Author Topic: whats the difference between INCLINE DUMBELL CURLS and NORMAL DUMBELL CURLS?  (Read 5970 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
so whats the difference these 2 exercises???
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
Personally, the only difference I feel is that it is harder to lean into the curl and recruit other muscles to help you though the set with incline.  If you have a problem with cheating during regular dumbbell curls, try them on the incline.

My $0.02.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Inclines hit the front delts very noticably, often tire them out before the bis, which is why i don't like em. If you notice this do inclines using an arm blaster, which will take the delts out of the equation & make it a better exercise. As far as bis, inclines hit the lower part of the bis near the forearms more than regular curls.

Obviously it varies since Schwarzenegger loved em.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Incline DB curls (head remaining on the incline board throughout) allows a better range of tension (not to be confused with ROM) than the standing version of DB curls. With the DB Inclines, start with the hammer position at the bottom position. As you curl up, twist the DB's out so the thumbs will be facing away from the body at the top position. Give a slight crimp to the bicep and lower with a reverse of the twisting motion. Twisting the hands/wrist/forearms has a strong influence on building the biceps. That is their natural muscle curve/function. Gymnast who twist the hands  a lot (Example...the rings) seem to have pronounced biceps.

The anterior delts (front) will be called upon, to a lesser degree, when doing most regular DB/BB standing or sitting curls. With the angle of an incline bench, the upper body is supported and the arm's are hanging somewhat freely by themselves when doing DB curls. There should be very, very little influence on the anterior delts. If stress is felt on the delts it may be due to the stretch from the weight of the DB's in each hand. Or a person is just doing the exercise totally wrong. Good Luck.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
it's all BS if u ask me. what's nexT? doing dumbell curls while laying down in ur bed?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
it's all BS if u ask me. what's nexT? doing dumbell curls while laying down in ur bed?
BS reply. Actually, DB curls while lying down on a bench is another one worth trying..

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
BS reply. Actually, DB curls while lying down on a bench is another one worth trying..

yes...

Incline Curls are a partial stretch position....Lying Curls are a full stretch position

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Inclines hit the front delts very noticably, often tire them out before the bis, which is why i don't like em. If you notice this do inclines using an arm blaster, which will take the delts out of the equation & make it a better exercise. As far as bis, inclines hit the lower part of the bis near the forearms more than regular curls.

Obviously it varies since Schwarzenegger loved em.
Well to me this is true if your poundage is too heavy. If the weight is manageable you can focus on your biceps more.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
Different angle, you focus on a different part.

Just make the sure the angle isn't that big. 30 to 45 degrees is enough.

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
I believe Arnold said he would pull his shoulders and Elbows back more when doing the incline DB curls to help take some of the shoulders out of the work.  Ive tried this in the past and did notice its harder to do and does isolate the biceps a little more.