Author Topic: Is it me or does the NBA remind you of the ghetto?  (Read 5794 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Is it me or does the NBA remind you of the ghetto?
« on: December 17, 2006, 10:49:04 AM »
I can't believe these brawls and all this stupid shit.  It's funny that these guys think they are still out on the court back in the hood.  It's ridiculous.  You can take the thug out of the hood but not the hood out of the thug I guess.  Oh another thing, will these pussies learn how to throw a punch for God sake?
Squishy face retard

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Is it me or does the NBA remind you of the ghetto?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 10:52:44 AM »
I want to know why this is just fine in hockey yet a big deal in the NBA when it happens even once a year? Not that important, maybe even livens up the game.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 10:56:57 AM »
Pales in comparison to all those suburbanites in Massachusetts. :)

UMass students riot following lossPosted: Saturday December 16, 2006 5:45PM; Updated: Saturday December 16, 2006 5:46PM

AMHERST, Mass. (AP) -- University of Massachusetts officials promised "swift disciplinary action" against students who rioted after the football team lost the Division I-AA championship game.

Eleven people, including 10 students, were arrested and two UMass police officers sustained minor injuries in the melee, in which students lit small fires, smashed windows and threw bottles, cans, rocks and even bicycles at police, according to campus spokesman Ed Blaguszewski.

The rioting began after about 1,800 students surged onto a plaza in a southwest residential area of campus late Friday, shortly after UMass lost 28-17 to Appalachian State in the championship game in Chattanooga, Tenn.

"I'm outraged and terribly disappointed in the students involved in this disturbance," said Michael Gargano, vice chancellor for student affairs and campus life. "This type of behavior hurts the majority of our students who are studying and preparing for final exams and are at the university for all the right reasons."

The cases against the arrested students will be reviewed early this week and any discipline will be handed down by week's end, Blaguszewski said. Punishment could include expulsion and loss of this semesters academic record, Gargano said.

About 60 officers, including UMass, state and Amherst police, responded in riot gear. They used pepper ball, sting ball, flash bangs and smoke to eventually disperse the crowd, Blaguszewski said.

"Students were throwing trash cans and breaking windows and the riot squad came, and they were throwing tear gas and shooting pellets at the crowd," student Dan Nguyen told The Boston Globe. "It was pretty crazy."

The university said a damage estimate wouldn't be available until early next week.

The arrested students face charges of disorderly conduct and failure to disperse. UMass police chief Barbara O'Connor said more people could be charged or disciplined after a review of security camera video and swipe card data, which shows who went in and out of nearby residence halls.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/12/16/umass.riot.ap/index.html

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 10:57:08 AM »
I want to know why this is just fine in hockey yet a big deal in the NBA when it happens even once a year? Not that important, maybe even livens up the game.
Hockey expects it and has penalties built into the game for it, basketball doesn't.  Hockey needs it because of lower popularity and if I got paid as little as they did I would beat people up too.  Basketball players are very highly paid but still can't act civilized.
Squishy face retard

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 11:03:21 AM »
It's so true. 
Squishy face retard

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 11:05:14 AM »
i saw the highlights of it on the news.  did you see carmello anthony run in ,throw a punch and then take off ?.......chicken shit  >:(

i LOVE hockey. and IMO the reason fighting is moderately allowed is that in hockey every player has their own weapon(hockey stick) and there is a solid wall surrounding them. fighting gives them a controlled outlet so they dont start swinging sticks at each others head or ramming someone head first into the board skating at high speeds.

and its not really allowed. you are given a 5 minute penalty...at least. possibly 2 more if you are considered the instigator...tossed from the game if you are the 3rd person into the fight.......more than one game suspension if you leave the bench to go fight, and various other penalties.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 11:06:31 AM »
Carmelo was clearly a pussy in that fight.  He should get a fine for punches and a seperate fine for his display of faggotry.
Squishy face retard

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 11:19:52 AM »
Isiah Thomas is the NBA's biggest moron. And thats saying a lot. Lets not forget about the Cincy Bengals. Eight guys arrested this year at last count.
The House that Ruth built

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 11:21:09 AM »
There can never be enough violence in any type of sports.
S

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 11:21:52 AM »
There can never be enough violence in any type of sports.
These pussies can't even land a punch
Squishy face retard

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »
These pussies can't even land a punch

Actually you're right I guess.

Why do these thug types do a kind of pounding motion when they punch?
S

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 11:30:22 AM »
Actually you're right I guess.

