Author Topic: UFC 66 salaries  (Read 11000 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
UFC 66 salaries
« on: January 02, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »
Liddell: $250,000
Ortiz: $210,000
Arlovski: $145,0O0
Bisping: $24,0O0
Alves: $22,000
Gonzaga: $18,000
Griffin: $16,000
Okami: $16,000
Jardine: $14,000
MacDonald: $10,000

Jardine and MacDonald got jipped.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: UFC 66 salaries
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 03:17:38 PM »
Wow, UFC sure is doing better than Pride financially.  ::)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 03:24:52 PM »
Wow, UFC sure is doing better than Pride financially.  ::)

Yep, they also give there fighters sufficient notice as to when they will fight.  Pride is notorious for throwing together fights at the last minute and not giving they're fighters enough time to train properly, case in point, Yoshida vs. Thompson.  I sure hope Pride starts taking better care of they're fighters or they will continue to lose the big names.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 03:26:05 PM »
Yep, they also give there fighters sufficient notice as to when they will fight.  Pride is notorious for throwing together fights at the last minute and not giving they're fighters enough time to train properly, case in point, Yoshida vs. Thompson.  I sure hope Pride starts taking better care of they're fighters or they will continue to lose the big names.

They just resigned Fedor, Shogun, Wandy and Arona. What the f**k are you talking about? I was being sarcastic. Outside of the top 3, those purses are horrendous. Griffin was a legitimate title contender before that fight and he's making $14k? With the size of the gate for that event, that's pretty terrible. Pride is doing fine, losing CroCop is not the end of the world. They'll probably have a new TV deal soon, anyway.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 03:40:36 PM »
They just resigned Fedor, Shogun, Wandy and Arona. What the f**k are you talking about? I was being sarcastic. Outside of the top 3, those purses are horrendous. Griffin was a legitimate title contender before that fight and he's making $14k? With the size of the gate for that event, that's pretty terrible. Pride is doing fine, losing CroCop is not the end of the world. They'll probably have a new TV deal soon, anyway.

you have no clue about anything related to MMA, every time you open your mouth you prove what an ignorant douchebag you are.............You're self ownage pleases me, carry on.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 03:44:21 PM »
you have no clue about anything related to MMA, every time you open your mouth you prove what an ignorant douchebag you are.............You're self ownage pleases me, carry on.

hahahaha, what a fucking clown. Enlighten me as to where I'm wrong with that? Paying a top 5 lhw fighter 14k to fight when he was almost in line for a title shot is laughable. I'm sorry that your UFC nuthugging is clouding your judgement. This is why the fighters stay in Pride. Unless you're #1 or #2 in the division, you're making chump change compared to the rest. Typical TUF fanboy.

Funny, Pride is "doing so bad" yet just re-signed Fedor for 2 more years and 4 of the top 5 205 fighters in the world.  ::)

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 03:50:25 PM »
hahahaha, what a fucking clown. Enlighten me as to where I'm wrong with that? Paying a top 5 lhw fighter 14k to fight when he was almost in line for a title shot is laughable. I'm sorry that your UFC nuthugging is clouding your judgement. This is why the fighters stay in Pride. Unless you're #1 or #2 in the division, you're making chump change compared to the rest. Typical TUF fanboy.

Funny, Pride is "doing so bad" yet just re-signed Fedor for 2 more years and 4 of the top 5 205 fighters in the world.  ::)

Aren't you the same guy who wondered why no one was elbowing in Pride? Haha you are clueless. Keep owning yourself! It's funnier that you don't even realize it.

Getbig's biggest tool, tied with Dan18

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 03:51:29 PM »
Aren't you the same guy who wondered why no one was elbowing in Pride? Haha you are clueless. Keep owning yourself! It's funnier that you don't even realize it.

Getbig's biggest tool, tied with Dan18

Are you dumb? Jimmy was the clown who was pointing out that you can't spike an opponent on their head in Pride. I've been watching Pride before you even found spike tv. Get your facts straight before you try to insult someone, you just come off looking like an obsessive asshole when you grasp at nothing in an attempt to attack me.

