don't you start a slaveboy thread and see how it compares. ;) :-[

no offence at all slaveboy. i agree with much of what you have to say and often do, but sometimes it's just better to forget what you've read from the pages of muscle and fitness or flex (which is mostly written by podgy old men with a penchant for avoiding training) and just read, learn and absorb what this great man has to say and then draw your conclusions (albeit in a more appropriate forum).

Made in Montana - your contributions on this board are greatly appreciated as always. what you provide for us here is absolutely pure gold. i know you may get offended sometimes by apparent disrespect but understand that jesus christ himself won't be getting any leadway here on getbig and you'll save yourself some stress. ;)

serge nubret - the one and only. you are all class. when in doubt about how much your time is appreciated here simply look at the views. i can't help thinking that the fact that this thread is not a sticky has more to do with some misguided BROWN NOSING loyalty to weider than anything else.

god bless you mr nubret.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #1126 on: October 16, 2007, 10:25:25 AM »

the fact is, many many people, including marines, boxers, etc do thousands of reps daily and DON'T have a midsection like serge and the contemporary literature on ab training indicates that abs are like any other muscle in the body ie increased intensity = more development and it is impossible to have increased intensity if you are doing thousands of reps every day. let me put it this way, the guy who has the world record for most amount of crunches in 24hrs really DOESN'T have impressive abs.

having said that, it is very hard to argue with proof and when it comes to proof i sincerely believe that serge has the best midsection i've ever seen (well, actually i can think of thousands of people that have more impressive midsections but those people are of the fairer sex and they are more impressive in a different way).

if serge says that he did it that way i would be a fool to doubt him but i don't believe for a second that if anyone simply did exactly what serge did they would have abs like his. maybe if you were born with his genes (mental, physical and spiritual) and lived exactly alike, but as my father used to say, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

my advice to slaveboy: serge is a living legend. that's not even disputable and if you don't believe so, maybe you should have a quick look at just how many people read what he has to say. why don't you start a slaveboy thread and see how it compares. ;) :-[

no offence at all slaveboy. i agree with much of what you have to say and often do, but sometimes it's just better to forget what you've read from the pages of muscle and fitness or flex (which is mostly written by podgy old men with a penchant for avoiding training) and just read, learn and absorb what this great man has to say and then draw your conclusions (albeit in a more appropriate forum).

Made in Montana - your contributions on this board are greatly appreciated as always. what you provide for us here is absolutely pure gold. i know you may get offended sometimes by apparent disrespect but understand that jesus christ himself won't be getting any leadway here on getbig and you'll save yourself some stress. ;)

serge nubret - the one and only. you are all class. when in doubt about how much your time is appreciated here simply look at the views. i can't help thinking that the fact that this thread is not a sticky has more to do with some misguided BROWN NOSING loyalty to weider than anything else.

god bless you mr nubret.

you have often good posts  beast. but dont assume too much about me....

as i think serge is one of the best bodybuilders ever to grace the earth (you should read the whole thread and you will know)

and the things i write about isnt something i read in flex .it has been applied in real life by me and many others.

serge would have had as good abs if he had done abs 2 times a week using cable crunches for example...

once again: there is no need to do 100-1000 situps per day if your a bodybuilder. do 2-3 sets 8-20 (weighted or non weighted) of abs...1-3 times per week. avoid direct oblique work.

often when successfull bodybuilders give advice something that i call "factor confusion" happens. lemme explain:

mr X (successfull bb) does A+B+C....and got great results.  while in reality it was only factor A that gave the good results. B+C are never questioned tho....eventho they were totally unnecessary. so people do a+b+c when in reality all they need to do i A.

many many bodybuilders have got very good abs without even doing direct ab work (because heavy compound exercise work the abs too)
do i advice zero ab work?

no..i advice direct ab work...and that you should view abs (almost) as other muscles groups. if abs get to big from weighted ab work..dont increase the weights.

serge was great and i have huge respect for the guy...but everyone and everything should be questioned. if not..pseudo bullshit will rule...

and in bb pseudo bullshit has prevailed for many years (just take a look at the old weider bs...weider principles etc..)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1127 on: October 16, 2007, 10:59:51 AM »

as i think serge is one of the best bodybuilders ever to grace the earth (you should read the whole thread and you will know)

and the things i write about isnt something i read in flex .it has been applied in real life by me and many others.

serge would have had as good abs if he had done abs 2 times a week using cable crunches for example...

once again: there is no need to do 100-1000 situps per day if your a bodybuilder. do 2-3 sets 8-20 (weighted or non weighted) of abs...1-3 times per week. avoid direct oblique work.

often when successfull bodybuilders give advice something that i call "factor confusion" happens. lemme explain:

mr X (successfull bb) does A+B+C....and got great results.  while in reality it was only factor A that gave the good results. B+C are never questioned tho....eventho they were totally unnecessary. so people do a+b+c when in reality all they need to do i A.

