Author Topic: training while sick  (Read 1465 times)

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
training while sick
« on: January 03, 2007, 12:04:28 PM »
hey guys.,,.i havent been sick in years so i havent had this problem before, i have a real bad cold, headache, stuffy, sore throat, cough...so wondering if i should man up and hit the gym or if it would be counter-productive. really dont want to train but will if its ok.,.,

-DL

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: training while sick
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »
hey guys.,,.i havent been sick in years so i havent had this problem before, i have a real bad cold, headache, stuffy, sore throat, cough...so wondering if i should man up and hit the gym or if it would be counter-productive. really dont want to train but will if its ok.,.,

-DL
if you don't want to train don't. do you have a big show coming up or someting?? my guess is no, you could take a full week off, chances are you'll just grow from doing that and  :o get better too! bonus.
bodybuildersreality.com

bigjoex

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 02:42:22 PM »
yes i agree and while if your sick and you start to get a little better start to do just pushups and situps and you will be good

Cerberus2k7

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:50:29 PM »
I say go to the gym, but don't go full force.  But enough to get your blood pumping pretty good.

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
  • The darkside makes you stonger.Gives you focus!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 07:57:54 PM »
STAY HOME!!!!Never mind that you need to let yourself get well.And tearing down your body is gonna make it go longer.YOU'LL INFECT THE F@#!IN' GYM.

ASSH*%@'S STAY HOME!!! >:( ::)
give in to the darkside

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 10:10:31 PM »
stay home , rest , eat nutrtious foods , drink lots of fluids , did i say rest?  ;)

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 12:33:28 AM »
STAY HOME!!!!Never mind that you need to let yourself get well.And tearing down your body is gonna make it go longer.YOU'LL INFECT THE F@#!IN' GYM.

ahahaha i love it..   i'd say stay home. relax and enjoy your time off.(as much as you can seeing as ur sick and all)

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 12:37:02 AM »

Attitude aside, I agree wholeheartedly.  I am sick right now as well, and am staying home.  I know that a week away from the gym won't kill me.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 09:49:17 AM »
The rule Ive been told and Ive always used is if its a small cold stuffy etc: I go usually it clears out my head. If you chest is really congested or flu stay home.

McLaren

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 01:16:32 PM »

-DL

Do no train if you are ill.  You're central nervous sytem has enought o deal with without adding more to it.  You'll just end up more ill.  Get some lemsip drinks tons of water rest and eat 3 or 4 days should be gone!

John O

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 04:35:31 PM »
I don't for the reason as  not to pass the germs on to others. Then it's a light / semi-light workout the first time back with what every body parts I'm working that day.
Masters- 50-54
148#

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 03:35:36 PM »
fucksake , now im sick , or something...same thing happed a year ago when i got a holiday , i just shut down and sleep and lounge around with ZERO energy

tried coffee , fat burners , more carbs

nadda

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 09:07:39 PM »
when i come down with something i go to the gym with a gallon of water drink alot of coffe and workout as hard as i can going high reps and little rest between sets when i leave i feel like a brand new person and bye bye cold

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 01:33:14 AM »
bros its a medical fact, when you train w/ cold or flu youre putting excessive strain on your heart and joints, which in extreme case can lead to hospitalization
I recall few years ago a pro rugby player - 28 y.o. strong mofo, was hospitalized with mini-cardiac shock cuz he went to a prematch practice (not even a full practice session) with flu.

so stay home, who r u kiddin?

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 06:16:58 AM »
Never train when you´re sick, you´re risking it for nothing...
I have done it a couple of times and never again. I remember when i was 18 i had to do this Martial arts presentation when i was sick and after that i felt like dying, no joke either.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 04:34:44 AM »
You could try some cycling or some other light training,
but if you're seriously ill,
just standing up makes you dizzy, just take a week off.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 05:03:26 AM »
dont do it unless you want an heart infection

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 08:39:52 AM »

-DL

DO NOT TRAIN WHILE SICK!  Bodybuilding 101
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo