Author Topic: Is it me or does the NBA remind you of the ghetto?  (Read 5732 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: Is it me or does the NBA remind you of the ghetto?
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2006, 09:27:28 PM »
If they sucked everyone would hate them to! No offense if you are a spurs fan!
YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!!

the spurs are known for their defensive capabilities but their offense is just as good. parker is the fastest player in the nba and routinely has the highest fg % of any guard due to his ability to burn the shit out of every big man and score in the paint.
and then theres ginobili, the most unpredictable, physically talented non-black dude in nba history. did u see the last game? have u sen any games? that guy is among the most offensively entertaining guys in the nba right now.
over the couple weeks we have beaten our opponents by an average of 17ppg, we have the best record in the nba, we have the 3rd highest winning percentage of ANY PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAM over the last decade, all of our players are always of the highest class, the spurs are and have been for a long time the most respectable, successful sports franchises in the world.
there can be no complains you bastard!!!!!

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2006, 09:30:54 PM »
ginobli "the most talented non-black dude in nba history"

ever hear of a guy named larry bird
Valhalla awaits.

body88

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2006, 09:43:09 PM »
YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!!

the spurs are known for their defensive capabilities but their offense is just as good. parker is the fastest player in the nba and routinely has the highest fg % of any guard due to his ability to burn the shit out of every big man and score in the paint.
and then theres ginobili, the most unpredictable, physically talented non-black dude in nba history. did u see the last game? have u sen any games? that guy is among the most offensively entertaining guys in the nba right now.
over the couple weeks we have beaten our opponents by an average of 17ppg, we have the best record in the nba, we have the 3rd highest winning percentage of ANY PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAM over the last decade, all of our players are always of the highest class, the spurs are and have been for a long time the most respectable, successful sports franchises in the world.
there can be no complains you bastard!!!!!

You are apparently the idiot. I was saying if the spurs where a shitty team with none of the accoliads you just mentioned no one would care about them like 80 percent of the other nba teams.

You know those loyal San Antonio sports fans ::)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2006, 06:24:34 AM »
Hockey expects it and has penalties built into the game for it, basketball doesn't.  Hockey needs it because of lower popularity and if I got paid as little as they did I would beat people up too.  Basketball players are very highly paid but still can't act civilized.

Cap, you have any idea what thes hockey players are making? They are making some serious coin. Contracts are guaranteed to unlike the NFL.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2006, 06:26:07 AM »
Carmelo was clearly a pussy in that fight.  He should get a fine for punches and a seperate fine for his display of faggotry.

He punched the guy then ran away.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2006, 06:27:19 AM »
Whoever's allowed him to continue this long in Knicks management's even more stupid if that's possible.

The Garden is empty some nights. Shit, I remember when you couldn't find a ticket.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2006, 06:28:57 AM »
NBA is fucking horrible. 6'10" small forwards who shoot .625% from the free throw line but still chuck three pointers. Stupid.

Barely anyone plays defense, no one hits the glass hard for rebounds.(no one has to when you got 7 feet monkeys clanking three pointers off the back iron and the ball ricochets to the fucking point guard.)

Late '80's and early to mid 90's were the NBA's glory years. Very fun to watch those battles between Jordan's Bulls versus the Knicks and Pistons. Celtics versus Lakers. Awesome stuff back then.

Today's NBA is a joke, plain and simple.

My age old question- Could the Bulls teams of the 90's have beaten the great Laker and Celtics teams of the 1980's?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2006, 06:32:09 AM »
ginobli "the most talented non-black dude in nba history"

ever hear of a guy named larry bird

Or Jerry West, or John Havlicek, or Kevin Mchale, or Bill Walton, or Rick Barry,or Dave Cowens or...... You get the picture.

body88

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2006, 06:43:57 AM »
The NBA was cool in the back in the day. The 80's and the Jordan era was cool.  But, now all the players think they are thugs. Listen to to much 50 cent. Nba players are the ultimate posers.

Dear nba players,

You are making millions of dollars to play a game. Kids look up to you. You are not longer in the "hood". Just because you see things in a music video, it does not mean you have to live that lifestyle. You are not gangsters. Most of you attended college.

Signed

Reality

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2006, 07:26:10 AM »
Cap, you have any idea what thes hockey players are making? They are making some serious coin. Contracts are guaranteed to unlike the NFL.
Hockey players (when they do have a season) make shit compared to other sports.

He punched the guy then ran away.
Thats why I mentioned his display of faggotry.
Squishy face retard

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2006, 09:47:38 AM »

top salary in the league right now is between $7-8 million a season.
salary cap

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2006, 10:02:16 AM »
top salary in the league right now is between $7-8 million a season.
salary cap
yep, compare that to baseball.
Squishy face retard

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2006, 10:03:33 AM »

They're still overpaid.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2006, 10:15:06 AM »
yep, compare that to baseball.

hard to compare it to baseball...when they play twice as many games a season, and sometimes 6 games a week

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2006, 10:34:11 AM »
It's not THAT big of a problem. Second fight...
What made this worse the other time was that they were fighting with "fans". That was WAY out of line. This time it's just the players, which i can kinda understand.

I'm a bball player myself and sometimes shit gets rough. Especially if you have coaches/refs that are not in touch with the game. Still, it's no excuse.

The Hiphop-attitude is stupid anyway, but what can you do about it. Kids today love it, and most of these guys are on the same mental level as them so waddaya expect.

Mello looked like a lil bitch though, slaps a guy and then sprints straight to his locker screaming for his mommy.

$

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2006, 10:38:59 AM »
just saw that carmello got a 15game suspension  ;D

body88

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2006, 10:49:58 AM »
They're still overpaid.

Why is that tre? Hockey is like basketball with a stick on ice.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2006, 10:57:34 AM »
I can't believe these brawls and all this stupid shit.  It's funny that these guys think they are still out on the court back in the hood.  It's ridiculous.  You can take the thug out of the hood but not the hood out of the thug I guess.  Oh another thing, will these pussies learn how to throw a punch for God sake?

Please explain to us what its like to be a racist like you?
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2006, 10:59:09 AM »

haha oh brother ::)

E
E

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2006, 11:06:56 AM »
I'm sorry, I thought you had already done us a favor a put a slug through your mouth.  Why don't you go screw your 23 year old skank and come back and brag again Old_Cock.  I think the insulin went to what was left of your brain.
Squishy face retard

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2006, 11:50:42 AM »
Typical night at KFC when a fight breaks out over the last chicken leg...............

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2006, 12:20:40 PM »

Go denver nuggas!

just saw that carmello got a 15game suspension  ;D

Haha, they should force him to do a UFC or pride match. Let's see how his fighting skills come out there.
$

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2006, 12:20:44 PM »

Pot calling the kettle black..

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2006, 12:21:49 PM »
Why is that tre? Hockey is like basketball with a stick on ice.

Hockey doesn't translate to TV that well.  As a result, it's tougher for the games to hold a TV audience than it is for sports like football or basketball.  

I don't know where things stand right now, but before they went on strike, the NHL was as popular as it had ever been...and those idiots blew it, because they thought they should be paid as much as NFL players.  

body88

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2006, 12:25:26 PM »
Hockey doesn't translate to TV that well.  As a result, it's tougher for the games to hold a TV audience than it is for sports like football or basketball.  

I don't know where things stand right now, but before they went on strike, the NHL was as popular as it had ever been...and those idiots blew it, because they thought they should be paid as much as NFL players.  

Oh, my bad. I thought you where referring to the skill level required to play the game. I agree with you. The only people who are loyal hockey fans are people who play/played the game.

Pretty cool to attend a game. But like you said, it is boring as shit to watch on tv.Hockey is to boring. Needs more scoring and less back and forth crap.