many many bodybuilders have got very good abs without even doing direct ab work (because heavy compound exercise work the abs too)

no..i advice direct ab work...and that you should view abs (almost) as other muscles groups. if abs get to big from weighted ab work..dont increase the weights.

serge was great and i have huge respect for the guy...but everyone and everything should be questioned. if not..pseudo bullshit will rule...

and in bb pseudo bullshit has prevailed for many years (just take a look at the old weider bs...weider principles etc..)

agreed on assumptions i have made and the prevalence of bullshit in bbing.

having said that, i believe you are also making assumptions about serge.

you say you have seen your methods work. i have no doubt about that, but maybe serge has seen his methods work also, particularly on himself.

to say that serge could have gotten similar results with what would constitute 10 mins training 2wice a week makes a lot of assumptions about the man (not least of which being that he has zero insight on what works for his own body and what doesn't) and, when it comes to the individual you're talking about, that is one very very rich assumption to make.

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1128 on: October 16, 2007, 12:12:20 PM »
Ha ha, nice one. Most of your posts are great slaveboy but man you must have huge balls to challenge Serge Nubret on Ab training!!! Im on my fourth day only of doing abs every day and they are ALREADY tighter, much more visible and the little amount of fat I have over the top of them does feel softer and looser as if no longer attached to the muscle below!!! Strange but true. ALSO hit chest within 3 days this AM when still sore - Felt the muscle working more, soreness has gone and will return to them again in another 3 days. Many thanks Serge for your great advice. It may be different to todays way of thinking BUT I have no doubts I will get the results Im looking for - How is your training going this year since your long lay off ??

Everything is Ok i start to train hard again, i have already reached 52 cm arms, soon i hope 54, still about 10 kg of fat to loose, but for spring everything will be perfect, i am going to Italy for a long TOUR.

Serge Nubret
http://www.sergenubret.com
http://www.sergenubret.com/muscleawards
http://www.sergenubret.com/personaltrainer

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1129 on: October 16, 2007, 12:21:56 PM »

god bless you mr nubret.

Thank you BEAST, for everything you said here, I was with Made in Montana on the phone this morning, and I told her after i read what she posted earlier, i just told her what you just said to her here, i need to have people who want to chalenge me, if not this thread won't be interesting.

Serge Nubret

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1130 on: October 16, 2007, 12:31:48 PM »

Slaveboy i think that you did not read my answer, I never told you that i do 2000 situps to have abds, i told you i do that to be in good health and be able to eat what want, without dieting, it's why I am still there after 50 years of training. I told you too that abds is not exactly like others muscles, because if you work any other muscle for hours and hours you will not have results, but with abds yes.

Serge Nubret

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #1131 on: October 17, 2007, 12:08:32 AM »
Everything is Ok i start to train hard again, i have already reached 52 cm arms, soon i hope 54, still about 10 kg of fat to loose, but for spring everything will be perfect, i am going to Italy for a long TOUR.

Serge Nubret

Amazing! Be sure to post pics and Im sure we'd all love to read the exact training and eating routine that you are using to hit your peak for the spring?

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #1132 on: October 17, 2007, 04:28:21 AM »
Thank you Serge...and Beast, I appreciate what you wrote. When I talk to Serge about training advice he gives others, we talk about the forums. I mentioned that some here (not you Beast because you show respect, but a few others at times) do not seem to realize Serge's well-built physique was 6 times World Champion, has won many other medals, trophies, titles and awards, has been on magazines, newspapers, posters, flyers, billboards, videos and movie screens years before they were even born. They give him training advice talking down to him as if his 50 years of experience isn't enough--even though they are afraid to post a single picture of themselves so that we can compare training results.

Serge told me he didn't mind if someone challenged his advice because it gets people thinking about training anyway. I don't mind either, but I consider HOW it is done and think it would be more effective to say, "Here's what I do and here's the results I get" and show a picture, then tell a legend that he's wrong when Serge has proof with his photos. That's just my opinion.

Someone had asked me if this was the 1971 Mr. Olympia contest or the Mr. Universe contest that you organized here, Serge, when you gave Arnold the trophy. I could respond, but because he reads this thread I would like you to if you would please because I think some others may find it interesting.

The reason Serge is here is to pass the baton...to you guys.  His vision of balance, symmetry and artistic beauty are part of the total vision. Thank you to those who post respectfully. Serge Nubret is a bodybuilding legend and deserves the same consideration in return for what he shows to everyone here.

Art by Pascale Nubret

i can only speak for myself, but i have in no way been disrespectful to serge.., you dont seem to know what the word respect means made in montana? (im sure the same can be claimed of me...guess i have another definition of the word) Like i said many times i have huge respect for serge, but i dont believe in everything he says just because he is mr nubret. It is very dangerous when respect turns into hero worship and to not critically evaluating information regardless where it comes from.

