Author Topic: HIT and cardio  (Read 1044 times)

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
HIT and cardio
« on: December 24, 2006, 11:02:17 PM »
I train HIT style for my heavy days and High Volume for my "light" days.
I dont really go light but just lighter than normal to get that nice burn and pump.
I also do 30 mins of post-workout cardio 3times/week to stay lean

I was wondering if the HIT style of training requires a certain amount of cardio or if the workouts are supposed to be so brutal that no cardio is needed

I read Arthur Jones' Colorado Experiment w/ Caisey Viator and Casey said he would go through AJ's workouts 3 times a week and eat greasy food and still get lean.
Is this true?

I also never heard of Mentzer and cardio

Is it just me or did it seem like the pros from the 70s/80s didnt have to do cardio to get ripped even though they took a lot less drugs than todays pros.

It must all be about training.

What's your opinions on these issues? 

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
Re: HIT and cardio
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 11:42:49 PM »
HIT (at least the way I do it) workouts are so short that they don't burn a lot of calories. So I've had to do more cardio and lower my caloric intake.

I've read that Mentzer had a small appetite as well.

BTW my diet is official OFF right now! Happy holidays!!  ;D

Time to feast on leftovers...  ;)
~

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 08:22:18 AM »
HIT (at least the way I do it) workouts are so short that they don't burn a lot of calories. So I've had to do more cardio and lower my caloric intake.

I've read that Mentzer had a small appetite as well.

BTW my diet is official OFF right now! Happy holidays!!  ;D

Time to feast on leftovers...  ;)

I do my sets with little to no rest and my breathing is just as heavy as if I jog or take a bike ride.
The House that Ruth built

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 08:57:36 AM »
I watch that mentzer video over and over...great video

he actuals states that cardio is counter productive and should be avoided.  So clearly Figgs is not following is teachers words

with that said he also advocates working out once every 6-8 days.  I don't see how you are suppose to be lean working out on that schedule.

How many calories can working out once per 6-8 days?  That implies that your caloric defecit must come from only eating less.  Unless you are training for competition I don't see it happening.
Here comes the money shot

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 06:31:27 PM »
Yeah I have ramped up my cardio b/c of HIT training.  25-30 minute sessions 4-6 times per week.  Is that too much or too little?  I usually do three exercises of 3 reps each 6-10 reps per bodypart final set pushing failure and beyond. 
Truly STOP WHINING