Author Topic: Cro-cop headed to UFC  (Read 19132 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Cro-cop headed to UFC
« on: December 13, 2006, 07:40:32 PM »
Speculation has run rampant for the past couple of weeks that Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, ranked #2 in MMAWeekly’s top ten heavyweights, was going to leave Pride for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. It now appears that the speculation is true. Sources from within Filipovic’s camp and an independent source in Las Vegas, have confirmed to MMAWeekly that the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix champion has indeed made the decision to move on to the UFC.

As reported last week on MMAWeekly.com, a statement released on Filipovic’s own web site indicated that a decision was near and that the UFC was a distinct option, “…the bottom line is that Cro Cop likely won't have his chance to fight Fedor for the title in the next few months. With that said, it's perfectly reasonable for Mirko to consider other offers.” The statement continued, “…the most interesting offers are coming from the US.” And that “the offer from the UFC is actually in Cro Cop's hands.”

The statement also hinted that the Croatian MMA star was ready to leave Pride, “Is Cro Cop seriously considering making his UFC appearance? Let's say that Mirko is always open to new challenges and he is looking forward to his U.S. debut, which will happen very soon.” Of course, with Pride starting to run shows in America, his U.S. debut could have possibly taken place under either banner, but his own camp has confirmed that he expects to make that debut in the UFC.

Our sources have not confirmed whether there is an agreement in principle between Filipovic and the UFC or if he has actually signed a contract with America’s largest mixed martial arts promoter

Source: MMAWeekly
Predictions
 40/61

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
Re: Cro-cop headed to UFC
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 07:54:43 PM »
Bad news for Tim

I can't wait
RIP Bob Probert

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 08:27:16 PM »
Bad news for Tim

I can't wait

Bad news for everybody on the current UFC Heavyweight roster.  I would like to see Cro-cop smash a TUF fighter though (sort of like how Anderson Silva made his debut by smashing Leben), before he gets a shot at Sylvia or Vera.  That would shut up some of the TUF nutthuggers and show them what a real fighter looks like.
Predictions
 40/61

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 09:23:06 PM »
I believed this isn't confirmed?
Should CroCop fight Chuck, Pride nuthuggers be careful what you wish for. I saw that Randleman fight where CroCop got knocked the fuck OUT. Mirko is a baddass, but anything can happen.
!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 09:31:14 PM »
Should CroCop fight Chuck, Pride nuthuggers be careful what you wish for. I saw that Randleman fight where CroCop got knocked the f**k OUT. Mirko is a baddass, but anything can happen.

and rahman knocked out lennox lewis

yeah anything can happen but those are major flukes

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 10:19:57 PM »
Should CroCop fight Chuck, Pride nuthuggers be careful what you wish for. I saw that Randleman fight where CroCop got knocked the f**k OUT. Mirko is a baddass, but anything can happen.

You're a moron. Hope this helps.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 10:55:07 PM »
You're a moron. Hope this helps.
Lick my hairy nutsack.  :-*

Nature played a cruel trick on you -- you lived.
!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 10:59:46 PM »
Lick my hairy nutsack.  :-*

Nature played a cruel trick on you -- you lived.

hahahahaha, let's make another claim for who Mirko should watch out for. I heard that Hughes can beat him, he's a Militech fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BJ Penn wants a piece!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 06:39:09 AM »
hahahahaha, let's make another claim for who Mirko should watch out for. I heard that Hughes can beat him, he's a Militech fighter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BJ Penn wants a piece!
Why are you laughing at yourself?

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

!

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 08:40:38 AM »
Sylvia and Arlovski are the only 2 decent heavyweights in UFC, but Crop Cop would kill both of them. Yes everyone has a fighters chance, but a game Mirko would walk through everything the UFC has to offer. His only competition is Fedor - everyone knows it. He seems to have found himself again after a few mediocre performances, i really hope that Sylvia doesnt honestly think he will beat him. When he fought, and KO'd Gan McGee he called out Fedor. Well hes gonna get the world number 2 heavyweight fighter, and theres no way he will want a rematch if Mirko is on his game.

Mirko should win the UFC title, and have a showdown against Fedor to see who the best is. Im betting Dana would rather put his reputation on the line with someone like Mirko fighting rather than Tim Sylvia. Its chances like this which make me yearn for the UFC to reintroduce the Open Weight Tournament, they would make a hell of alot more money if they did and it would give us the dream matches we all want
Scouser on Tour

jarhead

• Getbig III
  • First name Mister. Last name "T".
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 09:21:29 AM »
Bad news for Tim

I can't wait

damn I was thinking the exact same thing.  It's over.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 11:55:38 AM »
Why are you laughing at yourself?

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

The fact you think Liddell could beat CroCop after the OWGP is nothing short of laughable. Stick to watching re-runs of TUF.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 03:08:52 PM »
Sylvia and Arlovski are the only 2 decent heavyweights in UFC, but Crop Cop would kill both of them. Yes everyone has a fighters chance, but a game Mirko would walk through everything the UFC has to offer. His only competition is Fedor - everyone knows it. He seems to have found himself again after a few mediocre performances, i really hope that Sylvia doesnt honestly think he will beat him. When he fought, and KO'd Gan McGee he called out Fedor. Well hes gonna get the world number 2 heavyweight fighter, and theres no way he will want a rematch if Mirko is on his game.

