Author Topic: Stallone "admits" to Heavy Steroid use to get in shape for ROCKY 6!!!  (Read 46886 times)

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Ripped from a very cool interview at Aintitcoolnews.. link--> http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30869

9. Mr. Stallone,

You mentioned in your book “Sly Moves” that for many of your films, you
    thought about how each character's physique was representative of how that
    character was portrayed as dramatic character in their respective films.

How did you approach Rocky's psychical being in “Rocky Balboa,” and what did
    you do to achieve the desired effect?

Thanks, and keep up the great work. You are an inspiration to us all.

Sincerely,
    John Reilly

For ROCKY BALBOA I trained with very heavy weights like a power-lifter, and I duplicate that in the film itself. Here’s an interesting tidbit: for months before the film a couple of high-ranking executives who shall remain nameless insisted that I let myself go, and in their words, “Pork out.” I wasn’t following their reasoning, and they explained themselves by saying, “Rocky should just be an average guy and not in shape at all, so he represents the everyday man.” Strangely enough, I followed this advice and one month before the filming I couldn’t fit into my boxing trunks. I looked in the mirror and thought this would be too much for the audience to swallow - that Rocky would be completely overweight and out of shape and manage to get in the ring with the world champion. Though I like eating junk food as much as everyone else, I had to go on a crash diet of high-protein (mainly beef) and many, many supplements. I had to lift weights until I could barely stand. So the results were a more believable approach, that although Rocky is well over the age range, he physically appears to be in competitive shape.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: Stallone "admits" to Heavy Steroid use to get in shape for ROCKY 6!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 09:18:23 PM »
How does many many supplements equate to steroids?
just push some weight!

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 09:19:17 PM »
eh you know what he means  ::)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 09:21:49 PM »
Yes ephedra + creatine + protein + ginsing + andro + cla + glutamine = many many supplements. 8)
just push some weight!

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 09:23:13 PM »

For ROCKY BALBOA I trained with very heavy weights like a power-lifter, and I duplicate that in the film itself. Here’s an interesting tidbit: for months before the film a couple of high-ranking executives who shall remain nameless insisted that I let myself go, and in their words, “Pork out.” I wasn’t following their reasoning, and they explained themselves by saying, “Rocky should just be an average guy and not in shape at all, so he represents the everyday man.” Strangely enough, I followed this advice and one month before the filming I couldn’t fit into my boxing trunks. I looked in the mirror and thought this would be too much for the audience to swallow - that Rocky would be completely overweight and out of shape and manage to get in the ring with the world champion. Though I like eating junk food as much as everyone else, I had to go on a crash diet of high-protein (mainly beef) and many, many supplements. I had to lift weights until I could barely stand. So the results were a more believable approach, that although Rocky is well over the age range, he physically appears to be in competitive shape.

What a load of BS, he comes out with this crap before every muscle film he does and Jo Public eats it up, anyone who knows anything about training sees through this Psuedo training bullshit Sly dishes out pre film premiere.As if he wasnt madly in shape for this months beforehand  ::)

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 09:27:44 PM »
Alex, true those are many supplements, but you, me, and Rocky all know that none of those supplements will transform him from "completely overweight and out of shape" into what you see filmed in Rocky 6 in only 1 month.  "Many, many supplements", to me, means not just a light cycle.. but something Stallone seemed almost hesitant doing, aka heavy dosages.  ;D

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 09:31:43 PM »
He's talking about his INSTONE supplement line.
TEAM REPTILIAN

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 09:33:13 PM »
Alex, true those are many supplements, but you, me, and Rocky all know that none of those supplements will transform him from "completely overweight and out of shape" into what you see filmed in Rocky 6 in only 1 month.  "Many, many supplements", to me, means not just a light cycle.. but something Stallone seemed almost hesitant doing, aka heavy dosages.  ;D

It is possible but we all know that Sly is a fighting till the end! If there is any actor that could do that naturally, my money would be on him.
just push some weight!

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 09:33:29 PM »
i ordered free samples of that shit about 6 months ago

WHERES MY SHIT

LeePriestLover

• Getbig II
  • ---LPL---
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 10:15:24 PM »
How does many many supplements equate to steroids?

It's called CODE-SPEAK.  Sorta like, you know ... um...

Well, hard to put it into "You need to have a basic understanding of Life" terms, but I'll do my best:

He can't, well.. REALLY say roids because, they are what's called ILLEGAL.

Like .. (hmm.. trying to find a good example)

Like .. Although it isn't, it should be ILLEGAL to hijack a thread, but you get away with it so much, it's considered LEGAL. 

So imagine Stallone trying to protect himself by not sounding ILLEGAL. 

Understand? 

If not I have a good handbook on this stuff called "HOLY SHIT I HAVE A LIFE" version 2.601 in a WORD document, if you like.

