Author Topic: Troponin deadlifting 635 for 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16898 times)

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
Re: Troponin deadlifting 635 for 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2006, 04:42:26 PM »
I thought chris posted a clip of 600 for 1,  that's a long way from 3 reps.    Plus Trop looked like he could have done more.

I will do it and post a video for you within the next couple of weeks.

Chris
w

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2006, 04:43:29 PM »
I thought chris posted a clip of 600 for 1,  that's a long way from 3 reps.    Plus Trop looked like he could have done more.

Oh, and check out my picture in this month's Powerlifting USA.

Chris
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2006, 04:45:41 PM »
I will do it and post a video for you within the next couple of weeks.

Chris

It's a shame you don't look like Trop though, which is why you're here trying to justify your existence to the world like anyone cares.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2006, 04:53:44 PM »
It's a shame you don't look like Trop though, which is why you're here trying to justify your existence to the world like anyone cares.

It's not a shame.  I would not mind looking like he does.  He is a huge guy and very strong.  That look is just not in the cards for me naturally and I don't plan to anything else so I will just have to live with how I look now. 

As for me justifying my existence, that is just a lame comment.  I would think you might conjure up something better before typing it.

One more time for the dim-witted, he is a VERY strong guy and I think that is an impressive feat.  My comments had little to do with him and were not intended to belittle him in any way. 
w

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2006, 05:16:21 PM »
you don't eat a solid food meal before you train Trop?

I have a meal at 7:30-8:00am.  1 scoop egg white protein, 1 scoop whey isolate, and either grits or lower sugar oatmeal.  Occasionally some cereal if the wife buys something good, which is rare. 
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Bast175

« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2006, 05:17:26 PM »
I have a meal at 7:30-8:00am.  1 scoop egg white protein, 1 scoop whey isolate, and either grits or lower sugar oatmeal.  Occasionally some cereal if the wife buys something good, which is rare. 

No reason to eat "clean" like that.

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2006, 05:18:14 PM »
How would you approach your 'low carb' days as far as what you use before, during and after training? How much would the waxy maize serving be lowered and would the protein amount increase?

In the offseason, I'll either drop the carbs from pre and during post workout, drop the during workout all together, or keep it the same and drastically cut carbs the rest of the day.  

I'm only training 4x a week right now, and having between 3-4 high carb/cal days, so most of my training days are high carb.  

Precontest, I drop the pre and during carb drink for the most part, unless I'm way ahead of schedule, and want to fill out some.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2006, 05:19:06 PM »
No reason to eat "clean" like that.

Why not? 
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Bast175

« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2006, 05:23:03 PM »
Why not? 

Because a calorie is a calorie and you only need so much protein.  Your body can use simple carbs and fat just fine for energy.

Mike Mentzer knew that and did pretty well as a bodybuilder.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2006, 05:25:22 PM »
Because a calorie is a calorie and you only need so much protein.  Your body can use simple carbs and fat just fine for energy.

shut the fuck up bast...don't ruin a good thread with you're stupid ass adonis principle shit. 
nasser=piece of shit

Bast175

« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2006, 05:29:57 PM »
shut the f**k up bast...don't ruin a good thread with you're stupid ass adonis principle shit. 

oh, sorry to interrupt your circle jerk over your dream muscleman.

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2006, 05:31:04 PM »

Explain to me how a calorie is a calorie?  

Protein is nitrogen based, fat is carbon and hydrogen based, as are carbohydrates.  How do they not differ in the body?  

Just because you can use something for energy doesn't make it the most effective for that role.  
Obviously protein can be used for energy, and in reality, the human body doesn't even need carbohydrates to survive, but the conversion of protein to useable glucose, or use of BCAA's directly by the body is a much less effective method of energy production than using glucose.  

simple sugars are a great source of energy, and in fact, all carbohydrates are broken down to monosaccharides when they are absorbed through the small intestine, but when ingesting simple sugars, you have to deal with varied levels of blood sugar.  
Glucose is only an effective energy source when it is available, so shortly after ingesting simple sugars, you're back to lacking an efficient energy source.  