Mirko should win the UFC title, and have a showdown against Fedor to see who the best is. Im betting Dana would rather put his reputation on the line with someone like Mirko fighting rather than Tim Sylvia. Its chances like this which make me yearn for the UFC to reintroduce the Open Weight Tournament, they would make a hell of alot more money if they did and it would give us the dream matches we all want

Vera will beat Sylvia.  He has a tighter ground game than AA as well.  Not to mention there are some reports saying CC may sign with DSE instead. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 04:57:29 PM »
The fact you think Liddell could beat CroCop after the OWGP is nothing short of laughable. Stick to watching re-runs of TUF.
Thank you. We are all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
I know you are nobody's fool, but maybe somebody will adopt you.

!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 04:58:01 PM »
Thank you. We are all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
I know you are nobody's fool, but maybe somebody will adopt you.

Let me guess, you think Liddell could beat Fedor, too?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »
Let me guess, you think Liddell could beat Fedor, too?

Hahahaha.. LOL

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 04:43:56 PM »
remember babaloo (don't know how to spell it) went the distance with fedor but babaloo got knocked out twice pretty fast i might add by liddell...so why couldn't lidell give cro cop a fight. you never know...
irongearco.com

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 05:18:03 PM »
remember babaloo (don't know how to spell it) went the distance with fedor but babaloo got knocked out twice pretty fast i might add by liddell...so why couldn't lidell give cro cop a fight. you never know...

That was a long time ago when Fedor was just getting going. He's an entirely different fight now, just like most others. Most people think Wandy or Liddell would have a hard time with each other, and if you weren't a moron and saw the OWGP, Wandy was completely and utterly embarassed by CroCop. The guy is at the top of his game and is bigger, a better striker and faster than Liddell. I don't see anyway he could win outside of a freak shot like the Overeem fight, but CC is too technically sound for something like that to happen.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 05:52:43 PM »
That was a long time ago when Fedor was just getting going. He's an entirely different fight now, just like most others. Most people think Wandy or Liddell would have a hard time with each other, and if you weren't a moron and saw the OWGP, Wandy was completely and utterly embarassed by CroCop. The guy is at the top of his game and is bigger, a better striker and faster than Liddell. I don't see anyway he could win outside of a freak shot like the Overeem fight, but CC is too technically sound for something like that to happen.

Chack would have the punchers chance, but that is it.  Babalu and Fedor fought under Rings rules.  Definitely a different game.  You saw what he did to TK, his only loss, again in Rings.  Crocop in the cage would be dangerous.  As would Fedor.  Can you imagine him putting people up against the cage and dropping elbows? 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 06:57:11 PM »
Chack would have the punchers chance, but that is it.  Babalu and Fedor fought under Rings rules.  Definitely a different game.  You saw what he did to TK, his only loss, again in Rings.  Crocop in the cage would be dangerous.  As would Fedor.  Can you imagine him putting people up against the cage and dropping elbows? 

It'd be scary. I'd rather they stay in PRIDE, where the real competition is. They're great fighters and they most likely have plenty of money, why would they settle for fighting some second rate chumps in Sylvia and the other useless HW's. I think CC will stay in PRIDE and try to take the belt from Fedor, personally. The glory that would come with that is worth staying alone.

VikingJan

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 07:08:12 PM »
i´d stay in pride too, us dont have the best fighter in any weight class.

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2006, 12:54:40 AM »
like i keep saying, the only thing he has left to achieve in his career is to beat Fedor
Scouser on Tour

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2006, 01:07:42 AM »
imo, mirko has everything liddell has but much more of it. he has better power, technique, strength and ring generalship.

i think the pressure is getting to dana. he knows he can't beat them and there's no way in hell he's going to join them, so the next best thing is to sign them up.

if this is true, mirkop will be getting paid extremely well (about 10 times more than red neck silva or 'i still can't speak english' arlovski). he's going to shake up the camp and put a lot of noses out of joint figuritively and literally.

let's face it, dana need someone fresh. there's only so many times you can recycle ortiz and shamrock, and silva/arlovski just aren't going to get the numbers. it makes perfect sense business wise to sign mirko (fedor would be TOO dominant).

raziel

• Getbig II
  • Satan lives in the hearts of all children.
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2006, 07:44:41 AM »
even though cro cop would kill all of the ufc HWs. it would still be a lot more exciting 'cause he'd be knocking people out.  no on would have to watch 5 boring ass rounds.
Jesus gives awesome head!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 04:11:03 AM »
even though cro cop would kill all of the ufc HWs. it would still be a lot more exciting 'cause he'd be knocking people out.  no on would have to watch 5 boring ass rounds.

true, he likes to stand up and that is why he moves laterally always, to set up strike. he also very often sprawls and catches shooter on the way in.

fedor would own cro cop right now and cro cop would own anyone lt heavy and above.

what does that say about dan's boys?