Author Topic: Troponin deadlifting 635 for 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 17306 times)

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
Re: Troponin deadlifting 635 for 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2006, 01:51:24 PM »
how'd it work out for ya?  I tried it but my low back couldn't handle it so I dropped it kinda quickly.

Made me realize just how horrible my cardiovascular conditioning is. lol

We kept them in for a whole "blast," but we really didn't get much stronger on them.  It ended up being breathing as a limitation for the exercise, as opposed to strength. 
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2006, 01:52:24 PM »
Made me realize just how horrible my cardiovascular conditioning is. lol

We kept them in for a whole "blast," but we really didn't get much stronger on them.  It ended up being breathing as a limitation for the exercise, as opposed to strength. 
shit that 225 flew up like it was the bar.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2006, 02:01:54 PM »

Lord Squadfather...

Is it safe to say that Justin Trop is 100% SQUAD APPROVED? I believe that Father kiwiol would approve. Can you speak on this, please?
?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2006, 02:04:19 PM »
Lord Squadfather...

Is it safe to say that Justin Trop is 100% SQUAD APPROVED? I believe that Father kiwiol would approve. Can you speak on this, please?
absolutely, i have nothing but respect for this young monster, both him and Steve actually.

G Diesel

• Getbig II
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2006, 02:08:39 PM »

Justin is a monster... Impressive and inspiring. Peace, G

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »
Lord Squadfather...

Trop is most definetely SQUAD approved. He's a beast. Trop should get Kuclo posting here.

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2006, 02:13:55 PM »
Theres alot of Dennis Wolff in those wheels of Trops

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2006, 02:14:26 PM »
I know what its like to have personal drama...it's like a cancer that infests your thoughts and the ability to get a quality growth producing workout is next to impossible. Usually the culprit are WOMEN.

Check it out, natural al...last week I trained delts with a MAYHEMer (E.C. Illa) and he does DC and I agreed to train delts "his way" so we started off with smith machine shoulder pressing...this is what I did.

1 plate a side...12 reps(warmup) 1 plate a side...5 reps (warmup)

1 plate and 25 a side...8 reps, 2 plates a side...5 reps 2 plates and 25 a side...6 hard reps...focusing on the negative with him giving me 3 forced reps so I finished with 9...racked the weight took 15 breaths and he added a 5 on each end so I did 3 more...racked it...15 breathes he added another 5 on each end I barely got 3 as he had his hands on my elbows giving me a little nudge.

I racked it and he stripped off some weight so it was a plate, a quater and a 5 on each end and he let me rest for 90 seconds then he made me do that for 20 reps. I gotta say...after rep 14 I couldnt hear the music in the backround anymore and I wanted to quit after rep 17 but he pushed me until I got 20. I was wrecked.

I wanted to do laterals afterwards but he wouldnt let me eplaing to me to keep the faith as I did more than enough. I'll admit...I usually never ever get sore in my shoulders but the next day I felt like I had bad sunburn all over my torso, my LATS, triceps, abs, neck and delts.

as I understand it that's not really how a dc session for shoulders should go.  Seems like you did a little too much work and DC guys usually don't do strip sets.

I woulda just did my warm ups and taken weight I could get 8 good reps with and get my 8, nice slow controlled negatives and when I failed I'd rack it take 12-15 deep breaths and go again-you should get 2-4 reps and when you faill, rack it again, another 12-15 deep breaths and go again, this time when you fail rack it, wait abot 10 seconds and do a static hold for about 20 seconds-you'd only lower the weight about 1/4 of the way and hold it...once you're done there, that's it then you do you're stretch.

Next time up the wieght or shoot for more reps, trust me it don't seem like much on paper but going heavier and heavier for more and more reps will kick you're ass.
nasser=piece of shit

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2006, 02:15:24 PM »
i didn't realize his legs were that big, awesome sweep.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2006, 02:16:26 PM »
I remember reading about Troops pre, during and post workout nutrition...I was wondering if he would be kind enough to post it here.  It was a good read but I can't remember where I read it, I know he takes in a shake before, during and after training but I can't remember the carbs to protien ratio's.
nasser=piece of shit

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2006, 02:16:57 PM »

Well, it's understandable why he can squat 500 for 15-20 reps.  :o

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2006, 02:28:39 PM »
I remember reading about Troops pre, during and post workout nutrition...I was wondering if he would be kind enough to post it here.  It was a good read but I can't remember where I read it, I know he takes in a shake before, during and after training but I can't remember the carbs to protien ratio's.

Here is what I currently do on my "high carb" days.  I alternate carb amounts all year, even in the offseason.  Obviously each person will be different, so out of respect for my clients, I will only say what I am currently doing.

