Author Topic: Internet Anonymity  (Read 12380 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: Internet Anonymity
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 11:30:41 AM »
i don't know what "undepended" is, but stark you're like one of those guys who whines about the 1st amendment when someone tells them to stop yelling racist epithets.

we're not talking about government intervention here, it was a question about how the dynamics of the board would change if everyone had one account to their name and each account was paired with a real name and a picture. it's pretty much a given here that the majority of posters are bullshitters and/or gimmick accounts.

personally i think a good idea would be to make each poster submit a picture of some kind where they hold a sign that has their name on it. they can blur out the face if they'd like, but it has to be at least an upper body shot and a piece of paper. that way they have their anonymity and if they start acting like a dick about how someone looks we can all see how they look themselves.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 11:31:31 AM »
i always found it ironic that all the fitness chicks are upfront about who the yare yet most people guys insist on remaining anonymous .... (which is prolly why they turned to bodybuilding in the first place, being cowards and all)

i wouldnt want me ol parents number/work number posted cause i know it would be called a few thousand times ... other than that i never had any issue saying im james simon, 26, toronto (the sexy stud in my pic) and i train at venice ... so far i havent had any autograph seekers ;D
Good post.

Fitness/Figure girls tend to put their real names as their screen handle because they first of all...NEVER EVER get involved with drama and they are ON to simply market themselves to promote their 'careers'.

240 and I know all to well that it is EASY to find out who someone is and we also know how small these cirlces are and how much smaller this industry is.

Industry people know who is behind 'TheBlockHead' character as well as a handful on here...I don't mind but if I can go back and do it over again...I would have kept tighter clamp on my identity 'Sarcasm' style.

Funny thing is...I went to a local show here in Chicagoland a few months back and I was recognized by two 'fanboys' who READ this board all day long every day but don't post.

"...dude it IS him...hey man...are you BlockHead from getbig? DOOD...I fkn TOLD YOU! Dude...you're the MAN! Dood...you fkn hilarious...is it true that you and Dante got into a fistfight at the Arnold? No? Oh...hey man so I thought you were black....dude hey so who's that guy True Adonis? Do you know him? Awww man this is awesome...let me take a picture of you on my camera phone...my girlfriend thinks you're funny to...cool...hey so you are pretty big...that picture you looked small...cool..."

My inside sources tell me I MUST turn over a new leaf 240-style and 'reinvent' my character...."or els".
?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 11:34:33 AM »
yeah you're a real celebrity blockhead  ::)
Z

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 11:37:19 AM »

It's a part of the life...knowwhatImsayin, Bluto? It's a doggy-dog world...

?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 11:40:52 AM »
The trick is to use your Industry Account for the productive things, and your Troll Account for the funny stuff. 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »
The trick is to use your Industry Account for the productive things, and your Troll Account for the funny stuff. 

Word!

That reminds me...I need to make a GIMMICK account today...
?

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 11:48:58 AM »
Word!

That reminds me...I need to make a GIMMICK account today...

You mean you're not also DavidPaul?

Damn this gets so confusing....

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006, 11:50:15 AM »
The most ironic part of this might be the fact that thread starter is a gimmick himself. Talk about one gigantic pussy.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2006, 11:50:55 AM »
 No my gimmick is 'SpecialEd'.

Davidpaul's gimmick is 'TheBlockHead'...wait...no, SpecialEd is also 'TheBlockHead' and davidpaul is SpecialEd and....wait...awww fuck nevermind.
?

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2006, 11:51:42 AM »

Davidpaul's gimmick is 'TheBlockHead'...wait...no, SpecialEd is also 'TheBlockHead' and davidpaul is SpecialEd and....wait...awww f**k nevermind.

Exactly

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2006, 11:51:56 AM »
listen act like this is not a back woods wisky drinking ho down and go away.dont let my post count fool ya im no noob..

meltdown
T

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2006, 11:52:16 AM »
yeah you're a real celebrity blockhead  ::)

Are you jealous because block has the x-factor and you don't, Bluto?   ;)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2006, 11:53:42 AM »
dear rob

i am not on here to meet single men

try again after ive had 2 beers ;D

LMAO..Hahahahahahahaha!!

luv2build

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2006, 12:22:38 PM »
both of you noobs

Please explain what a noob is?

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2006, 12:27:05 PM »
Please explain what a noob is?

it's boob........not noob..........  ;D
are you delusional?

sandycoosworth

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2006, 12:28:37 PM »

Davidpaul's gimmick is 'TheBlockHead'...wait...no, SpecialEd is also 'TheBlockHead' and davidpaul is SpecialEd and....wait...awww f**k nevermind.

im pretty sure special ed is mike "chastity" strange

ps g's up ho's down, squares dont fuck around know what im sayin

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2006, 12:39:42 PM »
im pretty sure special ed is mike "chastity" strange

ps g's up ho's down, squares dont f**k around know what im sayin
I do know and you are wrong. Thank you!
?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2006, 12:46:21 PM »

guy please, you know your my gimmick,

david "special ed" paul.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2006, 01:23:38 PM »
it's a little-known fact that 98% of the accounts on here are used by jimmy, rob, adonis, and blockhead. amazing, isn't it?

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2006, 01:27:11 PM »
i always found it ironic that all the fitness chicks are upfront about who the yare yet most people guys insist on remaining anonymous .... (which is prolly why they turned to bodybuilding in the first place, being cowards and all)

i wouldnt want me ol parents number/work number posted cause i know it would be called a few thousand times ... other than that i never had any issue saying im james simon, 26, toronto (the sexy stud in my pic) and i train at venice ... so far i havent had any autograph seekers ;D

venice fitness?  which one they both look great.

it's a little-known fact that 98% of the accounts on here are used by jimmy, rob, adonis, and blockhead. amazing, isn't it?

and bast

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2006, 01:36:22 PM »
personally i think a good idea would be to make each poster submit a picture of some kind where they hold a sign that has their name on it. they can blur out the face if they'd like, but it has to be at least an upper body shot and a piece of paper. that way they have their anonymity and if they start acting like a dick about how someone looks we can all see how they look themselves.

I have to admit i wasnt reading all of your post.... :-*

I saw Internet anonymity and thread and my mind went into overdrive...

Sorry bro,

I have no problem with a rule like that at all.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2006, 02:42:20 PM »
I've waived my right to anonymity by putting my ugly mug in my avatar - that way, no-one can ever accuse me of hiding behind my keyboard in anonymity - I ain't bothered what people say about me. Respect to anyone who puts their face on here.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2006, 02:47:34 PM »
I've waived my right to anonymity by putting my ugly mug in my avatar - that way, no-one can ever accuse me of hiding behind my keyboard in anonymity - I ain't bothered what people say about me. Respect to anyone who puts their face on here.

Think you could put your sister's mug in your avatar? 

I've really been wantin to rub one out this afternoon.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2006, 02:50:01 PM »
I thought you'd be tired out from taking Squadfather up the ass.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2006, 02:55:34 PM »
I thought you'd be tired out from taking Squadfather up the ass.

Dang.....sensitive today!   No sweat, I can pop to a pic of your mother almost as easily.

I'd prefer your sister though.