Author Topic: Enough for shoulders?  (Read 880 times)

kcklassic

• Getbig II
Enough for shoulders?
« on: December 03, 2006, 08:37:01 PM »
currently doing everything onces a week but stuck in a plateua and gettin bored, im going to try out the push/pull method to switch things up for awhile and go back to the basics been slackin a little latley, do you think this would be enough for shoulders? or any body part for that matter. thanks in advance...

sunday-legs
monday-push
tuesday-pull
wednesday-off
thursday-push
friday-pull
saturday-off

pushing days will include:flat bench, incline bench, arnold presses or dumbell press, dips, lateral raises
pulling days will include: wide grip chins, close grip chins, deadlifts, rows, barbell curls
legs-squats, front squats, leg press, leg extension, some calve work

tell me what ya think

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: Enough for shoulders?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 04:55:47 AM »
Seems a bit vague. You're implying there that you're going to be training back and chest twice a week - overtraining in my opinion.

Personally I don't rate the push/pull method too much - it isn't any better or any worse than other types of training splits.

By all means stick to the basics and work on your strength through those exercises but split the whole body up into one week's worth of training. Try not to train the same bodypart directly more than once a week.

My training split to give you an example (I haven't changed this in about five years and I still get results)

Monday: Quads, Hams, Calves.
Tuesday: Chest, Biceps, Abs
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Delts, Traps, Triceps
Friday: Back, Abs.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 07:32:36 AM »
If its what it looks like and your training things twice a week then its overtraining.

My workout is the following and it works for me and a lot of guys I know.

Monday  Chest, tris
Tuesday cardio abs
Wed Back, bis
Thur.  Legs
Frida Shoulders abs

kcklassic

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 12:10:05 PM »
yes i would be doing everything twice a week, i have done it before when i first started lifting and got great results, i got some ideas from the arnold enyclopedia but he recommends everything twice a week and shoulders right after your chest day, i think that would be overtraining thats why i wanted to combine all the pressing into one day and do it twice a week as same with back and bi's, im happy with my leg size so ill continue once a week ive tried legs twice a week just didnt feel rested enough...

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 02:02:49 PM »
be very wary of Arnie's encyclopedia.   Massive overtraining if you follow his program to a T and aren't juiced.   If yo uare doing everything twice a week i wouldnt recommend giong to faillure as much.  Although there are more qualified people on here, just my opinion.
Valhalla awaits.