Author Topic: A pit bull terrier mauls a five-year-old girl to death  (Read 18877 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: A pit bull terrier mauls a five-year-old girl to death
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2007, 07:46:03 AM »
The mere fact that you can't get your brain around the fact that there are MILLIONS of pitbull owners and a HANDFULL of attacks shows me how skewed your closed minded brain really is.

And you can't comprehend the point that Nordic is trying to make here. The fact is that those millions are mostly wanna-be gangster types and complete idiots. I dunno about you, but most of the pit owners I've seen aren't Caesar Milan, but stupidasses wearing du-rags. And why should there be a handful of attacks? How about no attacks?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2007, 07:47:27 AM »
How about no attacks?

Are you for real?  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2007, 07:54:44 AM »
Are you for real?  ::)

You act as though dogs are people.. This is one of the few flaws present in the western way of thinking! I'm wating for the time I take my vacation to this specific place and I'm gonna have a lot of fun killings stray dogs.. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2007, 07:57:29 AM »
The mere fact that you can't get your brain around the fact that there are MILLIONS of pitbull owners and a HANDFULL of attacks shows me how skewed your closed minded brain really is.

Read my actual comments brother. You're thinking with your heart only.

A major problem I see is that the owners very rarely get punished for the crime. For example, authorities will problem let the man responsible for this story get off FREE (except for guilt) due to the highly probable ruling that it was just "another" rogue Pitt attacking incident for which the owner had no power over the situation.

I'm pretty sure the owners of the dog will come out and say "the dog was the nicest dog you could of known. we don't know what made it do this!". We've heard the same story a thousand times before :-\.

The possability of that gets right on my nerves. Basically no-one will be properly punished for this disgusting event, just for the death of a little girl will not be served - everyone loses in cases like this.

For specific breeds of dogs there should be a license and a 100% responsibility clause for the owner. E.g. if the dog attacks and kills you get done for manslaughter. And maybe even this: if the owner has a history of training the dog aggressively (which does happen) then charge them with murder.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2007, 07:57:54 AM »
And you can't comprehend the point that Nordic is trying to make here. The fact is that those millions are mostly wanna-be gangster types and complete idiots. I dunno about you, but most of the pit owners I've seen aren't Caesar Milan, but stupidasses wearing du-rags. And why should there be a handful of attacks? How about no attacks?
Ok, so they ban pit-bulls forever, then what?  Another dog is then beaten and made to become vicious and then attacks people...let's ban that breed and so on and so on.

Ya know Chihuahua's as small as they are think they are bigger than pits and will sometimes bite just for the sake of showing you who's boss.  Should they be banned?  Should all dogs regardless of their breed be banned?  No, those who turn them into killers should be held liable for their behavior and sentenced as I said earlier as 2nd and 3rd degree murder.  Maybe then those who train these dogs to do such things will think differently about how they treat their animals.
:D Weee

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2007, 08:02:05 AM »
1) Ok, so they ban pit-bulls forever, then what?  Another dog is then beaten and made to become vicious and then attacks people...let's ban that breed and so on and so on.

2) Ya know Chihuahua's as small as they are think they are bigger than pits and will sometimes bite just for the sake of showing you who's boss.  Should they be banned?  Should all dogs regardless of their breed be banned?  No, those who turn them into killers should be held liable for their behavior and sentenced as I said earlier as 2nd and 3rd degree murder.  Maybe then those who train these dogs to do such things will think differently about how they treat their animals.

1) If it makes sense to do so, then yes, ban the next breed. The common sense in relation to this topic is lost with you dog lovers.

2) If Chihuahua's "sometimes bite just for the sake of showing you who's boss" to kids or anyone else then it is totally unacceptable. If I had a kid and your Chihuahua bit it "just for the sake of showing who's boss" I would drop kick it for 4.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2007, 08:06:26 AM »
1) If it makes sense to do so, then yes, ban the next breed. The common sense in relation to this topic is lost with you dog lovers.

2) If Chihuahua's "sometimes bite just for the sake of showing you who's boss" to kids or anyone else then it is totally unacceptable. If I had a kid and your Chihuahua bit it "just for the sake of showing who's boss" I would drop kick it for 4.
When are you going to realize that it is a fucking animal and still has animal instincts to protect itself and let others know that it can???  No, you respect the animal and teach it correctly. 

Would I want an animal destroyed if it harmed someone?  Absolutely!  But I don't and wouldn't hold the "breed" responsible for the "owners" improper treatment and teaching of the dog.   >:(

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2007, 08:08:09 AM »
Read my actual comments brother. You're thinking with your heart only.

A major problem I see is that the owners very rarely get punished for the crime. For example, authorities will problem let the man responsible for this story get off FREE (except for guilt) due to the highly probable ruling that it was just "another" rogue Pitt attacking incident for which the owner had no power over the situation.

I'm pretty sure the owners of the dog will come out and say "the dog was the nicest dog you could of known. we don't know what made it do this!". We've heard the same story a thousand times before :-\.

The possability of that gets right on my nerves. Basically no-one will be properly punished for this disgusting event, just for the death of a little girl will not be served - everyone loses in cases like this.

