Author Topic: Cro-cop headed to UFC  (Read 19122 times)

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
Re: Cro-cop headed to UFC
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2006, 10:13:26 PM »

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2006, 10:16:23 PM »
Meltdown x2! lol  ;D
You are a PRIDE polesmoker and a wannabe. Fuckin' bitch-ass clown.
Too bad you're suckin' dicks on a sinkin' ship!  :-*

A wannabe, hahahaha. This coming from the clown who claims that CC better watch out for Liddell.  ::)

So they got Herring now, too? Hope Sylvia and the rest of those clowns like fighting for third.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2006, 03:13:18 AM »
cro cop is far more skilled at the things silva does best, but obviously finding his chin is going to be somewhat more difficult than it would be to find, say, sapp's.

silva is big and awkward (like an orangutan on dope) but, most of the time, he keeps his hands up, his chin down and uses his frame and height well enough to make things difficult.

put it this way, andro is way more skilled than silva too but...

if mirko can stay focused and disciplined with his training and fighting (as opposed to andro) then he'll clean up. it will all depend on how much he partakes in that good ol' u.s.a lifestyle.

good luck mirko!!!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2006, 06:23:43 AM »
A wannabe, hahahaha. This coming from the clown who claims that CC better watch out for Liddell.  ::)

So they got Herring now, too? Hope Sylvia and the rest of those clowns like fighting for third.
Wipe the jizz of your chin, muthafucka!  :-*
!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2006, 09:41:38 AM »
Wipe the jizz of your chin, muthafucka!  :-*

Benny, Benny, Benny... Dude you really cant say much on this bro... UFC has a few good fighters and yes Dana just landed his new cash cow with CC and Hopefully he can motivate Rampage's ass to learn how to put on a good show again. But to say that Pride is crashing is a truly ignorant statement... I dont know how you could think that. Dana puts on the same fuking show every other month and if he doesnt the shows blow ass. Look at the next GSP fight against Matt Sera who the fuck is gonna pay to watch that shitty fight. I mean im sure you will, but for the rest of us that's a fucking waste of money. You were actually probably thrilled to see Frank Mir come back after his accident. While the rest of us didnt give a rat's ass. Im not baggin on you and dont need you to write meltdown cause this is far from it. I am just trying to get you to realize Dana has one or two good fighters in a weight class while the rest are idiots and have no marketabillity what so ever. If you lost Chuck Liddell from UFC you would cry.. If you lost GSP or Hughes you would cry... Pride fans no longer have CroCop to watch and we arent bitching we are happy. Tuf newbies hate it when they hear Fedor's name cause there is no one in the UFC that could hang with Fedor past the 3 minute mark... And i really am tempted to say it but I wont... Fuck it yeah I will your Big Ugly Awkward Kneed Piece Of shit champ Wont last past the first round with CroCop... I wont be suprised if his eye balls are in the back of his head after 3:00 minutes... But keep watching TUF and paying for shitty cards. like the Serra GSP fight.. bet you cant wait....

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2006, 10:57:24 AM »
I could see tim beating herring

E
E

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2006, 11:15:27 AM »
Benny, Benny, Benny... Dude you really cant say much on this bro... UFC has a few good fighters and yes Dana just landed his new cash cow with CC and Hopefully he can motivate Rampage's ass to learn how to put on a good show again. But to say that Pride is crashing is a truly ignorant statement... I dont know how you could think that. Dana puts on the same fuking show every other month and if he doesnt the shows blow ass. Look at the next GSP fight against Matt Sera who the f**k is gonna pay to watch that shitty fight. I mean im sure you will, but for the rest of us that's a fucking waste of money. You were actually probably thrilled to see Frank Mir come back after his accident. While the rest of us didnt give a rat's ass. Im not baggin on you and dont need you to write meltdown cause this is far from it. I am just trying to get you to realize Dana has one or two good fighters in a weight class while the rest are idiots and have no marketabillity what so ever. If you lost Chuck Liddell from UFC you would cry.. If you lost GSP or Hughes you would cry... Pride fans no longer have CroCop to watch and we arent bitching we are happy. Tuf newbies hate it when they hear Fedor's name cause there is no one in the UFC that could hang with Fedor past the 3 minute mark... And i really am tempted to say it but I wont... f**k it yeah I will your Big Ugly Awkward Kneed Piece Of shit champ Wont last past the first round with CroCop... I wont be suprised if his eye balls are in the back of his head after 3:00 minutes... But keep watching TUF and paying for shitty cards. like the Serra GSP fight.. bet you cant wait....
Calm down, muthafucka. I'm here to bust balls more than anything else, bro. What fascinates me is that you PRIDE polesmokers act are SO adamant about the superiority of PRIDE that you come off as assholes. Yeah, those of us who watch these fights can see that PRIDE has had some great fighters. But guess what homie...PRIDE ain't payin' your bills, so calm the fuck down. If PRIDE gets your dick hard so much, then ONLY watch PRIDE and shut the fuck up about everything else. I'd rather watch ALL the federations, because...well I enjoy fights more than I enjoy polesmokin' for organizations.  ;)

