Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
September 18, 2014, 07:14:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ganglion surgery  (Read 954 times)
smaul
Getbig IV

Lets build some hurting bombs!

« on: December 13, 2006, 08:00:06 AM »

Anyone here ever have a ganglion removed by surgery?  Is a lump, often found on the back of the wrist that is filled with a gel-like substance.  Seems the fluid is basically joint fluid that is slowly leaking into the cyst.  It's about an inch in diameter and fairly visible when I bend my wrist.  It only hurts when I do barbell presses of any sort.  So far I have avoided the issue by doing dumbell excersises.

I was thinking about getting it surgically removed, but would like to know what the recovery period is, how long till I can lift properly again? 
Report to moderator   Logged

It hasn't helped...
thewickedtruth
Getbig V

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 08:08:44 AM »

Can you drain it?  Huh

Maybe you should see if wrapping your wrists during heavy pressing movements helps before going into surgery.You never know.  A wrap creates fluid pressure and joint stability in a specific area where the wrap is applied.  If you can drain it, then it might prevent it from coming back, unless it's painful all the time an a professional opinion says otherwise.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!