Author Topic: Is it me or does the NBA remind you of the ghetto?  (Read 5758 times)

body88

Re: Is it me or does the NBA remind you of the ghetto?
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2006, 03:24:51 PM »
No idea how a person can be a fan of the nba now in days. Shit sucks.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2006, 03:54:43 PM »

I get a lot of perks from my job and I sometimes attend Washington Wizards games in the suite box level. There's a fucking turntable deck with a DJ mixing beats in the corner of the basketball court while the game is playing! I shit you not. Nothing but rap music throughout the entire game with no traditional upbeat shit to get the crowd into it.

Shit sucks, man.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2006, 03:55:29 PM »
NBA is fucking horrible. 6'10" small forwards who shoot .625% from the free throw line but still chuck three pointers. Stupid.

Barely anyone plays defense, no one hits the glass hard for rebounds.(no one has to when you got 7 feet monkeys clanking three pointers off the back iron and the ball ricochets to the fucking point guard.)

Late '80's and early to mid 90's were the NBA's glory years. Very fun to watch those battles between Jordan's Bulls versus the Knicks and Pistons. Celtics versus Lakers. Awesome stuff back then.

Today's NBA is a joke, plain and simple.

the spurs are the glorious exception to this.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 03:59:10 PM »
Someone should just give away free tickets to the Bloods and Crips and have them all show up to the game and sit back and watch the fun.   ;D
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2006, 04:02:21 PM »
I get a lot of perks from my job and I sometimes attend Washington Wizards games in the suite box level. There's a fucking turntable deck with a DJ mixing beats in the corner of the basketball court while the game is playing! I shit you not. Nothing but rap music throughout the entire game with no traditional upbeat shit to get the crowd into it.

Shit sucks, man.

That is hilarious!  I'm surprised there was not a "mc" spitting some "ill shit" during timeouts. The Celtics fucking suck and no one cares here. Which says a lot in a mega sports town like Boston. They where the greatest franchise in NBA history back in the day. Everyone was sad when red died, but basketball is struggling here now. Seems that way in most all towns. Unless you live in San Antonio, Dallas or Miami. I am sure there are more I just do not give a crap.

The nba blows :D

body88

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2006, 04:03:03 PM »
the spurs are the glorious exception to this.

If they sucked everyone would hate them to! No offense if you are a spurs fan!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2006, 04:25:18 PM »
That is hilarious!  I'm surprised there was not a "mc" spitting some "ill shit" during timeouts. The Celtics fucking suck and no one cares here. Which says a lot in a mega sports town like Boston. They where the greatest franchise in NBA history back in the day. Everyone was sad when red died, but basketball is struggling here now. Seems that way in most all towns. Unless you live in San Antonio, Dallas or Miami. I am sure there are more I just do not give a crap.

The nba blows :D

It's the yellow seats in the Fleet Center. No offense but hideous!

body88

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2006, 04:29:45 PM »
lmao!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2006, 05:08:34 PM »
Someone deleted my two posts.. lol  ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2006, 05:23:10 PM »
I want to know why this is just fine in hockey yet a big deal in the NBA when it happens even once a year? Not that important, maybe even livens up the game.

Because when thuggish White guys fight, it's always a matter of 'honor'.

::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2006, 05:25:43 PM »
Isiah Thomas is the NBA's biggest moron.

Not only is a complete failure as a coach/administrator (does anyone even remember or care about the fact he really was a great player??), but this idiot tried to excuse his guys' behavior.

Clown.

Lets not forget about the Cincy Bengals. Eight guys arrested this year at last count.

The over/under is 9-1/2 this season. 

Rockhead

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2006, 05:26:08 PM »
LOL Tre, my question is why did Carmello hit that dude and run away like a bitch last night?  He ought to get an additional 10 games for swinging at someone and running away.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2006, 05:29:45 PM »

Remember, Carmello was still running with his thug posse as recently as a year ago (haven't heard anything about him and his 'boys' this season) and so in his mind, he had to get out there and throw a punch, lest his boys declare him 'soft'.  But after he did it, he realized he was in the wrong AND that he was about to get his butt whipped, so he took off, hoping that Big Daddy Stern didn't see him sucker punch the guy. 

Oops.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2006, 06:05:19 PM »
Remember, Carmello was still running with his thug posse as recently as a year ago (haven't heard anything about him and his 'boys' this season) and so in his mind, he had to get out there and throw a punch, lest his boys declare him 'soft'.  But after he did it, he realized he was in the wrong AND that he was about to get his butt whipped, so he took off, hoping that Big Daddy Stern didn't see him sucker punch the guy. 

Oops.