If you think PRIDE isn't in serious trouble, then you might want to look at some of the handwriting on the wall. Didn't the major financial backer of PRIDE back out of the organization. Not being able to put on shows of the same quality of the past is not good, not to mention there may become problems paying the fighters what they've come to expect. You've got CroCop AND Rampage defecting to the UFC. You've got the new organization putting on fights on Showtime, starting with Frank Shamrock and Renzo, and more to come. HBO signed a for fight deal with the UFC for 2007. And...King Fedor has an upcoming fight in an organization outside of PRIDE. Could he be next to defect to the UFC, IFL, or some other fed? Things ain't lookin' all that great for PRIDE right now. I'm not saying the organization will fall apart, because I honestly don't know. But it sure is SWEET for the PRIDE polesmokers to have to calm the fuck down for awhile.

Why not enjoy ALL mma instead of being a buttboy for one federation? So Fedor's the best...therefore you ignore the chance to watch an entertaining fight in another federation? You're not a true fan of the sport then. Good an entertaining fights can come out of a lot of matchups, just like in boxing.

One of these days a former PRIDE guy  will get beat by a UFC fighter. It may be Brandon Vera...a VERY talented athlete knocking CroCop the fuck out. CroCop
s a beast, but CC's been knocked out before. Anything can happen...that's why they fight.  ;)

Most of us in the US know the UFC better because PRIDE fights are often unavailable here. But with youtube, a serious fan has seen most of the better PRIDE matches, so we know how good the competition is there. I will agree that the casual American fan that ONLY has seen the UFC can be a bit annoying at times. It's just that they honestly haven't been exposed to anything else yet.

And with that, I'm out...MUTHAFUCKAS!  8)
!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2006, 12:37:32 PM »
production-wise i prefer ufc. so if crocop ends up fighting in ufc, thats good news.  :)
Z

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2006, 03:26:45 PM »
Calm down, muthafucka. I'm here to bust balls more than anything else, bro. What fascinates me is that you PRIDE polesmokers act are SO adamant about the superiority of PRIDE that you come off as assholes. Yeah, those of us who watch these fights can see that PRIDE has had some great fighters. But guess what homie...PRIDE ain't payin' your bills, so calm the f**k down. If PRIDE gets your dick hard so much, then ONLY watch PRIDE and shut the f**k up about everything else. I'd rather watch ALL the federations, because...well I enjoy fights more than I enjoy polesmokin' for organizations.  ;)

If you think PRIDE isn't in serious trouble, then you might want to look at some of the handwriting on the wall. Didn't the major financial backer of PRIDE back out of the organization. Not being able to put on shows of the same quality of the past is not good, not to mention there may become problems paying the fighters what they've come to expect. You've got CroCop AND Rampage defecting to the UFC. You've got the new organization putting on fights on Showtime, starting with Frank Shamrock and Renzo, and more to come. HBO signed a for fight deal with the UFC for 2007. And...King Fedor has an upcoming fight in an organization outside of PRIDE. Could he be next to defect to the UFC, IFL, or some other fed? Things ain't lookin' all that great for PRIDE right now. I'm not saying the organization will fall apart, because I honestly don't know. But it sure is SWEET for the PRIDE polesmokers to have to calm the f**k down for awhile.

Why not enjoy ALL mma instead of being a buttboy for one federation? So Fedor's the best...therefore you ignore the chance to watch an entertaining fight in another federation? You're not a true fan of the sport then. Good an entertaining fights can come out of a lot of matchups, just like in boxing.