I train at 9:30 in the morning, so I will give the timing of the meals here:
9:00: 50g waxy maize, 30g whey isolate ion-exchange, 10g BCAA's

during workout: (I finish about 15min before I'm done training) 50g waxy maize, 10g BCAA's, 5g whey isolate, 5g L-leucine

10:45: 110g waxy maize, 10g BCAA's, 5g L-leucine, 45g whey isolate ion exchange

I have 2 cups white rice and 6oz of cooked chicken breast at 12:30

For a long time I had been taking the 45g whey isolate about 15min after the waxy maize post workout, in an attempt to keep the osmolality of the Waxy Maize as low as possible.  I've experimented both ways, and I'm currently adding the protein into that meal to see if I notice a difference.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2006, 02:38:28 PM »
Trop, what do u honestly think of the taste of waxy maize?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2006, 03:10:02 PM »

FAWK!

I could read this guys teaching like...all fkn day long. If MD was smart they'd lose that guy...what's his name? Loves mountains of ebony muscle. I forget his name and get Justin here his own monthly column.

Isn't vitargo the same as waxy maize?

Sf and BF...I am glad to see as an associate and stockholder in The Squad that Justin and Stevie K are 100% Squad APPROVED.
?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2006, 03:12:17 PM »
FAWK!

I could read this guys teaching like...all fkn day long. If MD was smart they'd lose that guy...what's his name? Loves mountains of ebony muscle. I forget his name and get Justin here his own monthly column.

Sf and BF...I am glad to see as an associate and stockholder in The Squad that Justin and Stevie K are 100% Squad APPROVED.

You mean Hiney Rimjob.

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2006, 03:13:12 PM »
Trop, what do u honestly think of the taste of waxy maize?

Mixed with crystal light, it tastes good.  The texture doesn't change, but that texture is why it works well, so I deal with it. 
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2006, 03:15:39 PM »
FAWK!

Waxy Maize and Vitargo are both high molecular weight carbohydrates (which is why they work well), but they are different.  Vitargo has changed it's formula at some point in recent years.  It now tastes less sweet, and mixes more easily.  I think they changed from a waxy maize starch to a barley starch. 

There are many versions of a waxy maize starch.  I don't know the specifics, as I don't produce it, but I know that trueprotein went through at least 13 variations of waxy maize before they found one that worked and was palatable. 

You can also get a high molecular weight carb from potato sources, if I'm told correctly.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2006, 03:21:58 PM »
 No comment. I get into enough trouble on here.

Straight up. I know Ironman Magazine did a feature on Trop maybe a year ago. This guy has a whole fkn cult following. In my eyes Chad and eh...yea that other guy are like...corporate franchise "gurus". I'd rather have Chad cover GEAR and bodybuilding pharmecuticals more often than plugging NutrX and constantly constantly talking about Ronnie being full and correcting Ronnies offseason diet. Guys like Ronnie are NOT in a category as 99% of us. Ronnie eats fkn french fries and pizza during his pre-contest prep as he told Jay Leno in 2002.

Fk advice from Dexter. He has a typical metabolism of a eh...ummm...all I'm saying is he doesnt have to do cardio and BRAGS about it and diets for like 2 weeks before a show so when he says..."Yea, do 40 minutes of treadmill and lower your carbs" it's as meaningful to me as a Pauly Shore movie.

Ruhl, Henry...it's ludacris to even read thier 'Q&A'. Outside of Palumbo and Lewyllen and the Romano Factor...there's nothing els worth reading. Nothing. I think I buy it out of habit.

Imagine a column by Justin. 'Trop Says'. That's be GREAT! I'd buy it just for that...he can talk about trueprotein.com that's fine because from what my research shows me is that trueprotein is the most honest and legit company around with one goal in mind...quality.

Sure beats Gustavo telling us that he loves anatorp70 and CELL TECH is what made him gain 40lbs in 4 years.  
?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2006, 03:52:27 PM »
Waxy Maize and Vitargo are both high molecular weight carbohydrates (which is why they work well), but they are different.  Vitargo has changed it's formula at some point in recent years.  It now tastes less sweet, and mixes more easily.  I think they changed from a waxy maize starch to a barley starch. 

There are many versions of a waxy maize starch.  I don't know the specifics, as I don't produce it, but I know that trueprotein went through at least 13 variations of waxy maize before they found one that worked and was palatable. 

You can also get a high molecular weight carb from potato sources, if I'm told correctly.
you don't eat a solid food meal before you train Trop?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2006, 04:01:52 PM »
Here is what I currently do on my "high carb" days.  I alternate carb amounts all year, even in the offseason.  Obviously each person will be different, so out of respect for my clients, I will only say what I am currently doing.

I train at 9:30 in the morning, so I will give the timing of the meals here:
9:00: 50g waxy maize, 30g whey isolate ion-exchange, 10g BCAA's

during workout: (I finish about 15min before I'm done training) 50g waxy maize, 10g BCAA's, 5g whey isolate, 5g L-leucine

10:45: 110g waxy maize, 10g BCAA's, 5g L-leucine, 45g whey isolate ion exchange

I have 2 cups white rice and 6oz of cooked chicken breast at 12:30

For a long time I had been taking the 45g whey isolate about 15min after the waxy maize post workout, in an attempt to keep the osmolality of the Waxy Maize as low as possible.  I've experimented both ways, and I'm currently adding the protein into that meal to see if I notice a difference.
How would you approach your 'low carb' days as far as what you use before, during and after training? How much would the waxy maize serving be lowered and would the protein amount increase?
?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2006, 04:06:28 PM »
No comment. I get into enough trouble on here.