It's fun to say that a calorie is a calorie, and it's much more fun to eat that way obviously, but as far as an applicable use for bodybuilding, I don't buy it.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2006, 05:33:29 PM »
oh, sorry to interrupt your circle jerk over your dream muscleman.

go back to blowin you're hero adonis, it's better for your image cause everytime you post something you sound dumber and dumber.  It's amazing how a guy who's in decent shape like you has no self esteem what so ever and has to be led around in life by another dude.  You wanna talk about a circle jerk?  EVerytime someone posts about your boy you come running to the rescue.  

Take his dick out of your mouth and start being a man for God's sake, it would be so much better for you.
nasser=piece of shit

Bast175

« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2006, 05:34:18 PM »
I ate clean for a long time, and I don't anymore and find there is no difference.

Have you ever tried it Trop.?

Bast175

« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2006, 05:35:37 PM »
go back to blowin you're hero adonis, it's better for your image cause everytime you post something you sound dumber and dumber.  It's amazing how a guy who's in decent shape like you has no self esteem what so ever and has to be led around in life by another dude.  You wanna talk about a circle jerk?  EVerytime someone posts about your boy you come running to the rescue. 

Take his dick out of your mouth and start being a man for God's sake, it would be so much better for you.

You're always talking about him not me.  Take your own advice.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2006, 05:37:14 PM »
You're always talking about him not me.  Take your own advice.

I haven't said a word about him until you came in here being a dick, there was good practical advice being given out.  Non of this "I eat anything I want but there's science behind it....but I won't tell you bullshit."
nasser=piece of shit

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2006, 05:39:57 PM »
I ate clean for a long time, and I don't anymore and find there is no difference.

Have you ever tried it Trop.?

of course I've tried it.  I didn't even think about being a bodybuilder for the first 8 years I trained.  And I looked like I didn't eat like a bodybuilder. 

There is a difference between eating clean, and detailing a diet to achieve your goals. 
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2006, 05:43:50 PM »
Explain to me how a calorie is a calorie?  

Protein is nitrogen based, fat is carbon and hydrogen based, as are carbohydrates.  How do they not differ in the body?  

Just because you can use something for energy doesn't make it the most effective for that role.  
Obviously protein can be used for energy, and in reality, the human body doesn't even need carbohydrates to survive, but the conversion of protein to useable glucose, or use of BCAA's directly by the body is a much less effective method of energy production than using glucose.  

simple sugars are a great source of energy, and in fact, all carbohydrates are broken down to monosaccharides when they are absorbed through the small intestine, but when ingesting simple sugars, you have to deal with varied levels of blood sugar.  
Glucose is only an effective energy source when it is available, so shortly after ingesting simple sugars, you're back to lacking an efficient energy source.  

It's fun to say that a calorie is a calorie, and it's much more fun to eat that way obviously, but as far as an applicable use for bodybuilding, I don't buy it.

I love it. There is your science, a Calorie is not simply a Calorie.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2006, 06:37:43 PM »

I don't know what Chris looks like, but if what you say is true then that is exactly the most basic example of how strength increases do not correlate with larger muscles.  At my strongest, I was not my biggest and many powerlifters are perfect examples of this as well.  Anyone that handles big weight deserves credit just as anyone that's developed a legit high level physique.  This thread is about Troponin and should stay that way.

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2006, 06:47:29 PM »
Getbig is lucky to have Trop here.

Not only is he a beast in the gym but he knows his stuff when it comes to nutrition.

Here are several good threads by Trop on waxy maize for those interested.

http://www.intensemuscle.com/17685-my-experience-non-conventional-use-waxy-maize.html?highlight=wms

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18611

http://www.intensemuscle.com/16033-waxy-maize-could-you-reveal-please.html

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2006, 07:10:57 PM »
I don't know what Chris looks like, but if what you say is true then that is exactly the most basic example of how strength increases do not correlate with larger muscles. At my strongest, I was not my biggest and many powerlifters are perfect examples of this as well.  Anyone that handles big weight deserves credit just as anyone that's developed a legit high level physique.  This thread is about Troponin and should stay that way.
Come on now, you can't compare like that between two individuals, you should only compare the individual to himself. Do you think Chris Mason was bigger when he was pulling 200lbs less? What are the chances of that?