One of these days a former PRIDE guy  will get beat by a UFC fighter. It may be Brandon Vera...a VERY talented athlete knocking CroCop the f**k out. CroCop
s a beast, but CC's been knocked out before. Anything can happen...that's why they fight.  ;)

Most of us in the US know the UFC better because PRIDE fights are often unavailable here. But with youtube, a serious fan has seen most of the better PRIDE matches, so we know how good the competition is there. I will agree that the casual American fan that ONLY has seen the UFC can be a bit annoying at times. It's just that they honestly haven't been exposed to anything else yet.

And with that, I'm out...MUTHAFUCKAS!  8)

I live in the U.S. and i watch all of it. I train as well. I was just saying UFC is a repeat federation because there talent pool is weak.. im glad to see other fighters transition to the us. but as of right now Pride puts on the best shows match-up wise in my eyes and has the most dominant fighters. I like to watch any fight for christ sakes i l watch back yard brawls and we put our own on... So i like to watch fights period. Shit put together a midget fighting leauge id watch that shit. I wouldnt pay for it i would watch it. Im not a pride nut hugger just a disgruntled UFC PPV purchaser i think i get better show for my money with Pride... The last UFC have blown donkey balls. so take this pole and smoke it pal.. haha i dont take offense to anyone on here so dont sweat it benny im just a die hard fan of MMA and Martial arts to be more specific i have respect for every fighter just not lazy ones... so keep it up and im out like BUSH in 2008

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2006, 03:45:32 PM »

I live in the U.S. and i watch all of it. I train as well. I was just saying UFC is a repeat federation because there talent pool is weak.. im glad to see other fighters transition to the us. but as of right now Pride puts on the best shows match-up wise in my eyes and has the most dominant fighters. I like to watch any fight for christ sakes i l watch back yard brawls and we put our own on... So i like to watch fights period. Shit put together a midget fighting leauge id watch that shit. I wouldnt pay for it i would watch it. Im not a pride nut hugger just a disgruntled UFC PPV purchaser i think i get better show for my money with Pride... The last UFC have blown donkey balls. so take this pole and smoke it pal.. haha i dont take offense to anyone on here so dont sweat it benny im just a die hard fan of MMA and Martial arts to be more specific i have respect for every fighter just not lazy ones... so keep it up and im out like BUSH in 2008

Couldn't have said it better myself. When the UFC actually puts on a fight I haven't seen 3 times already I'll actually be looking forward to it. Even CroCop is going to get old real fast when he KO's Sylvia in one round. My main gripe is that fighters like Liddell don't even fight anymore. He's fought twice this year, once in August and once in February. Other than that it's been nothing but rematch after rematch and frankly, I'm couldn't care less about Ortiz/Shamrock or Sylvia/Arlovski anymore. Rampage, Herring and CC will inject some much needed life into the UFC.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2006, 03:50:07 PM »
Couldn't have said it better myself. When the UFC actually puts on a fight I haven't seen 3 times already I'll actually be looking forward to it. Even CroCop is going to get old real fast when he KO's Sylvia in one round. My main gripe is that fighters like Liddell don't even fight anymore. He's fought twice this year, once in August and once in February. Other than that it's been nothing but rematch after rematch and frankly, I'm couldn't care less about Ortiz/Shamrock or Sylvia/Arlovski anymore. Rampage, Herring and CC will inject some much needed life into the UFC.
Then why didn't you say it, instead of all that dumb pole-smokin' shit you posted before?  ::)
!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2006, 03:52:37 PM »
Then why didn't you say it, instead of all that dumb pole-smokin' shit you posted before?  ::)

I've said it already in this thread. I think the UFC is terrible right now and unless they get their shit straight by bringing in more than just CroCop (who I think will be back in Pride when his contract ends anyway) it's going to get played out fast. At least to the MMA fans who know something about the sport, not just that Tim Sylvia is the best HW of all time.  ::)

