Author Topic: HIT  (Read 858 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
HIT
« on: December 06, 2006, 08:23:35 AM »
how does HIT work exactly?

Could someone give me their sample workout? I've been looking around through the searches and websites to see if I'm understanding it right.  You basically do your normal routines to failure with no rest between sets? Or have I misunderstood? I've been doing the M&F style of workouts that I've seen in the mag's for awhile and I'm not seeing much difference than when I started 6 months ago.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: HIT
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 08:30:06 AM »
Read through the sticky at the top of the training page.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 05:56:21 AM »
Is it impractical to hit each bodypart twice a week in this method? The way I feel the day after in comparison to my older training methods is significantly different. Unfortunately the sticky has yet to open properly for me.  I read figg's training log as well and it seems to be missing a few parts that I had questions too.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 06:06:28 AM »
Is it impractical to hit each bodypart twice a week in this method? The way I feel the day after in comparison to my older training methods is significantly different. Unfortunately the sticky has yet to open properly for me.  I read figg's training log as well and it seems to be missing a few parts that I had questions too.

I believe in training at least twice weekly, both because the muscle doesn't generally require more than 2-3 days recovery and because the muscle starts to slide backwards after recovery if not worked again, in the opinion of others (I agree).

Try a second workout anywhere from 4-5 days after the first one. The best guages are soreness and overall energy-if you're not sore and your energy has returned, try it.

Keep in mind that initially there will be more soreness and tiredness, until the body aclimates to the new system in a couple of weeks; the initial feeling should go away.

The sticky should open, did for me; PM a mod to see what can be done.