Author Topic: Does anyone know a supplement that works?  (Read 2301 times)

Herc

• Getbig II
Does anyone know a supplement that works?
« on: December 29, 2006, 12:11:49 PM »
Ive trained hard for some years and tried creatine and glutamine and some of those ones that are supposed to increase my testoterone, Andro something. Ive also tried some other lesser known supplements with no results. None of them have helped. 
   Has anyone got any results from supplements?  Everyone ive talked to that claims they got results started eating better and training harder and they give the credit to the supplements but I think it was there eating and training change. Ive considered buying some supplements if there are any that will cause noticable difference.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Does anyone know a supplement that works?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 12:15:26 PM »
don't waste your money. Eat lots and train hard. if you must have supplements i'd just buy glutamine,amino acid, multivitamen.
bodybuildersreality.com

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 02:21:10 PM »
if I had to be limited to four- whey protein, creatine, fish oil, green tea caps

I think nutrition is 50%, training is 35%, rest/sleep 10%, supplements and other factors the remaining 5%

D-Jay

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 08:16:26 PM »
I think for some people, there is a perceived value in 'buying' the supplements.  The notion that it is a tangible step toward their goals gets them motivated to go to the gym, and plan their meals, etc.  Could be a bit of a placebo effect.

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »
I agree with jr. yates, Glutamine/Aminos are great plus u can take them on an empty stomach

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 08:10:35 AM »
don't waste your money. Eat lots and train hard. if you must have supplements i'd just buy glutamine,amino acid, multivitamen.

Why no creatine?  the research seems to back its effacacy, no reported serious side effects and it is affordable.  I'm curious as to why you omit that particular supplement.

By the way, I like using aminos, but they seem overpriced.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 11:19:21 AM »
first time i used creatine...loading n all i did put on around 20 lbs real quick...i swear...

now that much creatine give sme the shits..something fierce..

i just stick to 5 grams every other day...and i feel it helps with my mind muscle connections..

ditto with vanadyl suphate...

guys that have been jicing for a while will not agree here..cause they have forgotton what it feels like to train and not be able to feel the muscle you r working..
carpe` vaginum!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 12:46:17 PM »

now that much creatine give sme the shits..something fierce..

Everything gives you teh shits.  ;D  Like I said B4 - You got issues!
:

whitewidow

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 08:34:15 PM »
Ive had good luck with supplements. they all seem to work for me I love muscle milk that shit just blows me up. probably cause its got some hidden sugars in it. I also have had good luck with creatine-vitargo cgl in particular. its a pain in the ass mixing up the drinks twice a day. same with protein powder making 3-4 shakes a day takes some time.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 10:46:33 AM »
Why no creatine?  the research seems to back its effacacy, no reported serious side effects and it is affordable.  I'm curious as to why you omit that particular supplement.

By the way, I like using aminos, but they seem overpriced.
I will never EVER use creatine for the rest of my life!  I've had to bad injuries using the stuff, another guy at my gym, one of the biggest and oldest told me hes had 2 major injuries himself, a torn chest and a torn bicep both occuried while on creatine and NOT on gear.  he has used gear before however, I havn't yet and my injuries occured with light weight for me and i was warmed up and stretching.  I've been off for a long time now and im using even heavier weight and injury free so i personally say Creatine sucks ass, for this boy anyways.  :)
bodybuildersreality.com

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 12:31:13 PM »
Ive had good luck with supplements. they all seem to work for me I love muscle milk that shit just blows me up. probably cause its got some hidden sugars in it. I also have had good luck with creatine-vitargo cgl in particular. its a pain in the ass mixing up the drinks twice a day. same with protein powder making 3-4 shakes a day takes some time.

How much time does making a shake consume, unless you're going "old-school" and blending eggs, milk, and ice cream?

Take 1-2 scoops of protein powder; put it in a shaker; add water; and shake. That takes all of 15 seconds.

Or, you can go the night before and use some Ziploc bags to carry a day's worth of protein powder/weight gainer.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 12:33:13 PM »
I will never EVER use creatine for the rest of my life!  I've had to bad injuries using the stuff, another guy at my gym, one of the biggest and oldest told me hes had 2 major injuries himself, a torn chest and a torn bicep both occuried while on creatine and NOT on gear.  he has used gear before however, I havn't yet and my injuries occured with light weight for me and i was warmed up and stretching.  I've been off for a long time now and im using even heavier weight and injury free so i personally say Creatine sucks ass, for this boy anyways.  :)

The only type of injuries of which I've heard from those using creatine are hamstring pulls, usually from football players.

And, that's partially due to someone being underhydrated, while using creatine.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »
most gains your recieve are going to be water weight anyways.
Dont let the scale fool you.
big or bust

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 03:46:03 PM »

You are mistaking the cause of the injury.  Creatine will not do what you are attributing to it.

w

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 08:02:52 PM »
You are mistaking the cause of the injury.  Creatine will not do what you are attributing to it.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Jr., I'm surprised that you thought this... :-\

:

whitewidow

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 12:08:53 AM »
How much time does making a shake consume, unless you're going "old-school" and blending eggs, milk, and ice cream?

Take 1-2 scoops of protein powder; put it in a shaker; add water; and shake. That takes all of 15 seconds.

Or, you can go the night before and use some Ziploc bags to carry a day's worth of protein powder/weight gainer.

dude im old school- my shakes are pretty elaborate. alot of materials are needed-lol

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 10:49:38 AM »
Thanks for pointing that out.
Jr., I'm surprised that you thought this... :-\

so am I.  but its my personal feeling about it.  Maybe your right and you probably are but i havn't been injured while off of it and im lifting heavier.  Not only that but, I have come across a few others that feel the same way so im fine without it.  I've never noticed much with the stuff so its one last thing to have to take everyday.
bodybuildersreality.com

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »
I think for some people, there is a perceived value in 'buying' the supplements.  The notion that it is a tangible step toward their goals gets them motivated to go to the gym, and plan their meals, etc.  Could be a bit of a placebo effect.

there is alot of truth in this.  People lack patience. They do a routine for say a weak.  They notice great results in the first few days, as they loose some water weight, but then they don't see themselves turn into a muscletec poster overnight and get discouraged.  Honestly I think the biggest thing that holds back people is diet.  Eat 5 small meals a day.  make sure you get some protien in each meal.  keep your sugars to a minimum if you are trying to keep the fat off.  Else the diet that has always worked for me, is PB & J 5 times a day.  2 sandwiches each meal.  with the PB laid on thick on both sides of bread.  Then for your Jelly use honey, or jelly, the shit better be oozing out the sides too.  Try this diet for a month, lift hard and I garantee you will put some meat on the bones.  beef up first, tone down last. 

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 09:30:14 AM »
Juice.

Hhaha  even though true.  Really the best supplements are your basics a good whey protein, Glutamine, creatine and branched chain aminos.  Get higher vitamins and minerals too by taking a good multi vitamin.

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 05:03:36 PM »
dude im old school- my shakes are pretty elaborate. alot of materials are needed-lol

right, or you are just stupid  ;)  j/k of course. 
a friend of mine works at a gnc and he says people call all the time saying something like, "hey io bought some protein up there a couple days ago and i was wondering if you could tell me how to make a shake"  boggles the mind...
F

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 05:22:44 PM »
Hey guys i  work at a well known nutrition store in southern california. I would tell you to try TREN XTREME by American cellular Labs. All there products rock especially the Tren. Unfortuanatly you cant get there products online. but find a good store and enjoy.....
-