Author Topic: Is it me or does the NBA remind you of the ghetto?  (Read 5730 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Is it me or does the NBA remind you of the ghetto?
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2006, 12:38:43 PM »
Stern is gotta be sweating and going ape shit over the image of his league..

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2006, 12:49:29 PM »
Oh, my bad. I thought you where referring to the skill level required to play the game. I agree with you. The only people who are hockey fans are people who play/played the game.

Pretty cool to attend a game. But like you said, it is boring as shit to watch on tv.

Baseball people, soccer players, and golfers will argue, but hockey requires more skill than any sport I've ever attempted.  (I actually consider baseball and golf to be 'games', but included them for the sake of discussion).  Ice skating isn't easy, but to do so while maintaining control of a puck with a curved stick at the same time gorillas are trying to make a billboard out of your ass...it's definitely the #1 skill sport out there.  Basketball doesn't even come close. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2006, 01:00:05 PM »
Baseball people, soccer players, and golfers will argue, but hockey requires more skill than any sport I've ever attempted.  (I actually consider baseball and golf to be 'games', but included them for the sake of discussion).  Ice skating isn't easy, but to do so while maintaining control of a puck with a curved stick at the same time gorillas are trying to make a billboard out of your ass...it's definitely the #1 skill sport out there.  Basketball doesn't even come close. 

NO.

body88

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2006, 01:34:20 PM »
NO.

Hockey is hard as shit. You need extreme hand eye coordination to exel. You also have to be one hell of an athlete.

Football and Hockey are def the top two skill sports imo.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2006, 01:37:57 PM »
ginobli "the most talented non-black dude in nba history"

ever hear of a guy named larry bird

Or Jerry West, or John Havlicek, or Kevin Mchale, or Bill Walton, or Rick Barry,or Dave Cowens or...... You get the picture.

notice how i said PHYSICALLY talented as in athletic offensive ability. i didnt say he was the BEST non black ever, just the most physically skilled.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2006, 01:55:54 PM »
Hockey is hard as shit. You need extreme hand eye coordination to exel. You also have to be one hell of an athlete.

I'm not disputing that but I feel that football on the pro level requires a bit more physical skill, especially at the cornerback position. The body control where some of these guys contort their bodies in mid air to either defend against a pass or to catch is phenemonal.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2006, 03:05:51 PM »

Reminds me of Lacrosse. Like combining Football, soccer and hockey all in one

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2006, 10:33:22 AM »
Funny thing is that all the millionaires are suspended and with only 8 players total, the Nicks won last night with all scrubs. 
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio