Author Topic: To make muscles grow  (Read 5825 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: To make muscles grow
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2006, 11:21:03 AM »
yes this def works hoever its not really muscle groth. more capillarisation

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »
i dont know if youre kidding or not but what you said about HIT training is false. try it out one day, its INSANE!!

He's not kidding, he's being completely irrational.

See, I have to argue HIT when I should be bathing my dog hahaha.

yes this def works hoever its not really muscle groth. more capillarisation

Capillarisation isn't an existing word in the english language, but HIT works, trust me on that!!
~

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2006, 11:33:37 AM »
Some of the animosity between Mentzer & Schwarzenegger was due to the fact that Schwarzenegger resented the publicity Mentzer's new HIT was getting.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2006, 11:35:10 AM »
Quote from: nodeal on Today at 02:15:44 PM
i dont know if youre kidding or not but what you said about HIT training is false. try it out one day, its INSANE!!

Unless he was led through it with an experienced training partner i'm quite sure he would stop well before he's supposed to, but would assume that he's done it correctly.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2006, 12:13:41 PM »
Nodeal is my training partner.  ;D

The ONLY other crazy bastard I know who could train true HIT!
~

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2006, 05:25:15 PM »

He would put everything into each and every set!
this is what i was referring to. i dont know of this "fundamental diffference" pumpster refers to.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2006, 06:54:48 PM »
I do believe that sum1 sed in the 1st page of this thread that they could take the same intensity of true HIT and apply it to 20 sets, that is absolutely impossible!!

I respect alexx for his dedication to his training, and the time he puts in!! But saying HIT is for girly men is crazy, alexx with ur dedication bro, u should try HIT and kill urself in the gym.  I have modified it slightly and am ever perfecting it and i think u could be a HIT pioneer with ur determination if u only wanted to be.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2006, 07:05:08 PM »
Nodeal is my training partner.  ;D

The ONLY other crazy bastard I know who could train true HIT!

Why do you talk like you're the only one on the planet who can actually train that way? Shut the fuck up about it.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2006, 09:06:02 PM »
I do believe that sum1 sed in the 1st page of this thread that they could take the same intensity of true HIT and apply it to 20 sets, that is absolutely impossible!!

I respect alexx for his dedication to his training, and the time he puts in!! But saying HIT is for girly men is crazy, alexx with ur dedication bro, u should try HIT and kill urself in the gym.  I have modified it slightly and am ever perfecting it and i think u could be a HIT pioneer with ur determination if u only wanted to be.

davie

Hey thanks davie for the kind words. I am actually going back to DC training. I like DC much better because you train your muscles more often and much harder with maximum weights. That is a true power program!
just push some weight!

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2006, 12:08:18 AM »
Why do you talk like you're the only one on the planet who can actually train that way? Shut the f**k up about it.

it depends on what gym you go to, but in most gyms training HIT style is on a whole other level from everybody elses workouts and you hardly see anybody imploring these principles of intensity. it really does make you feel like youre the only person training this way even though you know youre really not. calm your tits.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2006, 05:39:58 AM »
Why do you talk like you're the only one on the planet who can actually train that way? Shut the f**k up about it.

What has he done but share detailed results? Doing this program as intended's not that common.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2006, 09:39:41 AM »
What has he done but share detailed results? Doing this program as intended's not that common.
it depends on what gym you go to, but in most gyms training HIT style is on a whole other level from everybody elses workouts and you hardly see anybody imploring these principles of intensity. it really does make you feel like youre the only person training this way even though you know youre really not. calm your tits.

Thanks guys.

nodeal is really the only other person I know who trains this way. We stand alone in our gym, our HUGE and very professional gym. There's thousands of members to our gym and we can honestly claim to be the hardest training members out of them all.

Also, I train high school students in my weight training class in school and I'll try to push these guys to do a HIT workout, and none of them can get through it!

So it really does seem to me that I'm one of the only people training this way.
~

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2006, 09:56:19 AM »
Agreed but that kind of high volume's not necessary, there's obviously middle ground of moderate sets using high intensity, though not the degree of intensity put into HIT sets.

Exactly.  Why are people roped into such extremes?  I try to use a blend.

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2006, 09:58:01 AM »
I understand hit is for girlie man that are afraid to use freeweights. I also understand that there has been a legion of bodybuilders past or present that tried to keep up with Arnold but they would brake down half way through. Arnold used to train 8 hours a day with intensity. Mentzer would not last 5 minutes.
Alexxx, with all due respect, I love Arnold, but to say his intensity each set was that of Mentzer's is false. Arnold had a wicked drive in the gym for volume training, with moderate intensity, but not high intensity. That's the point of real HIT training, and that's why it is so low volume, because it really is impossible to carry that true intensity applied HIT style past a few all out sets.
CEA999

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2006, 10:03:15 AM »
I won't say one is better than the other for building muscle but I think Volume is better for a functional physique that needs endurance.
Squishy face retard

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2006, 03:35:35 PM »
Hey thanks davie for the kind words. I am actually going back to DC training. I like DC much better because you train your muscles more often and much harder with maximum weights. That is a true power program!

Yeh go for it bro, i think if u keep up the determination it should work wanders for u!!

Though i still feel a HIT style workout would blow u up!!

davie

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2006, 03:46:49 PM »
I won't say one is better than the other for building muscle but I think Volume is better for a functional physique that needs endurance.
Neither will build endurance sufficiently on their own and would be best complemented by cardio if endurance is the goal.

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2006, 03:59:31 PM »
Neither will build endurance sufficiently on their own and would be best complemented by cardio if endurance is the goal.

HIT is also a great cardiovascular workout from the constant supersetting.
~

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2006, 04:23:25 PM »
But you wouldn't agree that volume would build more muscular endurance than HIT?  Muscular endurance doesn't just mean like long distance running to me, lots of repeated motions require endurance. 
Squishy face retard

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2006, 05:14:49 PM »
But you wouldn't agree that volume would build more muscular endurance than HIT?  Muscular endurance doesn't just mean like long distance running to me, lots of repeated motions require endurance. 
I did high volume for many years; can't say it helped with overall endurance. The extra volume would help for refinement & to some degree fat loss, good pre-contest. Is otherwise a distraction for size because it's harder to focus on going heavier when there are so many sets. Becomes a lifting marathon vs. a shorter focus on weight and intensity using moderate sets.

What would help in any program if endurance & function are important would be exercises that tax the most and biggest muscles-cleans, clean & jerks, squats, chins, rows, etc. in addition to cardio.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2006, 05:17:36 PM »
I did high volume for many years; can't say it helped with endurance. Even for size i think now that moderate volume's just as good, since the focus and intensity are higher. Looking back, the extra sets only accomplished refinement, actually could be counter-productive to size because it's hard to focus on what counts to gain when there are so many sets ahead.

What would help in any program if endurance is important, would be exercises that tax the most and biggest muscles-cleans, clean & jerks, squats, chins, rows, etc. in addition to cardio
I guess I am thinking in terms of fighting and some other repeated motions but I agree with the full body exercises.
Squishy face retard

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2006, 06:08:22 AM »
I guess I am thinking in terms of fighting and some other repeated motions but I agree with the full body exercises.

Yeh i think al body in motion exercises (cleans, squats,dips etc) are xcellent moves.

davie

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2006, 07:56:03 AM »
HIT is also a great cardiovascular workout from the constant supersetting.

2 minutes supersetting.. hardcore!
just push some weight!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2006, 08:07:46 AM »
2 minutes supersetting.. hardcore!

I think HIT style workouts done in the fashion of arthur jones style....full body no rest at all between any movement, is a good cardio workout.

davie

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2006, 08:11:54 AM »
I think HIT style workouts done in the fashion of arthur jones style....full body no rest at all between any movement, is a good cardio workout.

davie

It lasts as long as an orgasm. How can that be a good cardio workout?
just push some weight!