Author Topic: The state of modern "gyms"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8378 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
The state of modern "gyms"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 25, 2006, 08:18:16 AM »
i was thinking last night about why there are so many silly contraptions like swiss balls, wobble boards, bands, steps and all the other nonsense you see in "gyms" these days and i think it all stems from the fact that 95 percent of "men" don't have the genetics to bench press 500, squat or deadlift 700, shoulder press 315 and handle big weight on the other lifts but they still want to appear "hardcore" so they get a pair of 60lb. db's and do some presses on the swiss ball and then swallow their 50 grams of super duper mega ion exchanged ultra micro filtered whey goat protein and then throw on their skin tight Hollister turtleneck and their sand blasted boot cut Old Navy jeans and feel good about themselves, what do you think?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Re: The state of modern "gyms"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 08:24:35 AM »
i was thinking last night about why there are so many silly contraptions like swiss balls, wobble boards, bands, steps and all the other nonsense you see in "gyms" these days and i think it all stems from the fact that 95 percent of "men" don't have the genetics to bench press 500, squat or deadlift 700, shoulder press 315 and handle big weight on the other lifts but they still want to appear "hardcore" so they get a pair of 60lb. db's and do some presses on the swiss ball and then swallow their 50 grams of super duper mega ion exchanged ultra micro filtered whey goat protein and then throw on their skin tight Hollister turtleneck and their sand blasted boot cut Old Navy jeans and feel good about themselves, what do you think?

I think it is all in there heads. A 375 pound bench press, a 500 pound squat and a 545 pound deadlift are all possible for them but they just do not accept it as so.
just push some weight!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 08:24:42 AM »
yes you are right...you being one of those who can't put up the numbers you talked about....and you know i'm right since you won't be posting a video to prove me wrong :)...so....enjoy the swiss balls and the turtellnecks ;;muua!
i never claimed to use that type of weight but at least i try, looking at your slim, slender, skinny "build" i would venture to guess that you're one of the type of guys i just described.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 08:25:22 AM »
i think youre wrong as always.
Z

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 08:26:23 AM »

Best post ever!!

I agree a little bit, I unfortunately was in PT in a "modern" POS gym in which we instructed by these so called CALI firness guru's that IT WAS PART OF OUR JOB to go through in the first 3 sessions with a client a handfull of core exercises done on a BOSU or full ball.  I believe these guru's were delusional themselves.

Call me nuts but I do ab work sometimes on a ball still but thats about it.   They did catch a couple one time about 4 AM in that gym getting in on on a ball!!  It was talked about for month non-stopp, we were gonna write a book about the BOSU KAMASUTRA.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 08:26:40 AM »
i think youre wrong as always.

Still swinging from nuts, I see.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 08:27:15 AM »
they use the swiss balls because they don't have the actual balls to get under a goddamn barbell.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 08:27:49 AM »
they use the swiss balls because they don't have the actual balls to get under a goddamn barbell.
exactly.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 08:32:11 AM »
Still swinging from nuts, I see.

huh? nobody understand your posts. i bet not even you
Z

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 08:34:59 AM »
huh? nobody understand your posts. i bet not even you

If this is the most intelligent reply you can come up with, then I don't even know why I bother to reply. You just prove my point of you lacking any creativity or wit.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 08:36:42 AM »
If this is the most intelligent reply you can come up with, then I don't even know why I bother to reply. You just prove my point of you lacking any creativity or wit.

reply to what? you have nothing to say. this is a thread about "the state of modern gyms" and then you post a reply saying "swinging from nuts" ?! you might as well post "i like the color green!" your posts make no sense to anyone!! stop posting.

here's a tip - next time you reply in this thread, make it about 'the state of modern gyms' think you can do it? i bet you cant.
Z

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2006, 08:40:51 AM »
Squad, to some extent you make you a valid point. Not everyone is a genetic god like everyone on getbig.  But also you have years of cultural and societal crap to overcome!  

If you tell people that you work out  4-6 days per week they ask if that is healthy.  Also you forgot to factor into that equation that 95% of the populaton thinks that Brat Pit is the ideal muscular frame.  
Here comes the money shot

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2006, 08:42:57 AM »
Squad, to some extent you make you a valid point. Not everyone is a genetic god like everyone on getbig.  But also you have years of cultural and societal crap to overcome! 

If you tell people that you work out  4-6 days per week they ask if that is healthy.  Also you forgot to factor into that equation that 95% of the populaton thinks that Brat Pit is the ideal muscular frame. 

he isnīt?  >:(
Z

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2006, 08:43:24 AM »
i never claimed to use that type of weight but at least i try, looking at your slim, slender, skinny "build" i would venture to guess that you're one of the type of guys i just described.
I think he got a swiss ball for xmas.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2006, 08:46:28 AM »
Gyms today are more a reflection of the need of the people! everyone wants instant muscles but one want to put in hard word. And as such they will always fall for the latest gimmick.  

take a bunch up Brad Pitt wannabes and show them some "reseach data" and you will be able to sell them anything. Even an inflatable rubber ball as the "secret to building mucles".

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2006, 08:49:16 AM »
Squd, also keep in mind that 99% of the populatin believes in spot reduction. They believe that if a person with 30%+ BF buys an "abs machine" he will get a 6 pack in 45 days.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2006, 08:50:24 AM »
you forget that i choose to be slim...my heaviest lifts would embarass you....;)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 08:51:14 AM »
100% would take brad pitts body over squadfathers
Z

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 08:51:26 AM »
you forget that i choose to be slim...my heaviest lifts would embarass you....;)
hahahaha, of course they would "sevastese" ::) you probably don't want to get too big, right, hahahaha.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2006, 08:52:06 AM »
but still...if you want you know you can always prove me wrong....video;)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2006, 08:52:35 AM »
but still...if you want you know you can always prove me wrong....video;)
you first "big guy".

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2006, 09:02:46 AM »

rap off a few. now i'm curious.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2006, 09:07:58 AM »
that's good work. what fed did you compete in?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2006, 09:08:50 AM »
400+, 700+, 700+ @116 kg...;)...me first?...i never mentioned to be a big lifter...you are the one who keeps babbling about wights used even though it doesn't matter what u lift but how u look. i did compete in powerlifting  so that's why....but i love bb so why think about how much u lift?...get it?...i actually enjoy being slim...chiks don't find big guys that attractive :))
if you competed then there should be some pictures, post them, if you don't you're lying.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2006, 09:09:35 AM »
400+, 700+, 700+ @116 kg...;)...me first?...i never mentioned to be a big lifter...you are the one who keeps babbling about wights used even though it doesn't matter what u lift but how u look. i did compete in powerlifting  so that's why....but i love bb so why think about how much u lift?...get it?...i actually enjoy being slim...chiks don't find big guys that attractive :))

You look like you've never touched a weight in your life. Why am I not shocked you claim 700+ lifts. Haven't you also mentioned being Roger Federer's trainer and a model?  ::)