Author Topic: Sergio 1976 - 1985  (Read 41145 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Sergio 1976 - 1985
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »
Over & over again ND has said that '72 was close, but all-time it wasn't because Oliva wasn't in shape, to which i call BS.  ;)

1972 was close if anything and I'm more than willing to admit maybe Sergio did deserve to win , I've maintained numerous times that in some pictures Sergio looks like a clear winner and others Arnold does , I've never seen the video of the contest so I really haven't committed a 100% clear opinion on a winner .

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2006, 11:41:34 AM »
Politics is an excuse when you have nothing left.

Nothing left? Is that all you got? Everyone knows and can't deny there are politics running bodybuilding. What's so hard to understand? I'll leave at that because you can argue all you want. At the end of the day Joe and Ben are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2006, 11:45:15 AM »

Debating points with really old pictures is pointless. There are a few pics that make Boyer C look to have decent abs.

Old pics? lol that's a good one. If you didn't notice, Sergio was a bodybuilder from the 60's through the 80's. So, I just posted a good ab shot pic of Sergio. What you just said is like posting an old pic of Arnold's bicep and saying Arnold never had good biceps. lol. These pics are from that era. Is that too hard to understand? lol.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2006, 11:49:09 AM »
Now find a pic of Sergio at 240 pounds with those abs !

Here is one where Sergio is close to 230 pounds and still have awesome abs. There aren't thousands of pics around of Sergio like there are of Arnold.

body88

« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2006, 11:49:24 AM »
Old pics? lol that's a good one. If you didn't notice, Sergio was a bodybuilder from the 60's through the 80's. So, I just posted a good ab shot pic of Sergio. What you just said is like posting an old pic of Arnold's bicep and saying Arnold never had good biceps. lol. These pics are from that era. Is that too hard to understand? lol.

lol I was making ther point that lol you can find good pictures lol to prove lol any point lol I can find just as many bad pictures lol to prove my point to lol. lol I used the term "old" lol referring to the lol picture itself lol not thinking lol you could lol provide lol recent lol pictures to lol prove your point lol. Basing your lol argument solely lol on pictures lol is subjective at best lol.i lol can lol show you lol a picture lol that Kovaks lol looks great in.

Sergio lol lost to Arnold lol in cotest lol because Arnie lol was more detailed lol and in better condition lol. Hence, lol presented the lol better package lol.

hope this helps..... lol

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2006, 11:57:34 AM »
Sergio with abs and hair. 8)
just push some weight!

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2006, 11:59:13 AM »

Now you are claiming Arnold was only a champion because of Weider ::) Arnold was better then Sergio in contest form and that is why he beat Sergio all those times. If Sergio got ripped, then you would have a point.

Btw, are you black?

Most people believe Sergio was better than Arnold in '70 and '72. Surge Nubret said Sergio should have won in '72. Even Arnold said "Politics" in 70' and 72'.

My father met Ben in Toronto after 70' Olympia and had a conversation with him. My father asked Ben what were they thinking and told him how many people including himself thought that Sergio was the clear winner in '70 Olympia. And you know what?  Ben said quote "Sergio was the real winner".

By the way, why should I tell you if I'm black or white?

body88

« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2006, 12:03:53 PM »
Most people believe Sergio was better than Arnold in '70 and '72. Surge Nubret said Sergio should have won in '72. Even Arnold said "Politics" in 70' and 72'.

My father met Ben in Toronto after 70' Olympia and had a conversation with him. My father asked Ben what were they thinking and told him how many people including himself thought that Sergio was the clear winner in '70 Olympia. And you know what?  Ben said quote "Sergio was the real winner".

By the way, why should I tell you if I'm black or white?

I am just wondering. I find alot of black men get upset when a white man beats them in a contest based on genetics or athletic ability. I see traces of it on here from time to time.

Kind of like when I was offended over  Micheal Irvin's comments about Romo. You should hear the shit Larry Johnson got away with saying. Most do not even know as little to no attention was brought to the incident. Yet , most black men thought it was no big deal. But, if the comments where reversed would be the first screaming racism and for the author of  the comments to be fired.