Why do these thug types do a kind of pounding motion when they punch?
They have too much training hitting with weapons or shooting and don't know how to give a real ass whoopin.
Squishy face retard

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 11:32:21 AM »
They have too much training hitting with weapons or shooting and don't know how to give a real ass whoopin.
HAHAHAHHA damn you are so right.  Wish we agreed like this on the political forum.
S

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 11:33:02 AM »
HAHAHAHHA damn you are so right.  Wish we agreed like this on the political forum.
Lol.  It's all good, politics is real war this is just a sparring match on the General Forum.  8)
Squishy face retard

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 12:00:41 PM »
this is the second major incident in the nba and you guys talk like it happens all the time ::)

E
E

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 12:01:15 PM »
Isiah Thomas is the NBA's biggest moron. And thats saying a lot
Whoever's allowed him to continue this long in Knicks management's even more stupid if that's possible.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 12:09:22 PM »
this is the second major incident in the nba and you guys talk like it happens all the time ::)

E
So, the other sports (yes even the NFL) aren't as ghetto as the NBA and the entire team doesn't fight.  Have you ever seen an entire baseball or hockey team go into the stands and beat the shit out of spectators?  If anything, the NFL is the most civilized when it comes to this shit.  Go figure.
Squishy face retard

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 12:22:03 PM »
The NBA players are more pamered when it comes to salary, perks and less control from the coaches than football.

I really don't mind the violence; the NBA's boring.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 12:24:31 PM »
The NBA players are more pamered when it comes to salary, perks and less control from the coaches than football.

I really don't mind the violence; the NBA's boring.
I agree.  I don't like fans being attacked.  If I was at the game where fans were attacked and some skinny bastard stood toe to toe with me I'd choke his ass out and make him shit his pants, that would be a good photo op.  ;D
Squishy face retard

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 12:28:37 PM »
Actually it's BETTER to let them attack, it's an excellent opportunity to sue for damages. ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 12:37:26 PM »
So, the other sports (yes even the NFL) aren't as ghetto as the NBA and the entire team doesn't fight.  Have you ever seen an entire baseball or hockey team go into the stands and beat the shit out of spectators?  If anything, the NFL is the most civilized when it comes to this shit.  Go figure.

they can't in hockey due to the backboards

in football they get hit by thrown objects all the time but since theya re well protected with pads they don't feel the need to react

and it only happned in the nba twice...

E
E

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 12:39:51 PM »
Actually it's BETTER to let them attack, it's an excellent opportunity to sue for damages. ;)
Hahaha.  Maybe.  I'll try it on Barry Bonds.

they can't in hockey due to the backboards

in football they get hit by thrown objects all the time but since theya re well protected with pads they don't feel the need to react

and it only happned in the nba twice...

E
Baseball?
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2006, 01:11:34 PM »
Pales in comparison to all those suburbanites in Massachusetts. :)

UMass students riot following lossPosted: Saturday December 16, 2006 5:45PM; Updated: Saturday December 16, 2006 5:46PM

AMHERST, Mass. (AP) -- University of Massachusetts officials promised "swift disciplinary action" against students who rioted after the football team lost the Division I-AA championship game.

Eleven people, including 10 students, were arrested and two UMass police officers sustained minor injuries in the melee, in which students lit small fires, smashed windows and threw bottles, cans, rocks and even bicycles at police, according to campus spokesman Ed Blaguszewski.

The rioting began after about 1,800 students surged onto a plaza in a southwest residential area of campus late Friday, shortly after UMass lost 28-17 to Appalachian State in the championship game in Chattanooga, Tenn.

"I'm outraged and terribly disappointed in the students involved in this disturbance," said Michael Gargano, vice chancellor for student affairs and campus life. "This type of behavior hurts the majority of our students who are studying and preparing for final exams and are at the university for all the right reasons."

The cases against the arrested students will be reviewed early this week and any discipline will be handed down by week's end, Blaguszewski said. Punishment could include expulsion and loss of this semesters academic record, Gargano said.

About 60 officers, including UMass, state and Amherst police, responded in riot gear. They used pepper ball, sting ball, flash bangs and smoke to eventually disperse the crowd, Blaguszewski said.

"Students were throwing trash cans and breaking windows and the riot squad came, and they were throwing tear gas and shooting pellets at the crowd," student Dan Nguyen told The Boston Globe. "It was pretty crazy."

The university said a damage estimate wouldn't be available until early next week.

The arrested students face charges of disorderly conduct and failure to disperse. UMass police chief Barbara O'Connor said more people could be charged or disciplined after a review of security camera video and swipe card data, which shows who went in and out of nearby residence halls.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/12/16/umass.riot.ap/index.html

Not really. Drunken college students getting fired up is not exactly a rare occurrence. I have seen riots at other schools over far less then your team losing a championship football game. Not to mention, 35 thousand plus students go to UMASS. The riot involved a tiny percent of the student body ;)

Basketball sucks imo. Boring to watch.There is a foul every 2 seconds or so. The players all think they are gangsters and ruin any credibility the game once had.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2006, 01:25:17 PM »
It does. The niglets in the ghetto don't have much money, while those NBA players have millions and sympathy from stupid fans.
Niglets...hahahahaah Never forget the wiggers either.. ::)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 02:22:37 PM »
NBA is fucking horrible. 6'10" small forwards who shoot .625% from the free throw line but still chuck three pointers. Stupid.

Barely anyone plays defense, no one hits the glass hard for rebounds.(no one has to when you got 7 feet monkeys clanking three pointers off the back iron and the ball ricochets to the fucking point guard.)

Late '80's and early to mid 90's were the NBA's glory years. Very fun to watch those battles between Jordan's Bulls versus the Knicks and Pistons. Celtics versus Lakers. Awesome stuff back then.

Today's NBA is a joke, plain and simple.