If you cant take being questioned, do not post on here or online. (i very much hope serge will continue posting on here tho!)

As for serges training routine etc : i think serge poured water into an empty glass and continued pouring water in the glass when it was full...in other words, what serge did worked for him, but he did alot of unnecessary things (kept pouring water in the full glass). This is not uncommon for someone who loves his sport as much as serge does..he loved training so i understand him. But the reason its important to point out that he did too much is because so the guys who arent as genetically gifted as serge, or use drugs like he did, or cant train several hours per day realize this is not needed to build an impressive physique, in fact its not the most efficient method.

many roads lead to rome, some are better than others and some only open for the genetically gifted and/or aas users.

the natural road must be more efficient or you will never reach rome, for surely its longer.

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1133 on: October 17, 2007, 06:24:17 AM »
Amazing! Be sure to post pics and Im sure we'd all love to read the exact training and eating routine that you are using to hit your peak for the spring?

Always the same thing, about 40 sets for each body part except for arms, only 16 sets.

Serge Nubret

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1134 on: October 17, 2007, 06:51:15 AM »
Thank you Serge...and Beast, I appreciate what you wrote. When I talk to Serge about training advice he gives others, we talk about the forums. I mentioned that some here (not you Beast because you show respect, but a few others at times) do not seem to realize Serge's well-built physique was 6 times World Champion, has won many other medals, trophies, titles and awards, has been on magazines, newspapers, posters, flyers, billboards, videos and movie screens years before they were even born. They give him training advice talking down to him as if his 50 years of experience isn't enough--even though they are afraid to post a single picture of themselves so that we can compare training results.

Serge told me he didn't mind if someone challenged his advice because it gets people thinking about training anyway. I don't mind either, but I consider HOW it is done and think it would be more effective to say, "Here's what I do and here's the results I get" and show a picture, then tell a legend that he's wrong when Serge has proof with his photos. That's just my opinion.

Someone had asked me if this was the 1971 Mr. Olympia contest or the Mr. Universe contest that you organized here, Serge, when you gave Arnold the trophy. I could respond, but because he reads this thread I would like you to if you would please because I think some others may find it interesting.

The reason Serge is here is to pass the baton...to you guys.  His vision of balance, symmetry and artistic beauty are part of the total vision. Thank you to those who post respectfully. Serge Nubret is a bodybuilding legend and deserves the same consideration in return for what he shows to everyone here.

Art by Pascale Nubret

Thank you A....Oups!... Made in Montana, I was going to call you by your real name.

Yes this photo with Arnold was in Paris in 1971 when I was the organizer of the IFBB Mr.Universe and Mr.Olympia, which Arnold won easilly, because Sergio could not compete as he competed one week before in the NABBA Mr.Universe in London, so he was suspended from the IFBB, but as i put his pucture on the contest's poster, I asked him to guest pose, first he did not want, because he did not know me, it was the first time we met, it was in London during this NABBA Mr.Universe, where Bill Pearl beat him, so it is why he did not want to guest pose, he was so desapointed, and I did undestood that, but as I want to please the french spectators, I found a way to oblige him to come to Paris, but that's another story, that maybe I will tell one day.

Ben Weider who is the IFBB president did not want that Sergio guest pose, told me / SERGIO CANNOT GUEST POSE BECAUSE HE IS SUSPENDED FROM THE FEDERATION, But one month before he asked me the same favor for Arnold. So after about 15 minutes discusion, i had to tell weider : IF SERGIO CANNOT GUEST POSE, I WILL CANCEL THE CONTEST AND GIVE EVERY BODY BACK THEIR TICKET MONEY. So that the way Sergio finally guest posed, untill know I never told Sergio about that. All those story will be in my AUTOBIOGRAPHY BOOK. And more.
Weider Asked to give Joe the price money, for him to give Arnold on stage, I refused, because that was my own money, and I did not want that people think that Weider gave the price money from his pocket, as he always let people think. Specially when he refused to sponsor the show.

Serge Nubret

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #1135 on: October 17, 2007, 06:54:44 AM »
Always the same thing, about 40 sets for each body part except for arms, only 16 sets.

Serge Nubret

You're the man.

You and Jean Francois, our other Frenchman on this board.
As empty as paradise

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1136 on: October 17, 2007, 07:02:41 AM »
You're the man.

You and Jean Francois, our other Frenchman on this board.
Agreed, Still can't believe that Ron hasn't given this thread its own place ...

leannmean

• Getbig II
« Reply #1137 on: October 17, 2007, 07:35:47 AM »
I want to buy poster of Serge in the above sculpter layout. Also the last black and white pic. Can Serge made those available in his site. 16" by 20" size at least. These are inspiring pictures.

