Author Topic: Why hasn't anyone disproven the True Adonis Principles yet?  (Read 56121 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Why hasn't anyone disproven the True Adonis Principles yet?
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2008, 06:03:41 AM »
Whatever happened to the McDonald's Diet? I mean wasn't there supposed to be pics, videos, receipts, a sub 3% body fat, etc...?
Here is a link in case you missed it.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=133789.0

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2008, 07:02:39 AM »
God I'm getting tired of these threads.

I USED THE PRINCIPLES AND THEY WORKED.

MOVE ON.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2008, 07:03:31 AM »
God I'm getting tired of these threads.

I USED THE PRINCIPLES AND THEY WORKED.

MOVE ON.

LIAR!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2008, 07:04:49 AM »
LIAR!!!!

Dude I just showed my pics on the other thread and even you said I looked good.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2008, 07:05:53 AM »
Dude I just showed my pics on the other thread and even you said I looked good.

You know I was joking right? I'm wavelength, the guy who created the Adonis Diet Principles thread! :D

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2008, 07:06:33 AM »
You know I was joking right? I'm wavelength, the guy who created the Adonis Diet Principles thread! :D

Oops.

"I am Jack's shrinking defense mechanism."

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2008, 07:07:59 AM »
Oops.

"I am Jack's shrinking defense mechanism."

Hahaha, off your game?
You do look great in those shots!
I wish I had your arms. :o

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2008, 07:42:57 AM »
Still anyone can post pics and say...in order to get this way I ate pizza, burgers and fries all the time...I just had a slight caloric deficit.
I hate the State.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2008, 07:52:45 AM »
Who's to say that the benefits eating fried/sugary "foods" haven't already been disproved? Could it be a false premise to begin with?

wisconsinBB

• Getbig IV
  • Sweep The Leg!
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2008, 07:56:40 AM »
I gotta go with Adonis on this one, as long as you have a diet and a daily routine that results in a caloric deficiency, you will lose weight.   Of course if you consumed all your calories in 1 or 2 meals it could slow down your metabolism, making the weight loss harder. 

I think the importance of eating Clean foods for a bodybuilder is to try and get enough protein in to spare as much muscle as possilbe during the dieting phase.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2008, 08:56:06 AM »
I gotta go with Adonis on this one, as long as you have a diet and a daily routine that results in a caloric deficiency, you will lose weight.   Of course if you consumed all your calories in 1 or 2 meals it could slow down your metabolism, making the weight loss harder. 

I think the importance of eating Clean foods for a bodybuilder is to try and get enough protein in to spare as much muscle as possilbe during the dieting phase.

And Apenis came up with revolutionary concept? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2008, 08:56:51 AM »
Still anyone can post pics and say...in order to get this way I ate pizza, burgers and fries all the time...I just had a slight caloric deficit.

point being?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2008, 09:01:21 AM »

One of the principles says how many protein you must consume on a daily basis.

From my experience, I disagree with your remark about meal frequency. I had an easier time on one meal a day. Might be different for others. One would of course space out the meals in a way most convenient, that does not go against the rules.

My measure of success was not weight loss (that's achievable on any restrictive diet) but change of body composition. In this regard, the diet was the best I ever did.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2008, 09:08:18 AM »
True Adonis came in second at the Mr Getbig, losing only to a pro bodybuilder.  He was the most ripped guy in the show, and lost to Whateva on shape and muscle maturity, right?

While his theories of "a calorie is a calorie" and "It is possible to live on mcD food and reach 3% bodyfat have received criticism here - they have not yet been disproven.  Why is this?
Who was this pro you speak of?  ???

And personally, I wouldn't go and eat McDonald's, Yodel's, etc. as my regular "daily" food intake to prove or disprove anyone's theories.  :P

I don't have really anything against TA, but if his "principles" are so effective, why isn't everyone doing it?   ;)
:D Weee

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2008, 09:09:54 AM »

And personally, I wouldn't go and eat McDonald's, Yodel's, etc. as my regular "daily" food intake to prove or disprove anyone's theories.  :P

I don't have really anything against TA, but if his "principles" are so effective, why isn't everyone doing it?   ;)

fear

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2008, 09:11:45 AM »
One of the principles says how many protein you must consume on a daily basis.

