Author Topic: Stretch marks in strange places?  (Read 3085 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Stretch marks in strange places?
« on: December 29, 2006, 06:52:55 AM »
Okay here's an interesting one for you. I noticed that I started to develop tiny stretch marks on my biceps after lifting heavily for some time now. Well while shaving down last night ( I hate body hair and so does the miss ), I found that I have a few more in a very strange place. On the inside of my legs right next to my TAINT of all places. What the hell man. Anyone else have them in off the wall places? Is there a way to get rid of them or make them less obvious? I'm thinking if I'm getting them now, I should start doing something preventative to keep them from showing up in more exposed areas. Do you get them from just growing fast? Maybe from alot of water intake and then suddenly not as much?  It's had my mind going all morning so I figured why not share with the new get big bro's.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Re: Stretch marks in strange places?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 07:30:15 AM »
Wear them with honor...they mean you are growing.

i have them all over...delts, pecs, quads, lats, biceps.

there are some creams that can help prevent them but once you have them you usually can't do much about it...

8)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 11:40:06 AM »

there are some creams that can help prevent them but once you have them you usually can't do much about it...

8)
yup just time and perhaps tanning.
bodybuildersreality.com

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 12:06:59 PM »
Okay here's an interesting one for you. I noticed that I started to develop tiny stretch marks on my biceps after lifting heavily for some time now. Well while shaving down last night ( I hate body hair and so does the miss ), I found that I have a few more in a very strange place. On the inside of my legs right next to my TAINT of all places. What the hell man. Anyone else have them in off the wall places? Is there a way to get rid of them or make them less obvious? I'm thinking if I'm getting them now, I should start doing something preventative to keep them from showing up in more exposed areas. Do you get them from just growing fast? Maybe from alot of water intake and then suddenly not as much?  It's had my mind going all morning so I figured why not share with the new get big bro's.

I have a few in that same area. I thought it was pretty weird too when they first showed up but I don't really worry about them.

dovidov

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 07:59:18 PM »
the only place i have them are on the inside of my thighs up high like you-

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 06:26:29 AM »

Ditto
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 11:43:15 AM »

8)

Agreed. But I don't have any on my quads though.

FinnPilot

• Getbig III
  • Team Patrick Bateman
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 09:15:32 PM »

8)

My friend  bought some cream for them and said he got rid of the most of them. I've never had marks before, but now after using HST for two cycles, i just noticed i have huge marks between my chest and armpit  :o  I'm really happy about hst, i'm a natural lifter and got stretch marks :D

bigguns175

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »
Everywhere you can think of I got em... Upper back , lower back, armpit, chest/shoulder area, all around legs, glutes, on calves, on biceps , forearms.....

Best thing to get rid of them is time... lol... crappy answer I know but it's the only thing that really does it.

I hear applying cocoa butter 3 times a day to them may help takes a good month or two too notice results from it though.

The ones on my biceps which initially were the worst and biggest now 4 years later are practically completly faded out, over time they all begin to silverize and become not that noticible.

as said above

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 05:27:56 PM »
I have them too, where my hip flexers are. It's not a big deal.

And again, like it was said before, it means you're growing.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 05:33:50 PM »
I think some people are more prone to them than others.  My mate doesn't really lift regular but he gets them real quick.  Once they're there you stuck with them really.  If you're bulking you can get creams which will soften the skin until you get to your target weight.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 06:11:44 PM »
Stretch marks are the best sign of progress!!! Rare when it happens, takes radical growth that doesn't happen that often during a training career.

The areas mentioned are often hidden or on the inside side of the body, which is less obvious: inside of thighs, underside of upper arms, underside of lats near armpits. Literally areas that ar stretched during and after exercise and getting pumped. Some of the more visible areas are the outside of the armpits around the chest/delt tie-in, and the bis.

With time they fade back in to almost the skin color, the only difference being a different texture that's not that obvious. I have to really look to find em they've blended in so much.

I don't think creams really help, it's genetic.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 06:19:41 PM »
A friend of mine from college used to call them "battle scars." ;)

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 04:23:23 AM »
It's a big mistake to think that stretchmark are a sign of progression, cause in a lot of cases it ain't.