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1138 on: October 17, 2007, 07:39:19 AM »
I want to buy poster of Serge in the above sculpter layout. Also the last black and white pic. Can Serge made those available in his site. 16" by 20" size at least. These are inspiring pictures.
I run a print firm for a living, so Serge if you need any help with this just shout. I'll quote you "Mates Rates" !!  :)

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1139 on: October 17, 2007, 11:00:40 AM »

About the "sculpter layout" I have to ask my daughter who did it an have "all right reserve." About the last one, the pixel his not so good.

Serge Nubret

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1140 on: October 17, 2007, 11:02:33 AM »
I run a print firm for a living, so Serge if you need any help with this just shout. I'll quote you "Mates Rates" !!  :)

I want to know more about it. THANKS.

Serge Nubret

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1141 on: October 18, 2007, 12:37:41 AM »

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #1142 on: October 18, 2007, 12:49:23 AM »

Serge Nubret

How can I find some guidelines to train by your method for an offseason ?

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1143 on: October 18, 2007, 01:27:54 AM »
How can I find some guidelines to train by your method for an offseason ?

I don't have offseason.

Serge Nubret

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1144 on: October 18, 2007, 01:36:43 AM »
Good Morning Serge - I have sent a PM with details. www.pdsprinting.co.uk

I just sent you a PM where you will have my e-mail address.

Serge Nubret

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1145 on: October 18, 2007, 02:22:45 AM »
I noticed..I want to gain muscle during a 9 month offseason...and I wanted to try to train using your methods . I do not know where to start or what to do ....the only thing I decided on is to try and everymorning when I wake up I'll try doing slowly up to 1 hour or situps. Even those I do not know if u do them like cruches ( short ) of sit ups (long ) . I will show u a picture or 2 just so u know what I look like...this is me at 82 kg , 1'80" ...right now I HAVE 91 kg with some fat .

You will find my methode some where in this thread, maybe someone here can tell you which page to find it. Follow it exactly, and I guaranty you results. By the ways why you want to look like you look on the last picture, you must gain muscle and not fat, you will be able to do that with my methode.

Serge Nubret

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #1146 on: October 18, 2007, 02:30:33 AM »
You will find my methode some where in this thread, maybe someone here can tell you which page to find it. Follow it exactly, and I guaranty you results. By the ways why you want to look like you look on the last picture, you must gain muscle and not fat, you will be able to do that with my methode.

Serge Nubret

Exactly ...however I guess I'm more interested in the diet you'd recommend also in training...

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1147 on: October 18, 2007, 02:34:25 AM »
Slave, where are your pictures? We're still waiting to compare your abs to Serge's. Your response to a request for proof of your theories: "if you cant take being questioned, do not post on here or online."  I don't mind anyone having an opinion. If you don't like when I comment about HOW something is said, maybe you should consider that when you post.

Re: your definition of respect--you post in the history forum repeatedly that Steve Reeves was an "insecure narcissistic drug user" (and more)--all of it untrue. You never even met him, so you lose credibility running him down. Steve was natural, generous, considerate, won every bodybuilding title that existed when he competed, was the biggest box office movie star/highest paid actor in the world in 1959, so you are ridiculous to write dishonest, rude and disrespectful things about people you don't know.

"Hero worship" and "critically evaluating information" are not mutually exclusive. It's possible to be respectful while asking questions. If you think you have a better way, then step up to the plate and prove it to us by showing pictures. If you look better than Serge, we would love to see it.

What?....He critized Steve REEVE?...no way, for me Steve was and will stay the one and the only one in the bodybuilding world. I started bodybuilding because of Steve when I saw some movie of him. This guy was perfect, and i had the privilage to know him very well, he came to Paris invited by me. When went to Spain, Italy, Belgium together and a few year later i came to visit me in my country GUADELOUPE. So just to tell here that Steve was an example for millions young kids, no one in the world brought more people to this sport that Steve, even not Arnold.

Serge Nubret

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1148 on: October 18, 2007, 02:35:13 AM »
Exactly ...however I guess I'm more interested in the diet you'd recommend also in training...

Page 8 for the Training Routine. Do NOT be pre-conditioned before you try it. Ive just completed my first week of it as listed ( some exercises different and fewer sets at the moment - basically 30mins per bodypart working FAST ) and after 23 years of training It has really fired me up. Training whilst still sore has helped me feel the muscles more and I already look fuller and tighter - seriously. The daily ab training for the last 6 days has taken an inch off my waste already and my abs are smaller, harder and more defined ( and thats after dropping ALL aerobic exercise too!! ). GO FOR IT

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1149 on: October 18, 2007, 02:36:45 AM »

You should take some time and read the all thread, i wrote everything you asking me there.

Serge Nubret