For specific breeds of dogs there should be a license and a 100% responsibility clause for the owner. E.g. if the dog attacks and kills you get done for manslaughter. And maybe even this: if the owner has a history of training the dog aggressively (which does happen) then charge them with murder.

Geography has alot to do with a persons view of this dog, I guess. Obviously Camel Jockey lives in the ghetto cause all he sees are "stupidasses wearing du-rags" owning pits and all you hear about are owners getting away with murder. I must live on another planet all together cause unresponible owners do get punished where I'm from and the majority of owners are responsible with very sociable dogs.

I wish people in America would be as tough on banning guns as they were in trying to ban this breed. I just don't get why a dog is getting a worse rap then guns.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2007, 08:12:02 AM »
I wish people in America would be as tough on banning guns as they were in trying to ban this breed. I just don't get why a dog is getting a worse rap then guns.
Because our hearts go out to the family of the little girl.  Kids are usually the victims of such attacks.  :(

You know if/when you hear of a child getting caught in the crossfire of a gun battle between gangs...all hell breaks loose about getting the guns and gangs off the street.  But again...you only hear it when a child loses a life to such. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2007, 08:21:58 AM »
When are you going to realize that it is a fucking animal and still has animal instincts to protect itself and let others know that it can???  No, you respect the animal and teach it correctly. 

Would I want an animal destroyed if it harmed someone?  Absolutely!  But I don't and wouldn't hold the "breed" responsible for the "owners" improper treatment and teaching of the dog.   >:(

You just don't GET it. Maybe we should retire the whole idea of having pets then? Why should Joe average be responsible for YOUR dogs "animal instincts"? Western society has reached the point where they are no longer needed for most task forces except the military and police. New forms of media, ie. the internet also reduce the need of dogs as companions.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2007, 08:31:53 AM »
You just don't GET it. Maybe we should retire the whole idea of having pets then? Why should Joe average be responsible for YOUR dogs "animal instincts"? Western society has reached the point where they are no longer needed for most task forces except the military and police. New forms of media, ie. the internet also reduce the need of dogs as companions.
Sooooooo, do you think that Joe Blow's kid down the street (who has been beaten all his life and taunted him into thinking it's ok to shoot someone if they piss you off by his dad...Joe Blow) finds a gun and shoots someone cuz they taunted him is the only one responsible for the incident.  Joe Blow should not be held liable as well?

Dogs of all breeds keep our elderly happy and lively.  The keep "newly out on their own" feeling safe and secure along with keeping them company.  They help the blind see.  They do a lot for their companions.  Don't be so naive about dogs and quick to want to extinguish a species because of incidents of some.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2007, 08:45:48 AM »
Sooooooo, do you think that Joe Blow's kid down the street (who has been beaten all his life and taunted him into thinking it's ok to shoot someone if they piss you off by his dad...Joe Blow) finds a gun and shoots someone cuz they taunted him is the only one responsible for the incident.  Joe Blow should not be held liable as well?

Well, it's a totally different scenario and you're going off on one like a typical women! :D

The thing is, a dog is an ANIMAL. I understand what you're trying to project, however humans are not animals and animals are not humans. You're thinking with your heart and not your head again. You're comparing humans to animals.

I'd like to believe you don't think animals and humans are equals...

Dogs of all breeds keep our elderly happy and lively.  The keep "newly out on their own" feeling safe and secure along with keeping them company.  They help the blind see.  They do a lot for their companions.  Don't be so naive about dogs and quick to want to extinguish a species because of incidents of some.

lol, I never said extinguish a full species, that would be ignorant, arrogant and flat out wrong of anyone to think.

I agree that dogs do add value to life thru companionship and the other areas you've mentioned. I am however not motivated to speak further on this particular topic of companionship and pets because I'm not really one for pets at all and I've never been a dog lover so I'm obliged not to share my opinion on such matters because I have zero experience.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2007, 08:56:16 AM »
Well, it's a totally different scenario and you're going off on one like a typical women! :D

The thing is, a dog is an ANIMAL. I understand what you're trying to project, however humans are not animals and animals are not humans. You're thinking with your heart and not your head again. You're comparing humans to animals.

I'd like to believe you don't think animals and humans are equals...

lol, I never said extinguish a full species, that would be ignorant, arrogant and flat out wrong of anyone to think.

I agree that dogs do add value to life thru companionship and the other areas you've mentioned. I am however not motivated to speak further on this particular topic of companionship and pets because I'm not really one for pets at all and I've never been a dog lover so I'm obliged not to share my opinion on such matters because I have zero experience.
Well see, you said a mouth full.  I'll start with your first quote...so because animals are animals and humans are humans you would not hold the father "Joe Blow" accountable?  Interesting.

Secondly, you said we should retire the having pets idea.  So what do we do with all the dogs?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2007, 09:00:51 AM »
Well see, you said a mouth full.  I'll start with your first quote...so because animals are animals and humans are humans you would not hold the father "Joe Blow" accountable?  Interesting.

Hmm, no I never said anything about "Joe Blow"'s accountability.

Secondly, you said we should retire the having pets idea.  So what do we do with all the dogs?

No, I said "maybe we should ...". I just posed the question.

Is it me or do I sense a lot of sexual tension in your posts? :D
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2007, 09:24:33 AM »
I dont like dogs so when i lived in a neighbourhood with lots of dog i use to Carry i knife in me right pocket and if any of them dogs attacked me i would let it bite me in my left arm and then i would stab him in the neck with my other arm
Luckily i never got attacked
Money drugs and bitches

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2007, 09:25:30 AM »
I dont like dogs so when i lived in a neighbourhood with lots of dog i use to Carry i knife in me right pocket and if any of them dogs attacked me i would let it bite me in my left arm and then i would stab him in the neck with my other arm
Luckily i never got attacked

hahaha ROFLMAO!!!!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2007, 09:51:46 AM »
Well this thread has been up since yesterday and Body has yet to respond....If anyone knows him in real life they should check on him to make sure he didn't have a  heart attack,stroke,or possibly a brain aneurysm when he read the ignorant comments blaming the breed of dog for this tragic event.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2007, 10:03:21 AM »
Ya know Chihuahua's as small as they are think they are bigger than pits and will sometimes bite just for the sake of showing you who's boss.  Should they be banned? 

Just bitch-slap those mouthy little rodents.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2007, 10:06:47 AM »
Well this thread has been up since yesterday and Body has yet to respond....If anyone knows him in real life they should check on him to make sure he didn't have a  heart attack,stroke,or possibly a brain aneurysm when he read the ignorant comments blaming the breed of dog for this tragic event.

Says who?

No-one has refuted a single thing I've said.

Is it a fact this breed of dog was bred for it's aggressive tendancies and high tolerance of pain? Yes!

Re-read my comments and refute my points. Madam Lane gave up because she was clutching at straws in the end.

And as if Body's opinion isn't biased... He's a dog lover ffs.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2007, 10:13:34 AM »
Says who?

No-one has refuted a single thing I've said.

Is it a fact this breed of dog was bred for it's aggressive tendancies and high tolerance of pain? Yes!

Re-read my comments and refute my points. Madam Lane gave up because she was clutching at straws in the end.

And as if Body's opinion isn't biased... He's a dog lover ffs.

The point of my post was that body88 get's extremely upset when the breed is blamed.I know nothing about dogs.I will say that my sister had a pitbull for years and it never attacked anyone.That is the only pit I have ever been around.My parents had a Lahsa Apso (sp) that would bite your face off if you got close enough to him...he only weighed 15 lbs...that was just his personality.I think dogs are like humans in that each dog has it's own personality. Many humans attack other humans unprovoked on a daily basis.Should we stop having children?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2007, 10:16:47 AM »
   The point of my post was that body88 get's extremely upset when the breed is blamed.I know nothing about dogs.I will say that my sister had a pitbull for years and it never attacked anyone.That is the only pit I have ever been around.My parents had a Lahsa Apso (sp) that would bite your face off if you got close enough to him...he only weighed 15 lbs...that was just his personality.I think dogs are like humans in that each dog has it's own personality. Many humans attack other humans unprovoked on a daily basis.Should we stop having children?

There we go again comparing humans to animals and suggesting legislation should be based on these comparisons :-\

There's just no seperation between animals and humans for you folks is there?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2007, 10:26:09 AM »
There we go again comparing humans to animals and suggesting legislation should be based on these comparisons :-\

There's just no seperation between animals and humans for you folks is there?

It depends on whether or not it favors my  argument at the time. For example if we are arguing over how humane it is to raise cattle for slaughter,I say "They are just animals..that is what they are for...for us to eat."  but in this case I say  " Animals are living creatures,just like humans."

I am not for a ban on the breed,but I am in favor of MANDATORY training to anyone who wants to own an aggresive dog. They should be trained the proper way to raise it to be not aggresive and then be held accountable for the actions of the dog.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2007, 10:51:22 AM »
 Does anyone know what happened exactly? Did the girl grab the dog or what? Surely she did something to set the dog off. :-\

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2007, 10:53:41 AM »
Get yourself a Golden Retriever or a Collie. Those dogs are breeded to not be aggressive.

-Hedge

Actually Pit Bulls score higher on the american temperment testing society than goldens (goldens are "mouthy" dogs in the eyes the SPCA workers i know) and collies are so over bred that they have become a "snap" dog along the lines of dalmations.  Collie's are responsible for more bites per year than almost all dogs.  The only reason we don't hear about it is because lassie was a collie.  People don't sue or take it to the press with collie's, they do with pits.  My buddy's neighbor had his intestines ripped out and was killed by their collie when he was 6 years old.  It wasn't newpaper worthy.  Oh well.

And pits that are bred to breed standard are never aggressive dogs.  The history of pit breeding states that any dog with human aggression is to be destroyed and never bred, and only the dogs with perfect temperments are to be bred. 

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2007, 10:58:14 AM »

it was the fireworks, the dog went apeshit.

and how is anyone gonna know, both the dog and the child were killed.

I  Thought maybe grandmas was a witness...iduno.