Skin should be elastic to a certain amount. A small group of people doesn't have that elasticy, the get stretchmark's very easily. Another small group shows a quick sign of progression.

The majority it's a sign of dehydrated/dry skin caused by multiple reasons. Most common during the summer, but also during winter. During winter you lose a lot of water due to the dry air and sweating, cause you sweat a lot actually, and it ain't compensated proparly.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 05:45:28 AM »
It's a big mistake to think that stretchmark are a sign of progression, cause in a lot of cases it ain't.

Skin should be elastic to a certain amount. A small group of people doesn't have that elasticy, the get stretchmark's very easily. Another small group shows a quick sign of progression.

The majority it's a sign of dehydrated/dry skin caused by multiple reasons. Most common during the summer, but also during winter. During winter you lose a lot of water due to the dry air and sweating, cause you sweat a lot actually, and it ain't compensated proparly.

Absurd. This is all unproven speculation. The time i got stretchmarks was exactly the time i made the best gains. Must be a coincidence. ::)

dontknowit

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 09:43:45 AM »
WTF  ??? Everything what you can't comprehend is speculation? :P

If you get a stretchmark the damage is done. A stretchmark is actually a scar, the result of a tear of an underlaying skin.
A way to prevent getting them is to check your waterintake, if your pee is dark and/or stinks it ain't enough.

And about gains,
pull your skin and check it's elasticity. You gains has to be massive to override that elasticity. Those can only be made in the first years of (serious) training or when you're bulking and getting fat. That's got not much to do with coincidence.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 09:51:28 AM »
WTF  ??? Everything what you can't comprehend is speculation? :P

If you get a stretchmark the damage is done. A stretchmark is actually a scar, the result of a tear of an underlaying skin.
A way to prevent getting them is to check your waterintake, if your pee is dark and/or stinks it ain't enough.

And about gains,
pull your skin and check it's elasticity. You gains has to be massive to override that elasticity. Those can only be made in the first years of (serious) training or when you're bulking and getting fat. That's got not much to do with coincidence.

Rampant speculation, opinions foisted as fact. Check water & pee are you kidding me? Genetics combined with the rare good fortune of substantial gains over a short time IMO. Go and waste money on creams, and be sure to apply generously in between heavy sets & during beauty sleep! ::)

dontknowit

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 11:36:33 AM »
WTF creams again,
were do you see me talk about creams ???

And why the trash about "opinions foisted as fact"?

Maybe, maybe, if you had some close relatives they could tell you something about pregnacy and stretch-marks. You do not have to invent a new solution cause it's a common problem. There is no (easy) solution for the stretchmarks you already have. Surgically or laser are the only options and these methods are expensive.

so_vain

• Getbig I
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 04:35:26 AM »
well I just began training again at home a few weeks ago. I use 10-20 lbs dumbbells high volume, short rest, and high sets. I'm fighting chronic tendinitis in both my left shoulder AND my left forearm (actaully im guessing thats whats with forearm) so I'm taking things very very easy. Sunday was my bicep/forearm day. I got the most incredible pump, next morning I noticed some new stretch marks on both biceps. The only supp I take is creatine, zma, multi, fish oil, and joint stuff.  My urine is always clear, i pee constantly it seems. So it seems the pump alone cause the new stretch marks! and if anyone has experience with forearm injuries please comment here: http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=124050.msg1772872#msg1772872

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 01:45:57 AM »
Rampant speculation, opinions foisted as fact. Check water & pee are you kidding me? Genetics combined with the rare good fortune of substantial gains over a short time IMO. Go and waste money on creams, and be sure to apply generously in between heavy sets & during beauty sleep! ::)

If you train really heavy and intense itīs allmost impossible to avoid them.

I think itīs important to check your pee all the time, by tasting it.

TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 02:47:10 AM »

If you train really heavy and intense itīs allmost impossible to avoid them.

I think itīs important to check your pee all the time, by tasting it.

Exactly, this is by far the best test of something this important. ::)