Straight up. I know Ironman Magazine did a feature on Trop maybe a year ago. This guy has a whole fkn cult following. In my eyes Chad and eh...yea that other guy are like...corporate franchise "gurus". I'd rather have Chad cover GEAR and bodybuilding pharmecuticals more often than plugging NutrX and constantly constantly talking about Ronnie being full and correcting Ronnies offseason diet. Guys like Ronnie are NOT in a category as 99% of us. Ronnie eats fkn french fries and pizza during his pre-contest prep as he told Jay Leno in 2002.

Fk advice from Dexter. He has a typical metabolism of a eh...ummm...all I'm saying is he doesnt have to do cardio and BRAGS about it and diets for like 2 weeks before a show so when he says..."Yea, do 40 minutes of treadmill and lower your carbs" it's as meaningful to me as a Pauly Shore movie.

Ruhl, Henry...it's ludacris to even read thier 'Q&A'. Outside of Palumbo and Lewyllen and the Romano Factor...there's nothing els worth reading. Nothing. I think I buy it out of habit.

Imagine a column by Justin. 'Trop Says'. That's be GREAT! I'd buy it just for that...he can talk about trueprotein.com that's fine because from what my research shows me is that trueprotein is the most honest and legit company around with one goal in mind...quality.

Sure beats Gustavo telling us that he loves anatorp70 and CELL TECH is what made him gain 40lbs in 4 years.  
or how Gustavo's arms went from 15 to 17 inches in the first TWO WEEKS of his training. ::)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »

Hahahahahaha! Yea...or how the reason why Jay finally wont he 'O' is because he used 'Adoplan' to switch on the dormant muscle fibers.

Lately I've been picking up Ironman Magazine. I noticed there are hardly EVER MuscleTech ads in it and I am not sure whybut it's probably why I've been buying that mag despite 'MuscleLinks' supps.

?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2006, 04:19:20 PM »
Hahahahahaha! Yea...or how the reason why Jay finally wont he 'O' is because he used 'Adoplan' to switch on the dormant muscle fibers.

Lately I've been picking up Ironman Magazine. I noticed there are hardly EVER MuscleTech ads in it and I am not sure whybut it's probably why I've been buying that mag despite 'MuscleLinks' supps.

seems like the training info is more HIT related in Ironman, i kind of like that training series that Steve Holman and Jonathan Lawson had going in ther, Train, Eat and Grow or something like that, it was kind of fun to read.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2006, 04:27:38 PM »

Ron Harris has a good thing going with that 'A Bodybuilder is Born' series.

As of late I've been reading IM. It's a little bit more practical and has more scientific info. At least it doesnt have a 'Ask The Pros' Q/A section. The 'Q/A' are from more realistic people that we have a chance to build a physique similar to like John Hansen(who's a good friend of mine) rather than Markus Ruhl telling us..'Yea, do wide grip bench presses and eat 6 times a day and I do preacher curls for 3 sets of 16 '.

Latest issue as ZERO MuscleTech ads. Thank God.

I'd LOVE to see Jutin Harris with his own column in Ironman. Fawk MD...forget I even suggested that. Trop is too good for it. Maybe Trop should start his own thing. The mofo has enough street cred and following. At least it wont be month after month of Ronnie Coleman was too relaxed with his prep and his carbs were holding steady and he filled out better with yams or that other knucklehead BRAGGING about how great he is and how he likes mountains of ebony muscle.
?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2006, 04:29:54 PM »
Ron Harris has a good thing going with that 'A Bodybuilder is Born' series.

As of late I've been reading IM. It's a little bit more practical and has more scientific info. At least it doesnt have a 'Ask The Pros' Q/A section. The 'Q/A' are from more realistic people that we have a chance to build a physique similar to like John Hansen(who's a good friend of mine) rather than Markus Ruhl telling us..'Yea, do wide grip bench presses and eat 6 times a day and I do preacher curls for 3 sets of 16 '.

Latest issue as ZERO MuscleTech ads. Thank God.

I'd LOVE to see Jutin Harris with his own column in Ironman. Fawk MD...forget I even suggested that. Trop is too good for it. Maybe Trop should start his own thing. The mofo has enough street cred and following. At least it wont be month after month of Ronnie Coleman was too relaxed with his prep and his carbs were holding steady and he filled out better with yams or that other knucklehead BRAGGING about how great he is and how he likes mountains of ebony muscle.
yeah i liked that series from Ron, it was on bb.com, pretty good stuff, you want to get an awesome book on training get The Complete Keys to Progress from John McCallum, awesome book.