Author Topic: Troponin deadlifting 635 for 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16895 times)

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Troponin deadlifting 635 for 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2006, 09:09:48 PM »
Maybe in Troponin's case it's safe to say (because he is a bodybuilder and getting bigger/better is probably a concern) but in most strength athletes case it is NOT safe to assume that a increase of 100 pounds on a deadlift will correspond with increase in size...not at all.  Just look at the experts in the field of powerlifting, they can increase poundages while maintaining a weight class.  I've handled many big weights and definitly was NOT my biggest when I did.  A 17 year old football player that got a scholorship to Florida State last year came to me benching 335 at 270, 6 months later he was over 4 hundred but weighed in at 275...That's simple and very well understood among strength coaches and bodybuilders.  Vin, are you a competitor in bodybuilding or powerlifting or weightlifting?  If so you should understand this and if not then I understand why it's not believeable to you....It's the things you learn when actually hands on that defy logic, although this is very logical.     

I dont get the example given....many powerlifters are trying to stay in weight classes while increasing their strength. How does trying to keep at the same bodyweight coerelate here. Ive yet to see anyone get muscularly larger who didnt have to eat up to the next level in bodyweight. A powerlifter who does everything in his power to stay in the 242 or 275 class eating wise is going to remain a 242 or 275 pound powerlifter regardless of his strength increase. But have a 242'er who wants to become a 275'er by actually eating his way up there and "not limit nutritional intake" and IMO youll see someone gain a great deal of muscle mass. I always see people use "well i know this strong ass individual" or "look at so and so powerlifter" as examples in this strength/size argument and I dont get the relationship it has to the argument. Are they actually trying to get muscularly larger eatingwise?
    I use strength "gains" over time while eating up to the next level in size as tools with my guys. I could care less about a 176 pound guy deadlifting 455 who eats to stay at 176 pounds.  Thats absolute strength, not strength gains over time (with the aforementioned eating to get larger). Im not going to overlook the fact that there are 400 pro bodybuilders and the 2 guys with the most incredible 800 pound deadlifts also have the largest traps and 2 inch thick muscle mass on their upper backs compared to their compadres.
    Flex Wheeler and Chris Cormier, both incredible genetics, the ergo playing field was equal, one guy lifted very heavy weights (Cormier) and one guy lifted moderate (Wheeler). Wheeler actually was proven to have a myostatin mutation even. His heaviest bodyweight onstage? I believe it was 238 and he usually competed at 223 to 228. Cormier? 248 to 262 (25lbs more of muscle mass) and I doubt youll find many people that would give the edge to Cormier there genetically. 
     They are all using the same things ergowise and they are all elite with genetics but I havent seen too many pro's who were known as "lighter training blood volume pumping" bodybuilders noted for being ungodly massive.......while Yates, Mike Francois, Branch Warren, Victor Richards, and Coleman who trained like "powerbuilders" have taken muscular size up to new levels. Heck if strength gains has nothing to do with muscle mass we might as well stick with the 135lb deadlifts, 135lbs bench press and 135lbs squats for the entire lifting career....why risk injury?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2006, 09:20:29 PM »
Is this guy a bber?
nah, strongman out of PA
hes done some impressive lifting
squats and deads
he's got some vids on youtube check steve macdonald
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2006, 09:59:49 PM »
go back to blowin you're hero adonis, it's better for your image cause everytime you post something you sound dumber and dumber.  It's amazing how a guy who's in decent shape like you has no self esteem what so ever and has to be led around in life by another dude.  You wanna talk about a circle jerk?  EVerytime someone posts about your boy you come running to the rescue.  

Take his dick out of your mouth and start being a man for God's sake, it would be so much better for you.

Hahaha, watch out natural al, he might divulge some cutting edge info on carb depletion.  ::)

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2006, 10:39:52 PM »
   Heck if strength gains has nothing to do with muscle mass we might as well stick with the 135lb deadlifts, 135lbs bench press and 135lbs squats for the entire lifting career....why risk injury?

Doggcrapp, because of the back and forth a while ago I want to say I am not trying to discredit your program here.  There are many different discussion that could go on here so I will keep it to the positives.  I agree 100% about stimulus and food intake to build big muscles.  I also do not believe in the "light, pumping " theory or way to train.  I do believe in volume for experienced bodybuilders, but in no way does that mean light weight and pumping type speed on reps.  As for the parts of the d.c. program that I'm familiar with and agree with is the need to do lots of stretching (active,passive, between sets etc and therapy stretching as well).  I do not agree with the basic and simple doggcrap priniciple of the beating the log book.  I've been around a long time, trained with many mr america, universe winners, competed and won and lost shows, gained muscle, lost muscle, had training periods from training for sports, bodybuilding, fitness etc and trained (as you have) many competitors and winners of teen nats, juniors and many shows over the years and have my own opinions.  Once again, I do not discredit your program, to each their own and honestly from what I know there are only a couple things I do not agree with. 
This is a good discussion.  Others can put their thoughts as well and maybe Trop can stay around.   

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2006, 05:49:03 AM »
Hahaha, watch out natural al, he might divulge some cutting edge info on carb depletion.  ::)

I'm kinda sorry that I posted that as this thread was moving along pretty well and I didn't mean to ruin it.

anyway, I wanted to give it the old "bumperoni" cause I think there was some pretty good information in here...not just dc information but good information for anyone to take out of here and at least look at.

I'm using DC-no secret there-and I just started hack squatting for the first time in my life.  I'm starting off super light to save my lower back and keeping the reps pretty high for now, right at 20.  I'm going ass to ankles.  I started off with 2 45's total and have been adding a little weight each time. It'll be real interesting to see where I end up.  I did the same thing on the hammer v-squat, this is kinda a hybrid squat/hack squat machine.  I started really light and kept the reps high to save my lower back.  Last workout I hit 405 for 22 reps.  Next blast starts on Tuesday and I'm hoping to get up over 500lbs before all is said and done.  I'm also looking to break 1000lbs on the leg press before the end of the year.
nasser=piece of shit