Author Topic: Bodybuilding and being a Christian?  (Read 19098 times)

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
Re: Bodybuilding and being a Christian?
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2006, 06:36:29 PM »
Count, I am not going to defend someone who is a self-proclaimed Christian yet lives an un-Christian life.  I doubt most Christians would.  You are making this a "you vs Christians" argument, but you are characterizing all Christians by the few conversations you have had with some ladies who say they are really good Christians and have a 100 pairs of shoes.  You have made your choice in belief; let your beliefs stand by virtue of their own values instead of in comparison to your perceptions of another religion's values (begs the question: can your religion stand on its own without Christianity to be a comparison?).

To me, this is clearly the point where we "agree to disagree".

Well, it is more than a few conversations. I was in depth in the christian community locally for a few years and obviously crossed paths with quite a large number of christians. I don't think my experiences were exceptions and I don't believe the people I met were the minority.

I mean, it is the reason I am where I am.

I do know there are good christians out there, alot of them. But humanity is a big sea and sometimes alot is far less than it would appear.

Satanism is humanism. The principles were practiced unknowingly since the beggining of time. Religion was created by man, when they wanted (needed) more.

luike101

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2007, 10:30:56 PM »
We are all sinners,that is why Jesus had to save us!!!!!  WE all do things wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!  Everyone of us!!!!!!!!  We then ask the Lord to help us then guide us to do things the way he wants us to do them!!!!!  God puts certain people in certain places for a reason!!!!!  You can be sucessful and be a Christian but as soon as you start putting these things before your faith you can have them taken away as quickly as they came.      Christians make mistakes and sin every single minute of the day we are not perfect.  We are supposed to learn from our mistakes and be open to Gods instructions.  God speaks in different ways not just conventional talking with a voice.

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2007, 05:17:46 PM »
The biggest misunderstanding of chirstianity since Christ was that in order to be a faithful christian you have to go to church on sundays, not say swear words, fast, and so on... While in actual fact its the soul one should care about, not the body - that was christ's central message.

One can go to church every sunday, fast, etc, etc...But if in his heart he has envy, hate, fear, and condemnation of people who don't live the same life style - then he's so-called christianity is a fake!

On the other hand, someone who, say, never goes to church, takes roids, trains, and dates different women, but at the same time is honest, responsible, kind, and strives to be free from prejudice - then he is 100 time more a christian than the first guy.

One should really must differentiate between rituals (e.g. church) and ture faith (the philosophy of the teachings of the Christ).

My opinion only, no offence to anyone.

Good post