Oh that's right! There was a gang video he made with some hood rat pieces of shit here in B-more. Leaked on the net where these gang dudes were talking about some people they off'd. Melo was in the background laughing like a little piece of shit.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2006, 06:29:40 PM »

It sucks because they reward players for mediocre performance. The give millions of dollars to guys who have not proven themselves, yet demand money. It is all about the money, it is good to be a NBA agent these days :-\.

There is no passion for the game these days. There is no love, like Jordan had. Hell I thought Allen Iverson was gonna be THE ONE, but his sorry ass doesn't want to practice, he is nothing but a thug who plays ball.
 SO The fuq what he went to Georgetown. I remember, he came to my college and was watching the intermerals, he was amazed at the talent, gave someone his Georgetown jersey and rolled. We were in awe...until we saw the Truth, he was not the Answer.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2006, 06:32:21 PM »
Carmelo was clearly a pussy in that fight.  He should get a fine for punches and a seperate fine for his display of faggotry.

Hi Joey Porter :)

body88

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2006, 06:39:18 PM »
Because when thuggish White guys fight, it's always a matter of 'honor'.

::)

Are you guys insinuating the nba punishing men for fighting in a basketball game is race driven? If white  NBA players behaved the way Mello and crew did, they would get the exact same treatment. Actually one of the guys ejected and suspended was white. All he did was try to break up the fight. Never threw a punch or talked a line of shit to anyone. Unfair? You're beef is with the NBA rules. The race of the players has nothing to do with it.

Btw, hockey is a contact sport and fighting has been part of the game since day one. Fighting and checking has never been a part of the NBA. Basketball has never been a full contact sport, and if fighting was a part of the game ( like in hockey) they prob would not penalize it. There are fouls every three seconds in a basketball game. Ob fighting will not be tolerated.

You are acting like fighting/comtact has not been a part of the game of hockey since it was started ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2006, 06:48:09 PM »
Basketball has never been a full contact sport

Tell that to those who have been the recipants of elbows from Bill Cartwright or Akem Olejuwan (sp). Broken eye orbits. Or the Bulls v. Knicks series. That was almost outright combat.
And then Shaq v. The Worm..good lord.

body88

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2006, 06:58:08 PM »
Tell that to those who have been the recipants of elbows from Bill Cartwright or Akem Olejuwan (sp). Broken eye orbits. Or the Bulls v. Knicks series. That was almost outright combat.
And then Shaq v. The Worm..good lord.

Hockey is a full contact sport. You are speaking about players hitting each other in a sport that is not full contact.  I agree basketball platers take shots, but it not the same as a sport where contact (hitting,checking) is within the rules.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2006, 07:22:24 PM »
Hi Joey Porter :)
Lol. 

Are you guys insinuating the nba punishing men for fighting in a basketball game is race driven? If white  NBA players behaved the way Mello and crew did, they would get the exact same treatment. Actually one of the guys ejected and suspended was white. All he did was try to break up the fight. Never threw a punch or talked a line of shit to anyone. Unfair? You're beef is with the NBA rules. The race of the players has nothing to do with it.

Btw, hockey is a contact sport and fighting has been part of the game since day one. Fighting and checking has never been a part of the NBA. Basketball has never been a full contact sport, and if fighting was a part of the game ( like in hockey) they prob would not penalize it. There are fouls every three seconds in a basketball game. Ob fighting will not be tolerated.

You are acting like fighting/comtact has not been a part of the game of hockey since it was started ::)

There are white players in the NBA????? When did this happen?  Did my letter to the ACLU go through?
Squishy face retard

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2006, 07:38:59 PM »
As soon as I saw the subject line I knew it was you Cap. But to answer your question, no the NBA does not remind me of the ghetto. You may want to look up the definition of ghetto also...

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2006, 07:42:15 PM »
As soon as I saw the subject line I knew it was you Cap. But to answer your question, no the NBA does not remind me of the ghetto. You may want to look up the definition of ghetto also...
Lol.  Az you know you love me.  Ghetto meaning how they act.  They are not out on the court back home where they should beat the crap out of each other, or at least try to.  But I promise the next time I see a brawl at a baseball game I will post it for you.  8)
Squishy face retard

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2006, 07:46:39 PM »
No need to post it, I catch sports center every night when I get home;  and yes you have a special place in my heart ;D

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2006, 07:55:02 PM »
No need to post it, I catch sports center every night when I get home;  and yes you have a special place in my heart ;D
I bet you do.  ;D  But I will just to be fair and honestly this shit surprises me because I would think the NFL would bring more fights than other sports.  I would post hockey but fights are like breathing air in that sport. For swimming news, did you know that Michael Phelps cheats on his gf constantly?
Squishy face retard

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2006, 09:17:22 PM »

Baseball?

there was that one dude a few years ago that was tired of being heckled and tried to attack this couple in the crowd

he threw a chair and it hit the fat loudmouth bitch in the face bloodying her nose :D

E
E