I am not even close to racist so please answer the question.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2006, 12:08:23 PM »
Again if this were the case , if Joe Weider did handpick Arnold because he was white , one why ever let Sergio beat Arnold in 1969? why not nip it in the bud and let Arnold win and have a full 365 days to market his white knight , and two WHY on Gods green earth ever let Sergio win in the fucking first place? Why when they had the blond hair blue eyed All-American beach-boy Dave Draper in the mid 1960s? or Chuck Sipes? and you gibe these magazine sales theory way to much credit , bodybuilding was back then was still a very underground sport and no way on earth where they making ' millions '  with the magazines or contests. Weider didn't need Arnold to be Mr Olympia to have him on magazines , he was on the cover of many magazines well before he ever turned Pro , same with Frank Zane , etc

I've answered this before. I'm not going to waste my time on you. Sergio was simply better than Draper and Sipes. That enough proof for you? Arnold couldn't have won in '69 because Joe was building him up. You know, when a fighter fights a few tune up fights before he fights for the heavyweight Championship? Joe was making millions. the IFBB didn't only operate in America. It was world wide. He not only made money from magazine covers. He made money from promotions, weider equipment and clothing Gear, many contracts with other promoters around the world. I've answered your questions with great answers, but yet you seem not to look at the big picture.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2006, 12:12:33 PM »
What's funny is that i mentioned this to the liar ND, who promptly went on to the Nubret site but could not question it because it's true. hahahahahahhha

Nubret also confirmed the politics that this liar claims don't exist.

We all know it's the truth. Didn't ND post a quote from Lee Priest saying that you have to actually be there and see Yates in person to see how great he was and that he was the winner? Something close to that.

This is the samething here. Serge Nubret was there and took part and came 3rd and saw both guys in person an said that Sergio should of won.

So why are we having this argument?

body88

« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2006, 12:17:45 PM »
We all know it's the truth. Didn't ND post a quote from Lee Priest saying that you have to actually be there and see Yates in person to see how great he was and that he was the winner? Something close to that.

This is the samething here. Serge Nubret was there and took part and came 3rd and saw both guys in person an said that Sergio should of won.

So why are we having this argument?

Again, who cares what Serge said? Just because Serge said Sergio should have won that does not make it true. Not to mention, Serge was not a fan of Weider to start with.

Why are you trying to argue this point? So if Frank Zane attended the same contest and said Arnold should have won, does that prove Arnold was the rightful winner?

::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2006, 01:52:12 PM »
Here is one where Sergio is close to 230 pounds and still have awesome abs. There aren't thousands of pics around of Sergio like there are of Arnold.

I scanned that pic  ;) and guess from where? A Weider mag.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2006, 02:10:25 PM »
I've answered this before. I'm not going to waste my time on you. Sergio was simply better than Draper and Sipes. That enough proof for you? Arnold couldn't have won in '69 because Joe was building him up. You know, when a fighter fights a few tune up fights before he fights for the heavyweight Championship? Joe was making millions. the IFBB didn't only operate in America. It was world wide. He not only made money from magazine covers. He made money from promotions, weider equipment and clothing Gear, many contracts with other promoters around the world. I've answered your questions with great answers, but yet you seem not to look at the big picture.

Its NOT a matter of Sergio being better than Draper or Sipes , you've admitted that Arnold beat Sergio despite NOT being better than Sergio it defies logic . If the Weider's did handpick winners of major contests based solely on marketability Sergio would have never beaten Dave Draper or Chuck Sipes in 1967/68 and lets say he did beat them like according to you he would have surely lost to Arnold at the 1969 Mr Olympia despite if he was ' ready or not '

Weider in the 1960s and early 1970s wasn't making millions of dollars , magazine subscriptions weren't like they were in the mid to late 1980s , and again Arnold didn't need to be a champion to have him on the cover of magazines , in the late 1980s and early 1990s Shawn Ray was on the cover of Flex Magazine more than Lee Haney who was the current Mr Olympia winner , so why NOT have Shawn Ray as Mr Olympia? see your logic is flawed no matter which way you turn.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2006, 04:16:06 PM »
Its NOT a matter of Sergio being better than Draper or Sipes , you've admitted that Arnold beat Sergio despite NOT being better than Sergio it defies logic .

Come on ND, that doesn't defy logic  ::). Often is the case that the best person doesn't win in a contest- whatever the sport. Defying logic means it's not conceivable. It's completely conceivable.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2006, 04:29:15 PM »

Come on ND, that doesn't defy logic  ::). Often is the case that the best person doesn't win in a contest- whatever the sport. Defying logic means it's not conceivable. It's completely conceivable.

My point was he can't have it both ways , in one sentence he's claiming that Weider would handpick guys just because of their marketability and then when I posed the question why not chose guys who would be more marketable like Dave Draper or Chuck Sipes , and he claimed this didn't happen because they were not better than Sergio , yet in another post he claims that Arnold beat Sergio while not being better than him , its a contradiction .