Boy, you really do look stupid now. Not even worth replying to a clown who just started watching MMA and only exists on this board to pop his mouth off.  ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 04:00:54 PM »
tito got the best deal there. slightly lower than the champ. and he hasnt fought anyone good to get to that spot.
arlovski got a pretty good payment too considering he's no champ.

im generally speaking of course, not commenting on the amount of money in itself, which is too low.
Z

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 04:42:19 PM »
Are you dumb? Jimmy was the clown who was pointing out that you can't spike an opponent on their head in Pride. I've been watching Pride before you even found spike tv. Get your facts straight before you try to insult someone, you just come off looking like an obsessive asshole when you grasp at nothing in an attempt to attack me.

Boy, you really do look stupid now. Not even worth replying to a clown who just started watching MMA and only exists on this board to pop his mouth off.  ::)

Jimmy owned you.....You are a fool, you know nothing about MMA or bodybuilding. Judging by your pic you are just a run of the mill emo kid looking for acceptance

Carry on

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 04:48:14 PM »
Jimmy owned you.....You are a fool, you know nothing about MMA or bodybuilding. Judging by your pic you are just a run of the mill emo kid looking for acceptance

Carry on

hahahaha, here's a typical xpac2 meltdown. Kid cries out for attention, gets owned, so he gets desperate and starts crying. Gayer than a sugar-free milkshake.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 05:51:03 PM »
Paying a top 5 lhw fighter 14k to fight when he was almost in line for a title shot is laughable. I'm sorry that your UFC nuthugging is clouding your judgement. This is why the fighters stay in Pride. Unless you're #1 or #2 in the division, you're making chump change compared to the rest. Typical TUF fanboy.

The fact that you think Griffin was a top 5 LHW fighter shows everyone here what you know and where you stand.  Btw, yeah, I know Pride resigned Wandy,Shogun and Fedor, that alone won't keep Pride afloat.  Sure, they are better than anyone in the UFC, but that alone won't convince the mass of ignorant new TUF fans (such as yourself) that are fueling the growth of the sport to buy the PPV's in the numbers that the UFC has been generating.  Compare that with the UFC's buyout of WEC and WFA, a successful Tv deal with Spike and a new Tv deal with HBO, and all the new talent being scooped up by the UFC and Pride isn't looking so hot financially.
Predictions
 40/61

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 05:59:44 PM »

i totally agree mma fighters need paid more but doesn't forest griffin get a $100,000 a year contract also. if not that is truly bad. its still peanuts compared to football ect but chuck and tito should be pretty much finically set if they don't waste there money
irongearco.com

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 08:45:22 PM »
The fact that you think Griffin was a top 5 LHW fighter shows everyone here what you know and where you stand.  Btw, yeah, I know Pride resigned Wandy,Shogun and Fedor, that alone won't keep Pride afloat.  Sure, they are better than anyone in the UFC, but that alone won't convince the mass of ignorant new TUF fans (such as yourself) that are fueling the growth of the sport to buy the PPV's in the numbers that the UFC has been generating.  Compare that with the UFC's buyout of WEC and WFA, a successful Tv deal with Spike and a new Tv deal with HBO, and all the new talent being scooped up by the UFC and Pride isn't looking so hot financially.

He was a top UFC LHW fighter who was in line for a title shot. He's not even a top 10 205 fighter across the orgs. You really need to stop proving that you lack reading comprehension and read into posts beyond what you want to see. I've yet to see the UFC sell out anything close to a 50,000+ seat arena like Pride does for almost every event. Across the world Pride is much more recognized and broadcasted. Pride is growing at a TREMENDOUS rate in China and Korea. Hell, almost 1/2 of Croatia tuned in for the last 2 rounds of the OWGP to see CroCop. Everyone knew the WEC and WFA wouldn't last and it was only a matter of time. Personally, I think K-1 Heroes is on par with the UFC even.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 11:29:01 PM »
He was a top UFC LHW fighter who was in line for a title shot. He's not even a top 10 205 fighter across the orgs. You really need to stop proving that you lack reading comprehension and read into posts beyond what you want to see. I've yet to see the UFC sell out anything close to a 50,000+ seat arena like Pride does for almost every event. Across the world Pride is much more recognized and broadcasted. Pride is growing at a TREMENDOUS rate in China and Korea. Hell, almost 1/2 of Croatia tuned in for the last 2 rounds of the OWGP to see CroCop. Everyone knew the WEC and WFA wouldn't last and it was only a matter of time. Personally, I think K-1 Heroes is on par with the UFC even.

You said Forrest was a top 5 LHW fighter, word for word. You need to stop proving you lack a comprehension for who are the top LHW fighters.  The UFC may not sell out a 50,000 seat arena, but they also don't spend millions on lazers and pyrotechincs on every show.  The bottom line is Pride is starting to wear itself thin and the UFC is booming. Right now, the States are where the big money is and Pride has yet to make the kind of impact that the UFC has.  Hey, im sure if they showed Pride for free like they do in most of the places you mentioned it would be bigger over here.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 11:33:09 PM »
You said Forrest was a top 5 LHW fighter, word for word. You need to stop proving you lack a comprehension for who are the top LHW fighters.  The UFC may not sell out a 50,000 seat arena, but they also don't spend millions on lazers and pyrotechincs on every show.  The bottom line is Pride is starting to wear itself thin and the UFC is booming. Right now, the States are where the big money is and Pride has yet to make the kind of impact that the UFC has.  Hey, im sure if they showed Pride for free like they do in most of the places you mentioned it would be bigger over here.

I was implying top 5 in the UFC dipshit. Why would I be talking specifically about the UFC and his title shot chances and then go out of my way to say he was top 5 in the world? Think for a second moron. There's nothing whatsoever to indicate that Pride is wearing itself thin. The TV deal has more to do with their supposed yakuza ties than profits and I'm sure they'll have another deal eventually. It's only a matter of time before they crack the US market for real. They're already coming back in February. You seem pretty upset by the fact that the UFC still has barely any big name fighters despite Dana running his mouth around the clock. Supposedly Pride just signed Vera, so there goes one of the 3 best UFC HW fighters. They're looking awesome.  ::)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 11:42:46 PM »
your right berzerk fury..pride fc is more broadcasted than UFC..i have never seen a ufc event on tv.even in india they broadcast pride fc.other than the ultimate fighter program,i don't see official ufc events broadcasted on tv..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 08:29:25 AM »
I was implying top 5 in the UFC dipshit. Why would I be talking specifically about the UFC and his title shot chances and then go out of my way to say he was top 5 in the world? Think for a second moron. There's nothing whatsoever to indicate that Pride is wearing itself thin. The TV deal has more to do with their supposed yakuza ties than profits and I'm sure they'll have another deal eventually. It's only a matter of time before they crack the US market for real. They're already coming back in February. You seem pretty upset by the fact that the UFC still has barely any big name fighters despite Dana running his mouth around the clock. Supposedly Pride just signed Vera, so there goes one of the 3 best UFC HW fighters. They're looking awesome.  ::)

There is little more than five guys at 205 in the UFC so it would be hard NOT to be top five.  Vera supposedly signed with EliteXc, but he has one more fight left on his UFC contract.  The amount of money and main stream buzz the UFC is generating right now, is more than what Pride is doing. The UFC put on twice as much shows than Pride in 06', and 07' may even make it three times more.  Pride is actually gonna be doing less in 07' since the failure of Bushido.  The UFC even attempted to buyout Pride not too long ago but they refused to sell, if that isn't a sign of who is doing better I don't know what is. 
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 11:19:11 AM »
There is little more than five guys at 205 in the UFC so it would be hard NOT to be top five.  Vera supposedly signed with EliteXc, but he has one more fight left on his UFC contract.  The amount of money and main stream buzz the UFC is generating right now, is more than what Pride is doing. The UFC put on twice as much shows than Pride in 06', and 07' may even make it three times more.  Pride is actually gonna be doing less in 07' since the failure of Bushido.  The UFC even attempted to buyout Pride not too long ago but they refused to sell, if that isn't a sign of who is doing better I don't know what is. 

I don't think there's one sentence in your post that's ever had any proof to back it up outside of the fact that UFC put on more shows than Pride. I'm shocked that you might be the only person on the internet with access to Pride's financial books. This is a monumental day in Getbig history, Sakakibara is posting on this site!!!!!!!!!!  ::)

Pride resigning 5 of it's most popular fighters shows how terrible it's actually doing while the UFC signs 1 Pride guy for 2 years. Oh brother, it's the apocalypse!

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 07:21:17 PM »
I don't think there's one sentence in your post that's ever had any proof to back it up outside of the fact that UFC put on more shows than Pride. I'm shocked that you might be the only person on the internet with access to Pride's financial books. This is a monumental day in Getbig history, Sakakibara is posting on this site!!!!!!!!!!  ::)

Pride resigning 5 of it's most popular fighters shows how terrible it's actually doing while the UFC signs 1 Pride guy for 2 years. Oh brother, it's the apocalypse!

So you have proof that Brandon Vera signed with Pride, or proof that Bushido still exists, or proof that Pride did more shows than the UFC in 06?  I'm just putting together all of the small things that have gone wrong for Pride this year and using common sense to come to the conclusion that they are not doing as good as the UFC is doing. The Ufc is clearly winning the war in the states and that where the money is.
Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 07:30:02 PM »

Here it is straight from Sakikabara's mouth dickblister, admitting they fell behind to the UFC in 06' and currently are still behind.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3214&zoneid=2
Predictions
 40/61

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 08:39:41 PM »
Here it is straight from Sakikabara's mouth dickblister, admitting they fell behind to the UFC in 06' and currently are still behind.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3214&zoneid=2

Chutebox, It's obvious that BerzerkFury has no idea about MMA and justwrites what he read in different posts at Sherdog, why do you even try to argue? Him and his Butt budy meathead SincitySmallGUy are just Tuf newbs who think they know about MMA but would get there asses smoked if they ever were to try and train.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »
Chutebox, It's obvious that BerzerkFury has no idea about MMA and justwrites what he read in different posts at Sherdog, why do you even try to argue? Him and his Butt budy meathead SincitySmallGUy are just Tuf newbs who think they know about MMA but would get there asses smoked if they ever were to try and train.

hahahaha, thanks for proving you exist for no reason but to talk shit. SinCity has been training since before you were most likely spit out of your mother's womb. I notice you've now got a vendetta against him since he's been embarrassing you all over the V and Y today. You're a clown who really needs to stop sticking his foot in his mouth. I like how you're trying to attach yourself to Chute's nutsack to ride because as usual, you can't defend yourself.

Chuteboxe, yeah I saw the interview today. Falling behind isn't the end of the world, UFC had been chasing them for what, 7 years? If Pride can tap the US market they'll be fine. If not, oh well. The only reason I enjoy Pride more is the ruleset and the ring. I'm a big fan of knees on the ground, soccer kicks, stomps, and spiking to the head. Other than that, I could care less. Hell, if the UFC gets some more fighters it could be interesting. Might actually make a card worth buying and not dl'ing the fights off the internet. In the end, it's all good for the sport. I would expect K-1 Heroes to grab more top fighters than the UFC would be able to should Pride implode.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2007, 09:46:45 PM »

Yeah pal check out my sources ask Amercian Bulldog if he thinks i train.. Ask anyone else who knows shit about MMA or Martial Arts or trains you fucking tard If they think I know my shit.Read my posts my shit is logical.. I dated a master in 2 arts, daughter in high school. I worked at his gym and have been training since I was 8. Your a joke. I've been literally owning you all day, so bad that you had to quit posting for hours until you saw that i hadnt been online for a while. Let me guess you figured, if you could get something on a board for a few hours you could say I was scared or something. What a joke anybody else see his ass become my lil jock strap carrier on the Y board. First time there for me and you got owned. You my friend are the one who knows only what you see on tv. Look up the name Kirk Koskella on google images. Tell me i dont train bitch that is my first master. If you know about martial arts you will know who he is standing with...A bunch of Grand Masters. This is the guys daughter I dated fcukwad... He raised me everyday in his dojang for a few years I swept floors to pay for class, and taught classes.... Now that my friend is monster ownage....Never another word, you are not worthy to step into my house.... I feel sorry for you!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 09:48:18 PM »
hahahaha, now that's setting a clown straight.