Author Topic: Diet Adjustment to gain muscle and minimize fat gain  (Read 857 times)

Carter

• Getbig II
Diet Adjustment to gain muscle and minimize fat gain
« on: December 21, 2006, 06:26:10 PM »
Hi,

I need help, been working out for about 4 months, and i don't feel like I'm gaining much strength.
And I kinda feel so tired and weak during workouts.

My priority actually is dropping %BF, but I kinda realize I don't have much muscles.
(Current baseline of stats for past month: 131.95 lbs   17.95%)

Counting calories, i am aware I am going to gain body weight, but I am so paranoid about body fat.

What should I do with my diet so that I don't gain much body fat?

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
Re: Diet Adjustment to gain muscle and minimize fat gain
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 07:47:39 PM »
Hi,

I need help, been working out for about 4 months, and i don't feel like I'm gaining much strength.
And I kinda feel so tired and weak during workouts.

My priority actually is dropping %BF, but I kinda realize I don't have much muscles.
(Current baseline of stats for past month: 131.95 lbs   17.95%)

Counting calories, i am aware I am going to gain body weight, but I am so paranoid about body fat.

What should I do with my diet so that I don't gain much body fat?

Here's a quick answer for you. Keep your fat intake to less than 30 grams a day. You should be eating 6 small meals a day. Good quality proteins like chicken breast, egg whites, buffalo, turkey breast, white fish are good sources but low in fat. Fresh veggies are a freebie, eat as much as you want. Fruit in the mornings. Your carbs should be low glycemic index like brown rice, oatmeal, whole grain breads etc...Make sure you get plenty of fiber. If you eat very healthy you don't have to worry so much about calories. Calorie dense foods are almost always processed foods. If you eat as close to natural as possible, your body will thank you for it. Good luck! The web has alot of good information about low glycemic index foods as well as the USDA website.