Do you think Troponin could increase his pull by say 100lbs while getting smaller?!! Like I said, if he ever gets a 800 pull I think it's safe to say he will be bigger than he is now.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2006, 07:27:11 PM »
Come on now, you can't compare like that between two individuals, you should only compare the individual to himself. Do you think Chris Mason was bigger when he was pulling 200lbs less? What are the chances of that?

Do you think Troponin could increase his pull by say 100lbs while getting smaller?!! Like I said, if he ever gets a 800 pull I think it's safe to say he will be bigger than he is now.

Maybe in Troponin's case it's safe to say (because he is a bodybuilder and getting bigger/better is probably a concern) but in most strength athletes case it is NOT safe to assume that a increase of 100 pounds on a deadlift will correspond with increase in size...not at all.  Just look at the experts in the field of powerlifting, they can increase poundages while maintaining a weight class.  I've handled many big weights and definitly was NOT my biggest when I did.  A 17 year old football player that got a scholorship to Florida State last year came to me benching 335 at 270, 6 months later he was over 4 hundred but weighed in at 275...That's simple and very well understood among strength coaches and bodybuilders.  Vin, are you a competitor in bodybuilding or powerlifting or weightlifting?  If so you should understand this and if not then I understand why it's not believeable to you....It's the things you learn when actually hands on that defy logic, although this is very logical.     

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2006, 07:37:42 PM »
Maybe in Troponin's case it's safe to say (because he is a bodybuilder and getting bigger/better is probably a concern) but in most strength athletes case it is NOT safe to assume that a increase of 100 pounds on a deadlift will correspond with increase in size...not at all.  Just look at the experts in the field of powerlifting, they can increase poundages while maintaining a weight class.  I've handled many big weights and definitly was NOT my biggest when I did.  A 17 year old football player that got a scholorship to Florida State last year came to me benching 335 at 270, 6 months later he was over 4hundred but weighed in at 275...That's simple and very well understood amon strength coaches and bodybuilders.  Vin, are you a competitor in bodybuilding or powerlifting or weightlifting?  If so you should understand this and if not then I understand why it's not believeable to you....It's the things you learn when atually hands on that defy logic, although this is very logical.     
I have competed in bb a long time ago but I'm just a student of weight lifting nowadays LOL.

I know perfectly well that it's possible to increase your max without increasing bodyweight. A powerlifter trains his nervous system, polishes his technique, learns to use the gear better and on and on. The guy you're talking about sounds like a novice at best, and research tells us that during the first 6 months of training the strength gains are neural in nature. Just an example.

If we take an advanced bodybuilder like trop, who does deadlifts or benches in a bodybuilding context, which includes a higher rep range compared to a powerlifter, a different execution of the lift etc he will get bigger as he gets stronger. It is extremely unlikely he could add 100lbs to his dead at this stage of his lifting career without adding mass.

If he decided to become a pure powerlifter and did a bunch of low rep work only and polished his technique he could add some strength without getting bigger, but not in the context we are talking about where the exercises are done within a bodybuilding program.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2006, 07:55:59 PM »
While I understand the logic it really isn't that simple.  The football player is a kid that has been training since age 14 so, yes, he is a novice weight lifter, but still at it 4 years and will be a pro lineman one day.
I certainitly am not a novice and have been training 25 years.  I was probably my strongest (in basic lifts) in 2002 at a bodyweight of 260 and not 2003 at a bodyweight of 320...were my muscles bigger at 320, yes, but not stronger in a total max effort.  In Troponin's case, like I said he probably will be bigger as he gets stronger because that is his focus, I believe, however if getting bigger was NOT his focus he could still get stronger.  In any case it's an interesting discussion.

Actually I need to add that I was my strongest in many lifts in 95-6 at about 250- 60 and not 02.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2006, 08:33:15 PM »
Fixed it for you.  Nobody is stealing my lunch.

Well if he eats you then it looks like he gets your lunch too!

Troponon,

Do you think you could deadlift 225 x 112 like TA claims to?