I'm talking about TUF scrubs like you.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2006, 05:08:05 PM »
If not for the TUF noobs, MMA wouldn't be where it is today, and we wouldn't see CC in the UFC.  I for one, am glad that Zuffa can start buying some of the top talent.  It's about damn time.  Still, no disputing this, DSE Pride does have better talent.  I would like to eventually see a "Superbowl" of sorts, but I don't think Vegas Mafia guys will do business with Yakuza.  The old days of NHB are gone, and is replaced by modern MMA.  Rules, gloves, athletic commissions/sanctioning bodies are what is getting MMA recognized.  I forsee daily updates on ESPN before big fights.  I am hoping Dana can keep enticing top talent to jump ship.  I prefer to see things live, and not one day delayed on PPV.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2006, 05:17:45 PM »
The TUF scrubs aren't doing anything. They sit there praising Tim Sylvia like he's God and buying UFC cards lining Dana's pockets while he's still not paying the fighters. I don't see anything beneficial about them. So he got CroCop, there's nothing indicating he's going to bring in anymore Pride fighters for exorbinant amounts of money. For all we know, this could be better for Pride when CroCop goes over to America to get his name out and then heads back to Pride and brings the fans with him.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2006, 05:49:13 PM »
Those TUFF noobs are the ones shelling out 40 bucks per pay view thinking Tim is God.  Wait to they get to see a Mirko, Aleks, Sergei, Josh Barnett, etc,etc.  It is like bringing TMAers into the grappling revolution of the early nineties.  You must take small steps to insure they won't get burnt.  Warm water first, then hot.  Fox sports telecasts of Pride as well as IFL is increasing saturation levels of MMA.  A discerning sports fan will be able to see the difference between the CFL and the NFL.  So when Pride fighters start getting their due, Dana will be forced to step up and pay them what they are worth. 

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2006, 12:21:50 AM »
not that im losing my mind or anything, but im thinking Sakakibara could have told Cro-Cop to go to the UFC and win the title, to show the superiority of Pride fighting in a way. That way he parades the belt, makes some defences and goes back to Pride for the inevitable show down with Fedor! Aaaaaaaaaah maybe its a dream - but what a dream!
Scouser on Tour

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2006, 01:05:08 AM »
not that im losing my mind or anything, but im thinking Sakakibara could have told Cro-Cop to go to the UFC and win the title, to show the superiority of Pride fighting in a way. That way he parades the belt, makes some defences and goes back to Pride for the inevitable show down with Fedor! Aaaaaaaaaah maybe its a dream - but what a dream!

That would prove what an evil genius Sakakibara is ...... ;D

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2006, 01:15:15 AM »
much like when Vince McMahon "sent" Vince Russo to destroy WCW ha ha ha
Scouser on Tour

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2006, 10:45:18 AM »

This is exactly what I was thinking could have been done, also. It makes sense if you think about it for a second.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2006, 11:19:53 AM »
The Pride fighters see a good payday against amatuer UFC talent...thats it.  Why not go to the UFC win the title easily (silva) make a payday and then go fight against the real talent.  Also gives Pride the chance to "up their pay".  Take a few easy paychecks, get some American fan and name recognition and then head back to PRIDE.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2007, 04:27:21 AM »
The Pride fighters see a good payday against amatuer UFC talent...thats it.  Why not go to the UFC win the title easily (silva) make a payday and then go fight against the real talent.  Also gives Pride the chance to "up their pay".  Take a few easy paychecks, get some American fan and name recognition and then head back to PRIDE.

this sounds like a great plan on paper, but i've never known pro fighting to work like this (i could be wrong). i feel certain dana would have an airtight contract on this with endorsements and future promotions that'll probably see out mirko's career (he's not getting any younger).

mirko has family commitments and responsibilities and they will ALWAYS come first.

i'm not saying he doesn't have a personal desire to rematch fedor.

Capt._America

• Getbig II
  • Would rather be feared than respected
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2007, 05:10:17 AM »
Hope Tim is shining Cro Cop's belt up for him, he doesn't have a fighter's chance, he has a snowball's chance in hell to be Cro.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2007, 07:11:26 AM »
silva is big and awkward (like an orangutan on dope) but, most of the time, he keeps his hands up, his chin down and uses his frame and height well enough to make things difficult.
That's a pretty good description of Sylvia, ;D.

The biggest complaint I have is that he doesn't fight to win; he fights not to lose.  And, yes, there's a difference.  He's the Mason Dixon of MMA ;D

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2007, 10:56:16 AM »
I can t wait to see CroCop destroy silvia. I hope that rampage can fight like he used to I havent seen him lately but he used to be a beast.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #74 on: January 01, 2007, 11:54:13 AM »
So wha' happens to all the PRIDE nuthuggers, mang? Yo' shit is going down the tubes faster than my last shit flushed down the toilet. "PRIDE is so much better", "I love PRIDE", "I want to give Fedor a blowjob"...you muthafuckas are gonna need a new stance on the boards when they're all fighting in the UFC.  :-*

LOL!  Truedat.
w