PS

STALLONE LOOKS GOOD FOR HIS AGE IN THE TRAILER. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 12:28:55 AM »
I'm sure that even tho while in his twenties, Stallone needed handfuls of deca from Franco to achieve his massive 170 pounds for Rocky movies, he was able to reach a lifetime best in his 50s using only INSTONE supplements.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 01:53:18 AM »
cell-tech
Z

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 01:59:51 AM »
  Rocky 4 He was juiced to the gills when he fought the Russian...at least he looked like it.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 02:02:48 AM »
I'm sure that even tho while in his twenties, Stallone needed handfuls of deca from Franco to achieve his massive 170 pounds for Rocky movies, he was able to reach a lifetime best in his 50s using only INSTONE supplements.

may sound stupid, but actually why not?

the guy is 60, has a lot of time on his hands and more than 40 years of training on his back.
He isn't really what you would call a mass monster.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 02:06:38 AM »
Sly is 60 he can get anything he wants prescribed to him totally legal lol...Hell I pray that I look that great at 60...
Watching The Haters

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2006, 02:08:34 AM »
Sly is 60 he can get anything he wants prescribed to him totally legal lol...Hell I pray that I look that great at 60...

Well, that is certainly a point that has to be taken into consideration.

Yeah, he probably is on some test.  ;D ;D

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2006, 02:10:48 AM »
Well, that is certainly a point that has to be taken into consideration.

Yeah, he probably is on some test.  ;D ;D

I wouldn't doubt it for a second...Most active guys his age are on some kind of test therapy..May it be patches, gel, or injections...
Watching The Haters

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 02:23:31 AM »
I wouldn't doubt it for a second...Most active guys his age are on some kind of test therapy..May it be patches, gel, or injections...

Yeah, you're probably right.

I'd even think he probably has some GH running too. Low dose probably, but should help him getting ripped.

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 02:26:07 AM »
Yeah, you're probably right.

I'd even think he probably has some GH running too. Low dose probably, but should help him getting ripped.

I have trained multiple guys at the gym that were in the 40's and their doc's had them on GH to lose weight...It is very popular for male performance doc's to prescribe it I have noticed...
Watching The Haters

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 02:31:20 AM »
I have trained multiple guys at the gym that were in the 40's and their doc's had them on GH to lose weight...It is very popular for male performance doc's to prescribe it I have noticed...

Totally uncommon in europe.  ;D

Slick Vic

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 05:16:22 AM »
One can take it any way... "Many many supplements" can mean just that OR as one member mentioned -- a code!  :-X

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 06:03:20 AM »
stallone, i believe, is in the supplement market now so i believe this is why he mentioned it, no code, he wants to make a killing here like everywere else.

btw, this guy has made more fucking money than a small nation from his physique (he can't fucking act). does anyone actually think this man is not going to take shit to look the shit?

stallone was shredded for rocky, rambo, etc. yes, he was 180 or whatever but he is what, 5'6 or something. anyone in the know knows that you don't get in that condition ie rambo 111, rocky 4 on fucking egg whites and oatmeal.

some of you guys equate it like this, 'ok, i'm 200 and i've got this big ass and gut with no idea what my abs look like but, yeah, i reckon i could drop about 30 pounds and be ultra ripped like rocky so...

SORRY, doesn't work like that. when you start dropping fat the first few pounds seem to fall away in a simple equasion ie eat less, more cardio = weight loss.

true, but then you get to this point where you're finally beginning to see your abs and whoosh, you're body starts to rebel because it doesn't know what you're doing. it still thinks your stuck in a cave with a hungry saber tooth sitting outside, better drop this extra muscle and store some fat quick.

so what do you do? you increase the cardio and drop even more calories and drop a little more weight, except now you're losing muscle and your metabolism is slowing big time.

so the tough keep going until it reaches it's inevitable conclusion: you now weigh 150 with noodles for arms and you feel pretty limp dick...but you got some abs  :D and you look nothing like rocky :'(

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 07:14:06 AM »
If he's smart (which he is ;D), he'll use this as an opportunity to pimp out his supplements.  Hormone replacement or not, he looks incredible for a man his age...

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 07:15:25 AM »
If he's smart (which he is ;D), he'll use this as an opportunity to pimp out his supplements.  Hormone replacement or not, he looks incredible for a man his age...

yes, i thought i made that clear ::)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 07:35:03 AM »
Everyone knows that Stallone has taken steroids in his life. Come on now. Especially for this movie. I bet he will have more muscle mass in this movie than all the others. I saw him in that show the Contender and he looked pretty jacked. Big arms and chest. The guy's 60. He's juiced. So what? Lots of actors do. A lot of actors don't work out or nothing and they gotta get in shape for a movie in just 2 or 3 months. I'm sure that Vin Diesel and a lot of those guys juiced. I even heard that Will Smith juiced to play Ali. Remember people who work on movies have like 14 hour days. Barely time to eat or do anything. Let em juice! What's the big deal? If they wanna be real safe about it they probably take a little primobolan or something like that. If I ever juiced when I got old I wouldn't go crazy with the needles and all that stuff, just do a little primo or winstrol. Just enough to keep what you got.
hahahaha, gibberj thinks that Stallone has "big arms and chest", what a joke.