From my experience, I disagree with your remark about meal frequency. I had an easier time on one meal a day. Might be different for others. One would of course space out the meals in a way most convenient, that does not go against the rules.

My measure of success was not weight loss (that's achievable on any restrictive diet) but change of body composition. In this regard, the diet was the best I ever did.

What's your body weight again?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2008, 09:15:28 AM »
What's your body weight again?

I was 165 at the start of the diet and around 150 at the end. I have been bigger in the past, up to 185 in decent condition. Wasn't sure if I should do the diet at all this year (because of the bad starting point) but gave it a shot anyway.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #192 on: November 21, 2008, 09:16:43 AM »
I was 165 at the start of the diet and around 150 at the end. I have been bigger in the past, up to 185 in decent condition. Wasn't sure if I should do the diet at all this year (because of the bad starting point) but gave it a shot anyway.

So what type of diet are you on right now?

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2008, 09:18:54 AM »

I'm not sure how effective it is for everybody, but it certainly worked for me.

The diet that "everyone" is currently doing (low-carb) wasn't effective for me at all, which just proves my point.

What works for one, doesn't necessarily work for all.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2008, 09:30:08 AM »

Why don`t the majority reject the concept of the bible and the invisible man in the sky and instead embrace Science and Scientific fact over faith which is belief without evidence or contrary to evidence?

Ignorance.

See how meaningless your premise is.  50 years ago the majority of people wanted to deny African Americans equal rights. So according to your rationale, since the majority of people wanted to do this, it was the right and best course of action to pursue?

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2008, 09:32:13 AM »
why are people disagreeing with Adonis, i believe you can lose weight eating only junk food, I have done it recently but not cause I wanted to, just went through a tough time...problem is my energy levels were all over the map and my bowel movements were not fun. I wouldnt continue that way for a long time.

I dont think Adonis is saying you should eat that way all the time, he is just saying you can and still lose weight. I think?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2008, 09:34:53 AM »
why are people disagreeing with Adonis, i believe you can lose weight eating only junk food, I have done it recently but not cause I wanted to, just went through a tough time...problem is my energy levels were all over the map and my bowel movements were not fun. I wouldnt continue that way for a long time.

I dont think Adonis is saying you should eat that way all the time, he is just saying you can and still lose weight. I think?
I am saying eat whatever you enjoy day in and day out.  By default the diet will contain all sorts of things.

Just meet the protein requirement and fill the rest with whatever you enjoy in the given caloric amount.

I don`t advocate any food over another.  Every food is beneficial.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2008, 09:35:45 AM »
So what type of diet are you on right now?

Same as described only that I also eat a second meal in the evening, since I'm maintaining right now. I'm insured and sick and can't train at the moment. The injury occurred shortly before the last pic taken (avatar). Not sure what to do next yet.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2008, 09:38:40 AM »
Why don`t the majority reject the concept of the bible and the invisible man in the sky and instead embrace Science and Scientific fact over faith which is belief without evidence or contrary to evidence?

Ignorance.

See how meaningless your premise is.  50 years ago the majority of people wanted to deny African Americans equal rights. So according to your rationale, since the majority of people wanted to do this, it was the right and best course of action to pursue?

See, this post proves I'm not a gimmick of Adonis, I don't think (non-fundamentalist) religion competes against science at all.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #199 on: November 21, 2008, 09:48:29 AM »
If I lived on the Adonis Principles I would be starring in this flick

I tried eating anything I wanted, keeping my calories in mind, but still started to get fat and soft in the mid section.  After eating what I call clean, I feel much better and I've even lost my taste for fast food.  It was a plus 20lbs. of fat when using the AP and getting rid of it when I went back to the way I've been eating for the last 15 years.   www.NutritionalEdge.org  Everyone's metabolism is different and my system can't handle all that drive through stuff.  5 clean ones do it for me.  2 liquid and 3 solid with lots of fiber.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio