Author Topic: UFC 66 salaries  (Read 11010 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: UFC 66 salaries
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 09:52:12 PM »
So (3) got paid, and the others pretty much got a free trip to Vegas and some cash for a buffet.

Those top (3) pay days are respectable, but the others? Damn.
a

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2007, 09:53:23 PM »
So (3) got paid, and the others pretty much got a free trip to Vegas and some cash for a buffet.

Those top (3) pay days are respectable, but the others? Damn.

Exactly what I'm talking about. For the supposedly gigantic cash cow that is the UFC, anyone that's not a top 2 fighter in their weight class is paid like shit. But apparently they're going to lure the big names.  ::)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2007, 10:01:59 PM »
Exactly what I'm talking about. For the supposedly gigantic cash cow that is the UFC, anyone that's not a top 2 fighter in their weight class is paid like shit. But apparently they're going to lure the big names.  ::)

Crazy thought but what if Dana is saving as much money as he can, by just shelling out large amounts of cashto his top 3 or 4 big names in each weight class, so that he can lure other big names and have a ton of money to do it with... Imagine if Dana was smart enough to take all the top pride guys and other big name fighters from orginaztions. Imagine if you had the best in the world all under the same roof. While the other groups ended up with the Frank Mirs and the Babalo's. World dominance.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2007, 10:10:16 PM »
Crazy thought but what if Dana is saving as much money as he can, by just shelling out large amounts of cashto his top 3 or 4 big names in each weight class, so that he can lure other big names and have a ton of money to do it with... Imagine if Dana was smart enough to take all the top pride guys and other big name fighters from orginaztions. Imagine if you had the best in the world all under the same roof. While the other groups ended up with the Frank Mirs and the Babalo's. World dominance.

That could possibly be what he's doing, I wouldn't mind it. I wonder if Heroes would sit around and let that happen. I know K1 has more than enough money to bring in pretty much any fighter they wanted to.

If the UFC had Pride rules, I wouldn't complain at all. I can't stand watching people having north/south positioning and not getting kneed in the head.  >:(

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2007, 10:19:16 PM »
That could possibly be what he's doing, I wouldn't mind it. I wonder if Heroes would sit around and let that happen. I know K1 has more than enough money to bring in pretty much any fighter they wanted to.

If the UFC had Pride rules, I wouldn't complain at all. I can't stand watching people having north/south positioning and not getting kneed in the head.  >:(

agreed, and i havent been to happy with ref's in the UFC. not to mention names but i cant stand (Herb Dean) Dana just cant fire him though cause he's the only black ref.. haha that was out of line but i am not hitting backspace. Yeah dude that fight that is posted like 5 or 6 posts down the pride with Igor, dude that didnt get called. So how are people gonna say that the Tito fight wasnt called. The reason UFC  calls fights and things like that so quick is the same reason they have adapted more rules then pride. People in amercia have a fit with things like violence. Just the same way they do with sex, drugs, and numerous other things.. Japan loves to see violance for christ sakes. Or at least my opinion...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2007, 10:22:27 PM »
agreed, and i havent been to happy with ref's in the UFC. not to mention names but i cant stand (Herb Dean) Dana just cant fire him though cause he's the only black ref.. haha that was out of line but i am not hitting backspace. Yeah dude that fight that is posted like 5 or 6 posts down the pride with Igor, dude that didnt get called. So how are people gonna say that the Tito fight wasnt called. The reason UFC  calls fights and things like that so quick is the same reason they have adapted more rules then pride. People in amercia have a fit with things like violence. Just the same way they do with sex, drugs, and numerous other things.. Japan loves to see violance for christ sakes. Or at least my opinion...

Fighting and the way of the warrior has been part of Japanese culture for centuries now. They're more than accustomed to that shit, which is unfortunate because I really don't think the Pride rules have anything wrong with them. I just think it adds another element to the fights when there's the possibility of taking knees, stomps or kicks to the head while you're on the ground.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 01:44:25 AM »
Fighting and the way of the warrior has been part of Japanese culture for centuries now. They're more than accustomed to that shit, which is unfortunate because I really don't think the Pride rules have anything wrong with them. I just think it adds another element to the fights when there's the possibility of taking knees, stomps or kicks to the head while you're on the ground.
so your saying you can't knee,stomp and kick anyone on the head in UFC ...that sucks.now wonder UFC suck so much..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 12:57:13 PM »
its the only way the NSAC would sanction their bouts. In the early years of UFC it was basically anything goes, look at the way Orlando Weit was KO'd for a prime example. Times have changed and the only way Dana could have it licensed was to agree to tone it down for H&S reasons
Scouser on Tour