Sure guys get overlooked his logic contradicts itself.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2006, 04:36:08 PM »
My point was he can't have it both ways , in one sentence he's claiming that Weider would handpick guys just because of their marketability and then when I posed the question why not chose guys who would be more marketable like Dave Draper or Chuck Sipes , and he claimed this didn't happen because they were not better than Sergio , yet in another post he claims that Arnold beat Sergio while not being better than him , its a contradiction .

Yeah. Maybe Draper and Sipes were deadshits? ;D

Bast175

« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2006, 08:00:09 PM »
Sergio with abs and hair. 8)

does that turn you on?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2006, 08:09:05 PM »
does that turn you on?

Your always on time with your creepy comments/fantasies.
just push some weight!

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: December 13, 2006, 08:17:43 PM »
I scanned that pic  ;) and guess from where? A Weider mag.

And your point is?

Don't even start with the polotics stuff. It's been said before by many including myself. If you don't believe it, then you must also believe in the tooth fairy.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2006, 08:25:46 PM »
Its NOT a matter of Sergio being better than Draper or Sipes , you've admitted that Arnold beat Sergio despite NOT being better than Sergio it defies logic . If the Weider's did handpick winners of major contests based solely on marketability Sergio would have never beaten Dave Draper or Chuck Sipes in 1967/68 and lets say he did beat them like according to you he would have surely lost to Arnold at the 1969 Mr Olympia despite if he was ' ready or not '

Weider in the 1960s and early 1970s wasn't making millions of dollars , magazine subscriptions weren't like they were in the mid to late 1980s , and again Arnold didn't need to be a champion to have him on the cover of magazines , in the late 1980s and early 1990s Shawn Ray was on the cover of Flex Magazine more than Lee Haney who was the current Mr Olympia winner , so why NOT have Shawn Ray as Mr Olympia? see your logic is flawed no matter which way you turn.

If you don't believe in the bodybuilding polotics game then you would never understand. I never said that Arnold beat Sergio, ever. In My opinion, Sergio deserved to win over Arnold every time they met, but Joe wouldn't let that happen because he was building up his "money machine". I've mentioned many other things more than magazines in my previous post but you fail you bring it up. You think bodybuilders only make money buy competing in contests? They make money with promotions, contracts, advertising, guest appearance etc. the list goes on. So please don't bring that logic bs to me.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2006, 08:27:53 PM »

Find me a post where I said Arnold clearly beat Sergio? You can't. Stop spreading lies. Is that how low you are willing to go?

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2006, 08:46:11 PM »
Arnold dwarfs Sergio.

Hope this helps.
TEAM REPTILIAN

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2006, 09:30:25 PM »

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2006, 12:32:06 AM »
Arnold dwarfs Sergio.

Hope this helps.
posing ability played a big role in this one...

arnold was an AWESOME poser... he made himself look better than he actually was... those twisting 3/4's were insane not forgetting the side chest and the front double bi.

sergio was a woeful poser... he generally DID eventually get himself into a reasonable position for most poses but his transitions were terrible and made him look small... don't forget he was only around 5'9 and 230 in cut shape - that ain't a huge man - he did have great hip structure though which helped him.

sergio also didn't have that low a lat insertion which didn't help him from behind... his lats were really thick but that thickness didn't start at the hip but much higher which is less flattering...

the rear comparison posted before really shows nubret's weaknesses too which he'd never admit - he had terrible calves and a weak back plain and simple...

what do you reckon disgusted?

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2006, 05:06:19 AM »
posing ability played a big role in this one...

arnold was an AWESOME poser... he made himself look better than he actually was... those twisting 3/4's were insane not forgetting the side chest and the front double bi.

sergio was a woeful poser... he generally DID eventually get himself into a reasonable position for most poses but his transitions were terrible and made him look small... don't forget he was only around 5'9 and 230 in cut shape - that ain't a huge man - he did have great hip structure though which helped him.

sergio also didn't have that low a lat insertion which didn't help him from behind... his lats were really thick but that thickness didn't start at the hip but much higher which is less flattering...

the rear comparison posted before really shows nubret's weaknesses too which he'd never admit - he had terrible calves and a weak back plain and simple...

what do you reckon disgusted?

This is a great shot of Sergio making a fool of Brunschwagger. Arnies lats inserted a little lower than Sergios but his fat waist ruined the look.
X