Author Topic: CORTISONE AND FAT GAIN  (Read 2282 times)

spiderman405

• Getbig II
CORTISONE AND FAT GAIN
« on: December 08, 2006, 09:39:42 AM »
will one cortisone shot in the spine make me gain fat?

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: CORTISONE AND FAT GAIN
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 04:31:12 AM »
I thought cortisol was a catabolic hormone. So then if anything wouldn't it break down fat, I would worry more about my cartilidge if I were you. I wouldn't trust a physio to give me a cortisol shot unless I had got my own MRI and shown it to another consultant preferably one who has nothing to gain by prolonging my injury or by bringing it to a premature close at the cost of a long term performance decrement (ideally speak to a qualified freind or family member) and had a second opinion from him.

One final piece of advice, if your physio was an athlete or bodybuilder (recreational or otherwise) whoose career was ended by injury sack him the second you come by this information! Why?

1) The same principle as "never trust a bald barbour he has no respect for your hair".

2) If he couldn't prevent his own injury how in the blue hell do you expect him to be able to fix yours?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 05:26:04 AM »
I thought cortisol was a catabolic hormone.

He's asking about cortisone, not cortisol

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 06:25:01 AM »
They are basicly the same chemical. 1 is natural in the body I believe, other manmade.
Catabolic yes. Anti-inflamitory. Long term use can actualy eat up bone! They like to charge a lot for these shots. BMW pmts you know.
If you can, get a well respected back surgon to look at your x-Rays & MRIs. A guy whos is known
NOT to Cut unless he has very good reason to. Get his opinion on the indications or lack of for the shots.
15 min w/ a guy like that could run > $1000. Just so you know if no insh. Good luck.